Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
BoraxkiD

Changing platform theme video

Recommended Posts

Hi, I have downloaded multiple platform videos in launch box but i dont know how to select the ones I wanted. Ie i have the standard arcade theme for capcom playsystem 1 and I just downloaded a different one so how do i select the new one. Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 4:15 AM, BoraxkiD said:

Hi, I have downloaded multiple platform videos in launch box but i dont know how to select the ones I wanted. Ie i have the standard arcade theme for capcom playsystem 1 and I just downloaded a different one so how do i select the new one. Cheers 

You can only use one and can only have one named after the platform in the folder. You just place the one you want in the \Launchbox\Videos\Platforms folder and name it exactly as the platform is named in your Launchbox setup. If you download it from the wizard it Launchbox it will do all that for you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

If you download it from the wizard it Launchbox it will do all that for you.

What if you download multiple videos using the wizard? I've tried to set it manually there and it defaults back to the Big Box Cinematix I downloaded.  Can you advise please? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Blakestr said:

What if you download multiple videos using the wizard? I've tried to set it manually there and it defaults back to the Big Box Cinematix I downloaded.  Can you advise please? 

 

You cant download multiples of the same platform, one video per platform only. What it sounds like you are doing is downloading, then choosing another style and downloading them, overwriting the previously downloaded videos.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

You cant download multiples of the same platform, one video per platform only. What it sounds like you are doing is downloading, then choosing another style and downloading them, overwriting the previously downloaded videos.

Does that mean I literally have to redownload it every time I want to switch platform videos?  I'm assuming there's already been a feature request for this (or one for choosing it as part of the theme looks)  Would it help if I did a feature request? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blakestr said:

Does that mean I literally have to redownload it every time I want to switch platform videos?  I'm assuming there's already been a feature request for this (or one for choosing it as part of the theme looks)  Would it help if I did a feature request? 

If you want different videos for different themes then you need to move them to the appropriate theme after downloading them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to make sure I am understanding, let's say I switch to "Unified" theme but I want the Colorful Platform videos to play on it - I would need to manually copy over the video files to that theme's folder?  Then whenever I changed themes, it would still work for that Unified theme (unless maybe I downloaded different videos from the Platform Video download menu) 

Edited by Blakestr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blakestr said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to make sure I am understanding, let's say I switch to "Unified" theme but I want the Colorful Platform videos to play on it - I would need to manually copy over the video files to that theme's folder?  Then whenever I changed themes, it would still work for that Unified theme (unless maybe I downloaded different videos from the Platform Video download menu) 

Yes, videos in the Launchbox/Videos/Platforms folder will play as default, but if you have videos in the actual themes folder they will take precedent.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again! In the wizard i found a video i want under 

Arcade capcom playsystem, its the big box cinematic video.. how do i get that or download it so i can make it my capcom playsystem platform video? There are 2 different tabs so to speak... capcom playsystem and down the bottom is arcade capcom playsystem. I have my set up to capcom playsystem but its not in there to select.. help! I tried downloading it and it claims it did but i dont know where it went.. help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...