LaunchBox Community Forums

Fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection (Dec 2019)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, everybody, here is my fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection for LaunchBox Download: It's pretty stressful right now because I get a lot of requests for the link. So please post your r

Incredible work. I took the liberty of merging it into my LaunchBox as a separate Platform Category, so it appears as WHDLoad. This way I can also easily create playlists of my favourite WHDLoad

Sent in PM

Posted Images

Hey I have problem Can anybody fix it ? Game Switchblade II is not load properly. After properly visible loading screen I press fire & when game starts  video is white & black no visible character & poorly visible opponents. Trully difficult to fix that. Maybe who can have clue ?

I've already done it myself.  

Thanks for this collection.

Edited by mootaron
5 hours ago, mootaron said:

Hey I have problem Can anybody fix it ? Game Switchblade II is not load properly. After properly visible loading screen I press fire & when game starts  video is white & black no visible character & poorly visible opponents. Trully difficult to fix that. Maybe who can have clue ?

I've already done it myself.  

Thanks for this collection.

Since there are always problems when playing games with the JIT compiler, I recommend to deactivate it in general.

Place the following file as described:

• Rename "WHD_nonJIT.uae" to "WHD.uae" and copy to both directories:
  • LaunchBox\Emulators\WHDRun\ &
  • LaunchBox\Emulators\WinUAE\Configurations\

Have fun!

WHD_nonJIT.uae

Edited by Rainman74
On 4/10/2020 at 6:42 PM, Pixelpiper said:

Would someone be so kind as to try "Cadaver?"  - don't change any options.  Mine will just sit at the Bitmap Brothers logo and nothing more.

IK+ loads fine by the joystick controls don't seem to work properly at all.  Had similar odd behavior in others games too that seemed to autofire or couldn't move the pointer with the joystick (non-mouse game).

Others I just noticed quickly: Defender of the Crown (CTDV) no audio. Defender of the Crown 2 (CD32) speaking but no music.

Setup:

Copied all the files into a LB installation that didn't have any previous Amiga collection. Used the alternate XML linked in the first post. Created the Emulator entries shown in the screen shots.  That's it, no other edits.

Cadaver did the same thing to me... I had to set the default emulator to FS-UAE for that one to work properly.

Edit: I came across your fix after posting this... I'm going to do the same. FS-UAE works great, but it doesn't play well with the LaunchBox Pause screen.

Edited by PanteraZombie

Rainman74, thank you so much for sharing this and all the hard work put in to it... I never would have gotten this system going this well, if at all. The only thing I've noticed that's keeping it from being a perfect addition, even though it's minor, is I can't get it to exit with the shutdown screen... it's a hard out. Is there anything I can tweak to get this going? I tried the different combinations for the shutdown screen settings and a few things with the display settings within WinUAE, but nothing has worked yet. The main thing is that the startup screen and pause screens works perfectly! Any help with that would be greatly appreciated, thanks again!

On 4/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, PanteraZombie said:

Cadaver did the same thing to me... I had to set the default emulator to FS-UAE for that one to work properly.

Edit: I came across your fix after posting this... I'm going to do the same. FS-UAE works great, but it doesn't play well with the LaunchBox Pause screen.

Cadaver works fine, please use my Patch 1.1. The controls in IK+ are ok, I can't see any error there.

On 4/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, PanteraZombie said:

Rainman74, thank you so much for sharing this and all the hard work put in to it... I never would have gotten this system going this well, if at all. The only thing I've noticed that's keeping it from being a perfect addition, even though it's minor, is I can't get it to exit with the shutdown screen... it's a hard out. Is there anything I can tweak to get this going? I tried the different combinations for the shutdown screen settings and a few things with the display settings within WinUAE, but nothing has worked yet. The main thing is that the startup screen and pause screens works perfectly! Any help with that would be greatly appreciated, thanks again!

I use this AutoHotkey Skript:

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

12 hours ago, Rainman74 said:

I use this AutoHotkey Skript:

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Yes, I'm using this as well. I am able to exit normally, I just don't get the shutdown screen feature with LaunchBox... it's just an abrupt exit. It's not a huge deal, would just be nice if there was a work-around to get the shutdown screen back. I'm assuming it has something to do with WHDRun.

10 hours ago, PanteraZombie said:

Yes, I'm using this as well. I am able to exit normally, I just don't get the shutdown screen feature with LaunchBox... it's just an abrupt exit. It's not a huge deal, would just be nice if there was a work-around to get the shutdown screen back. I'm assuming it has something to do with WHDRun.

oh well, I do not use shutdown screens, but maybe someone else from the forum can help you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

thanks so much for the effort!

A lot of games (not all of them) crash on my PC. I posted the error log below.

Can you give me a hint where to look?

WHDRun 1.0 Beta 4
Status log as of 2020-06-09 22:31:19
2020-06-09 22:29:51  Checking files and paths
2020-06-09 22:29:51  Configuring WHDLoad slave
2020-06-09 22:29:51  Extracting and merging game data
2020-06-09 22:29:51  Unzipping original game files
2020-06-09 22:29:52  Collecting checksums of unmodified files
2020-06-09 22:29:52  Running game in WinUAE
2020-06-09 22:29:52  Waiting for WinUAE to finish
2020-06-09 22:31:06  WinUAE finished with error code -805306369
2020-06-09 22:31:06  Finding and saving modified game data
2020-06-09 22:31:06  Identifying modified files (including previously modified files)
2020-06-09 22:31:06  No modified files found
2020-06-09 22:31:06  WHDRun is done, but there were errors

PS: and the images path is not correct (which someone at the top of the thread already pointed out)
is: \images\images\*
should be: \images\Commodore Amiga\*

PPS: the ROM "Death & Glory - Das Erbe von Morgan" is not correct. The ROM belongs to "Das Erbe" which is a Freeware Game from "Comad".

PPPS: seems that Vroom has issues with the .slave file. It looks for Vroom&DataDisk.slave, which does not exist, because it's two seperate .slave files.

Edited by adf_export