Jason Carr

10.11-beta-1 Released

4 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can you do the following for me @Pixel:

Select Blasphemous
Go to Tools > Download Metadata and Media
Hit Next, Check "Prioritize Steam Metadata"
Uncheck all image types
On the last page when asked whether you want to overwrite press the top option (overwrite all)
Hit finish and let the process run

Now Navigate to Blasphemous in your collection and press edit (or CTRL-E)
In genre you should see "Action; Adventure; Indie" what do you see?

I did it. No changes at all. I also unchecked LB database and left "prioritize Steam metadata" ticked. Then the fields were empty. Conclusion is that LB downloads it from LB Database, not Steam. 

Edited by Pixel

Could some one else chime in as to whether they are getting similar results that Pixel is seeing. I can't replicate the issues on my end.

13 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Could some one else chime in as to whether they are getting similar results that Pixel is seeing. I can't replicate the issues on my end.

@C-Beats I tested the steps you posted and for Blasphemous the Genre lists only "Action". Even if I delete any existing Genre text or delete all metadata it still pulls only from what our DB has.

Do either of you have a firewall on that may be stopping LaunchBox from communicating via http? Curious why neither of you can connect to Steam through LaunchBox but you can via web browser.

43 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Do either of you have a firewall on that may be stopping LaunchBox from communicating via http? Curious why neither of you can connect to Steam through LaunchBox but you can via web browser.

No. Tested on 3 cabinets and all the same. One was even tested using my secondary office connection at home. Same result.

Have moved some code around and changed all the urls to HTTPS as well as added some logging. Once next push comes out we can try again, and if still not working as expected grab some logs and see maybe why.

newbie here. purchased a license to launchbox. where can i download and test the beta?

Nvm found it. To update to beta releases, go to Tools -> Options -> Updates and check "Update to Beta Releases".

Edited by jason_bell
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jason_bell said:

newbie here. purchased a license to launchbox. where can i download and test the beta?

Nvm found it. To update to beta releases, go to Tools -> Options -> Updates and check "Update to Beta Releases".

It's always a good idea to edit your post with your solution in case someone encounters the same thing in future and can find it easily on the forum using a search. Kudos!

Might have been asked already, but is there (/will there) be a way to autogen a playlist of installed games? 

Edited by crispy4000