LaunchBox Community Forums

Fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection (Dec 2019)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, everybody, here is my fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection for LaunchBox Download: It's pretty stressful right now because I get a lot of requests for the link. So please post your r

Incredible work. I took the liberty of merging it into my LaunchBox as a separate Platform Category, so it appears as WHDLoad. This way I can also easily create playlists of my favourite WHDLoad

Sent in PM

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Pixelpiper said:

I haven't tested enough games yet to encounter this except for Altered Beat feeling very slow (and unplayable as a result). Mostly I've found things that have no sound or hang (Cadaver which I mentioned above).

In doing some searching for trying to get RA/PUAE working with WHDLOAD ToolType options (the workbench menus for trainers, etc.) I did find some info that fixes some titles in WinUAE.  It fixed Cadaver freezing at startup and also the missing main character in Addams Family.

When content starts, press F12 which will bring up WinUAE.  GO to the CPU and FPU options on the left. Then under CPU turn off JIT.  Then you'll have to click RESTART and then START.

You can also try leaving JIT turned ON, and set CPU Emulation Speed to "A500/A1200 or Cycle-exact" - this works for Cadaver but not for Addams Family.

I finally ended removing this pack to configure a full launchable WHDload set via RA/P-UAE (i also did the same for my set of ADF files with FS-UAE) and i've none of the problem i had with this pack (cracking sound, speed problem, sprite glitching,...) without having to worry about a specific "per game" configuration. I think i was the only one to have that problem as no one made any comment about that so i had to find a solution that works for me.

Edited by Elhora
8 minutes ago, Pixelpiper said:

Did you re-use the zipped game files from this set or download a completely new WHDLoad set (which are typically LHA)?

Even more importantly, do you know how to access the Tooltype options present on so many of the WHDLoad games when using PUAE?    I did read one tip about making a custom WHDLoad.hdf folder/file for each game and then having to specify command-line options on one of the Amiga files within it, but that seems like a giant pain in the ass and not really the point of the convenient menu UI in the first place.

i downloaded the full LHA collection. That is the longest part. The LB/RA or LB/FS-UAE part is just 10 minutes easy work, as it works out of the box.

for the tooltip option and the custom whdload option, i didn't dig into it. That is far beyond my patience limit.

Edited by Elhora
On 4/11/2020 at 1:42 AM, Pixelpiper said:

Would someone be so kind as to try "Cadaver?"  - don't change any options.  Mine will just sit at the Bitmap Brothers logo and nothing more.

To run Cadaver press "F12" immediately after start and activate "Cycle-exact". Then press "Reset-Button" at the bottom left.

Or place the attached "WHD.uae" in your WHDRun folder.

a0Eu0J8.png

And IK+ has no control problems with me!

WHD.uae

Edited by Rainman74
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Elhora said:

I finally ended removing this pack to configure a full launchable WHDload set via RA/P-UAE (i also did the same for my set of ADF files with FS-UAE) and i've none of the problem i had with this pack (cracking sound, speed problem, sprite glitching,...) without having to worry about a specific "per game" configuration. I think i was the only one to have that problem as no one made any comment about that so i had to find a solution that works for me.

I also tried the current RetroArch P-UAE core and the refresh rate is no comparison to WinUAE at all. WinUAE plays the games absolutely smooth, but many games jerk with P-UAE. This is best seen with all games with parallax scrolling, e.g. Turrican, Leander, etc.

17 minutes ago, Rainman74 said:

I also tried the current RetroArch P-UAE core and the refresh rate is no comparison to WinUAE at all. WinUAE plays the games absolutely smooth, but many games jerk with P-UAE. This is best seen with all games with parallax scrolling, e.g. Turrican, Leander, etc.

you're right for the speed. This is why i have FS-UAE as a rescue.

In fact, FS-UAE is ok out of the box for everything. The only reason i also use Retroarch, is because i love some of the Shaders ^^  but to be honest, FS-UAE for me is the one that allows me to play almost everything without having to check or uncheck things depending on the game. For my arcade cabinet i try to have the less interface/emulator interaction... I don't have any perfect solution for now.

Edited by Elhora
10 hours ago, Pixelpiper said:

Quick question - does anyone know how to make WinUAE allow ESC to be used as input for the Amiga?  Right now it quits the emulator - so I can't even get into the game Cadaver to check its gameplay.  For RA I use a hotkey so that two keys need to be pressed toegther to access emu options and quit, which lets all normal keys be used on the Amiga side.

change the following in "LaunchBox\Emulators\WHDRun\WHD\S\user-startup"

whdload $game.slave PRELOAD QUITKEY=69;

to

whdload $game.slave PRELOAD QUITKEY=89;

and you use "F10" for exiting a game 😉

Update: I added an alternative WHDRun archive, which only changes the QUITKEY to "F10" in the game Cadaver, the rest stays with "ESC".

WHDRun Cadaver.zip

Edited by Rainman74
  • Like 1
  • Game On 1