LaunchBox Community Forums

Fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection (Dec 2019)

Incredible work.

I took the liberty of merging it into my LaunchBox as a separate Platform Category, so it appears as WHDLoad. This way I can also easily create playlists of my favourite WHDLoad titles and keep everything separate from my messy No-Intro SPS collection 😅

Not sure if you're familiar with doing this, but it's essentially how the C64 Dreams LaunchBox set is done.

If you're curious how to do it yourself, I have provided my changes below.

1. Rename Data\Platforms\Commodore Amiga.xml to WHDLoad.xml
  2. Rename the folder structure Games\Commodore Amiga to Games\WHDLoad and edit WHDLoad.xml to replace all references to the old folder structure. I use an editor like Sublime Text 3 or Notepad++ to do this quickly.
  3. Move all Images into Images\WHDLoad
  4. Edit Parents.XML and Platforms.XML to include the below information

Parents.xml:

https://pastebin.com/m7xruSpZ

Platforms.xml:

https://pastebin.com/hidxtqDu

Edited by Captain Star Paw
Moved code to pastebin to make post shorter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, everybody, here is my fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection for LaunchBox Download: It's pretty stressful right now because I get a lot of requests for the link. So please post your r

Incredible work. I took the liberty of merging it into my LaunchBox as a separate Platform Category, so it appears as WHDLoad. This way I can also easily create playlists of my favourite WHDLoad

Sent in PM

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Rainman74 said:

It's pretty stressful right now because I get a lot of requests for the link. So please post your requests here under the post and it would be great if someone who already has the link could pass it on via PN.

THANK YOU

No problem. I can do that.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

Noob question here

why are many games of that pack running super super fast  when i don't have that problem of speed when using ADF files with fs-uae ? Some are running fine

are there some parameters i'm missing or i need to change ? 

EDIT : after checking a lot of games, none seems to work fine for me :( either they are like 100x too fast (Baal, Anarchy, Denaris...), either they are like 20% too slow and sound slow too (Menace...) :( am i missing things ?

Edited by Elhora
10 ore fa, Elhora ha detto:

inviato il PM :)

Can anyone come to my rescue?  I set the emulators as a guide ... But when I import the games ... Which emulator should I choose in the launchbox when it asks?  WinUAE or WHDRun?