LaunchBox Community Forums

Fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection (Dec 2019)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, everybody, here is my fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection for LaunchBox Download: It's pretty stressful right now because I get a lot of requests for the link. So please post your r

Incredible work. I took the liberty of merging it into my LaunchBox as a separate Platform Category, so it appears as WHDLoad. This way I can also easily create playlists of my favourite WHDLoad

Sent in PM

Posted Images

I did my own collection of over 2900 Amiga games. All whdloads and adfs with all Mobygames and HOL tags and fields. Every little game is taken care of, even the crap ones. I gathered all the data available on the net. And I am not finished yet :)

BTW, everything runs on FS-UAE emulator, which is the best now.

Well, I could create only a WHDLOAD setup, but a few hunderd games would be missing. And some people just do not like different versions of the same game. There are many different ADFs of the same game, actually. I only excluded broken or different language adfs.

Edited by Pixel
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

WOW! A great collection. Thanks A THOUSAND TIMES!!!

I did some testing and noticed two things: SKWEEK is not running very well, it's kind of stuttering in gameplay. I tried my ADF and it's stuttering, too. So it must be an emulator issue. I use the latest FS-UAE. Another thing I noticed: TRANSWORLD is crashing shortly after starting. Can anyone confirm those issues? I hope this observation helps to make this collection even better! :)

P.S.: There was only a few games I personally missed in the collection: PIZZA CONNECTION (4 Disks) or BUNDESLIGA MANAGER (the very first version, not PROFESSIONAL, which is already part of the collection). It would be GREAT if you could add those someday :)

On 7/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, Pixelpiper said:

Email system is automated, check your spam/junk folder/filters to see if the reply message was blocked.

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I've look everywhere and I did not receive any email from anyone about that link... Not sure why since if it, as you said, automated. 

Would it be possible for someone to send me the link via PM?

On 6/9/2020 at 10:32 PM, adf_export said:

PPS: the ROM "Death & Glory - Das Erbe von Morgan" is not correct. The ROM belongs to "Das Erbe" which is a Freeware Game from "Comad".

PPPS: seems that Vroom has issues with the .slave file. It looks for Vroom&DataDisk.slave, which does not exist, because it's two seperate .slave files.

Change in "Vroom&DataDisk.zip" -> Vroom.Slave -> Vroom&DataDisk.Slave or start Standard Version.

For Death or Glory in additional applications, change DeathOrGloryDE.zip as the default application or/and remove ErbeDE.zip. Generate a new game for ErbeDE.zip if you like to play it.

On 7/4/2020 at 6:09 PM, hoderer said:

WOW! A great collection. Thanks A THOUSAND TIMES!!!

I did some testing and noticed two things: SKWEEK is not running very well, it's kind of stuttering in gameplay. I tried my ADF and it's stuttering, too. So it must be an emulator issue. I use the latest FS-UAE. Another thing I noticed: TRANSWORLD is crashing shortly after starting. Can anyone confirm those issues? I hope this observation helps to make this collection even better! :)

P.S.: There was only a few games I personally missed in the collection: PIZZA CONNECTION (4 Disks) or BUNDESLIGA MANAGER (the very first version, not PROFESSIONAL, which is already part of the collection). It would be GREAT if you could add those someday :)

TRANSWORLD plays fine here. Just update winuae64.exe with current version in LaunchBox\Emulators\WinUAE\

As WHDLoad-Versions there exist only Bundesliga Manager Hattrick and Bundesliga Manager Professional.

WinUAE doesn't play Skweek well yet.

Edited by Rainman74

Thanks again for the link.

On another subject, I can't believe that even in this compilation, and the 5-6 others I got from all over the internet, I still can't find the one game that made me want to emulation the amiga 1200 in the first place  =  T-zero (or T-zer0). I can only find the demo version.

Incredible. Does that game even exist lol??? 

I even own a complete Amiga disk set totaling 8 or 9 DVDs. Let me know if you want the torrent link.

Edited by Unholy
1 minute ago, Pixelpiper said:

I have it. It's part of the overall WHDLoad collection, not necessarily this one. It's marked as "Demo" however, so maybe not a complete game?

Yes I have edited my post to mention that the only thing I found across a few sets that I own, including disks, is the demo version. But thanks for the reply!

Thank!

In the end I just found a link to it in LHA format. I hope so much that works!!! Pretty much one of my favorite Shmup back in the days.

Edit - EXTREMELY SLOW download lol. So t will take a while to know whether it works or not.  

Edit 2 - What a let down... The LHA that I got does not work. At least, with FS-UAE, I cannot find a way to make it work...

Edited by Unholy
1 hour ago, Unholy said:

Thank!

In the end I just found a link to it in LHA format. I hope so much that works!!! Pretty much one of my favorite Shmup back in the days.

Edit - EXTREMELY SLOW download lol. So t will take a while to know whether it works or not.  

Edit 2 - What a let down... The LHA that I got does not work. At least, with FS-UAE, I cannot find a way to make it work...

Download from here and just add it as EXE to your Amiga WHDLoad Collection 😉 There is no WHDLoad version.

https://thecompany.pl/game/T-Zer0

And that ones, too:
https://thecompany.pl/game/Genetic+Species
https://thecompany.pl/game/Evil's+Doom+1.8

Edited by Rainman74

Ohhhh okay! Sorry I'm not that knowledgeable. Thanks for the info!

Would you happen to know how to launch that Lha CD version through FS-UAE? I tried, but it wopuld not even find the game when I update the files database. I tried to launch it directly but also no luck. Is it even possible?

I would like to be able to launch any version of this game trough FS-UAE so I can add it to my collection in launchbox. 

Thank you so much!!

EDIT: I also have an image of the game in .nrg format. Again, same problem, no idea what to do with it :(

Edited by Unholy
1 hour ago, Unholy said:

Ohhhh okay! Sorry I'm not that knowledgeable. Thanks for the info!

Would you happen to know how to launch that Lha CD version through FS-UAE? I tried, but it wopuld not even find the game when I update the files database. I tried to launch it directly but also no luck. Is it even possible?

I would like to be able to launch any version of this game trough FS-UAE so I can add it to my collection in launchbox. 

Thank you so much!!

EDIT: I also have an image of the game in .nrg format. Again, same problem, no idea what to do with it :(

Do you have Linux? Anyway, setup a Workbench environment with a hdd of 1 GB and then extract the LhA file an install the game.

Thank you very much for your answers. My years of dealing with linux are behind me unfortunately. I have decided to ask that question to the appropriate place in the forums because I am kind of hijacking this thread with my stupid problems :P

It's over there