LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

10.11-beta-1 Released

42 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The challenge with GOG is that the games sometimes do not register themselves as installed

This is also why i never use the "windows importer" same thing, so many games are not added to the start menu that its a bit pointless, i find keeping shortcuts in a folder and dragging and dropping that far more efficient there.

Its a lose lose thing i guess, dont have the option and people will ask for it, but then adding it is never gonna work 100%, tricky balance.

Beta 7 is out now with the following:

• Various GOG import fixes, mostly surrounding combining and matching games
  • Improved GOG import platform detection (MS-DOS vs. Windows)
  • Missing Play menu action in Big Box has been fixed

A whole lot of testing and tweaking has gone into this beta, so things should be much improved. In case we haven't made it clear, you can now use the Steam and GOG importers and they will combine your Steam and GOG games together into a single game with additional applications, assuming that the titles match up. We've also made sure that manually combining Steam and GOG games together works correctly as well. For those reasons, it might be a good idea to clear out and re-import your Steam and GOG games to make use of the improved features.

Any testing on all of this would be much appreciated, as we plan on putting out the official 10.11 release on Monday.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

What about additional apps tags? I merged two platforms but other than the two badges, we cannot see the tags of imported GOG tags. For instance, its status to filter those games easily etc. It only shows the status of the games that are not duplicates etc.

Many GOG games were merged into Steam games. How do I find them other than the badges scattered among thousands of games?

Sort and arrange by additional apps tags or something like that? I don't know.

As I can see, status tag of merged GOG games was copied from Steam games. So it incorrectly shows "Version: GOG, Status: Imported from Steam" or whatever status it had.

1168723716_Zrzutekranu(322).thumb.png.98ed2925d19ac86c659f04ea804018b6.pngIt can always be fixed manually every time you import new games. But it might be confusing for many users etc.

Also, do you plan to add custom badges? I think badges should support every existing field in LB to filter and sort by them.

23 games were still given status "Imported from GOG" even though 4 of them were MS-DOS games (e.g. Colonization, Pinball Dreams etc.) and 19 games for Windows (e.g. Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Complete, Anno 1404: Gold Edition etc.). It does not always catches all games into proper platform in the status field. Also, three Windows games were imported for MS-DOS platform in the "Platform" field. For instance, the game "Inside" or "Tempest".

Lastly, the Steam genre tags still not working on the last beta. Just to let you know @C-Beats

Edited by Pixel

I'm having the same issue as someone else reported... Steam metadata doesn't get pulled at all. I imported my steam collection, and all games not present in the metadata.xml file (i.e.: all games without a LB Database ID) do not have any metadata (genres/notes/developer/etc).

@Pixel @Belmont

Could you two do me a favor?

Go to Tools > Options > Debugging and turn on Debug Logs. Then try to import a Steam game, uncheck the "Check local games database" (top box) and then run the import. Verify that you do or do not see Steam metadata (Publisher, Developer, Notes, Release Date, Genre). If you do not please close Launchbox then go to your \\Launchbox\Logs\ folder and send me (in private message preferably) the most recent log file in that directory.

Would also like if possible for you to try it with the "Check local games database" checked and also checked "Prioritize Steam metadata" and see what metadata you get and send the log file if you do not see the Steam information.

Beta 8 is out now to fix the metadata issue where the wrong metadata was being used in the additional apps when games were combined on imports.

Also, for those having issues with getting Steam metadata, we still have never been able to replicate that issue, but we'd like to know if you have the same problem with this beta. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 8 is out now to fix the metadata issue where the wrong metadata was being used in the additional apps when games were combined on imports.

Also, for those having issues with getting Steam metadata, we still have never been able to replicate that issue, but we'd like to know if you have the same problem with this beta. :)

Hi Jason, I sent the latest log to @C-Beats Maybe this could help?

Just now, Pixel said:

Hi Jason, I sent the latest log to @C-Beats Maybe this could help?

Thanks much. I believe he reviewed it and made some changes; can you test it again?

Just now, Pixel said:

@Jason Carr @C-BeatsI used Metadata Updater Tool with beta 8, and it still DID NOT work. Thus, it does not concern HTTP issue, I believe.

PM me the log file if you would. We need to see the error message.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

PM me the log file if you would. We need to see the error message.

I already did it :) Please check it in my first message to you.

Edited by Pixel

Just now, Pixel said:

I already did it :) Please check it.

I don't have a second log file from beta 8, only one from beta 7. Did you send another one?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I don't have a second log file from beta 8, only one from beta 7. Did you send another one?

Oh, I see! Sorry. Wait a sec. Here is the beta 8 log file @C-Beats @Jason Carr The file is attached here:Debug 2020-03-06 11-16-05 PM.log

Please let me know if it helps at all?

Edited by Pixel

Thanks @Pixel. Beta 9 is out now with a hopeful fix for those who were unable to access Steam metadata. Steam's web servers require at least TLS version 1.2, and apparently some systems for whatever reason were choosing to use outdated versions of TLS by default. We're now forcing TLS 1.2 for the Steam API calls; hopefully that fixes the issue.

• Like 1

Hello, when I delete a game in Launchbox, it doesn't delete from my HD. I have however checked the box.

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Neo8x said:

Hello, when I delete a game in Launchbox, it doesn't delete from my HD. I have however checked the box.

Thanks in advance

What platform? LaunchBox never removes games from your hard drive without prompting, and will only prompt to delete ROM files. It can't uninstall Windows games, for example.

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

What platform? LaunchBox never removes games from your hard drive without prompting, and will only prompt to delete ROM files. It can't uninstall Windows games, for example.

I'm on windows 10 (x64). I want to delete a Genesis Rom. The rom is deleted from Launchbox but remains on my hard drive. I checked the box in option. The problem has been happening for only a few days. Before I didn't have this problem

11 minutes ago, Neo8x said:

I'm on windows 10 (x64). I want to delete a Genesis Rom. The rom is deleted from Launchbox but remains on my hard drive. I checked the box in option. The problem has been happening for only a few days. Before I didn't have this problem

Are you being prompted to delete the game like this?

image.png.293d186b5dfda6c3c266d655c0118cfc.png

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Are you being prompted to delete the game like this?

image.png.293d186b5dfda6c3c266d655c0118cfc.png

Before I had 2 warnings to delete a rom. Today I only have one

Capture.PNG.172133ebfc3a0f314a6d91778f203104.PNG

3 minutes ago, Neo8x said:

Before I had 2 warnings to delete a rom. Today I only have one

What version of LaunchBox are you using? Can you PM me your LaunchBox\Data\Settings.xml file?