LaunchBox Community Forums

These are some systems I wanna play with LaunchBox as the frontend, could someone provide me with emulators for them?

Gizmondo

N-Gage

NUON

Nintendo Sufami Turbo

Sony PocketStation

Sega Model 1

Bandai Playdia (Yes, I KNOW, It's an Edu-Console.)

Konami Picno (See Bandai Playdia)

Bandai Apple Pippin

Magnavox Odyssey

Edit: The reason I put up this thread, before anyone asks, is that I couldn't find emulators for these and I bet other people have had much better luck.

Edited by SonicFan53

Yeah, that is unnecessary.

Also I believe you can edit the title of your own threads, if you cannot you can ask one of the mods to do it for you.

2 hours ago, SonicFan53 said:

These are some systems I wanna play with LaunchBox as the frontend, could someone provide me with emulators for them?

Using google may also aid you, rather than rely on others to answer you, but i guess you already know the answer as you say you couldn't find them.

I don't think Pippen, N-Gage or PLaydia have emulators at all. 

Namco System 22 - Mame

Sufami Turbo - Snes9x or core

Doesn't sony pocketstation have a core?

OK, so, I couldn't get Sufami Turbo to work on Snes9x. Standalone says the ROM Is corrupt, and RetroArch assumes it's an Atari ST ROM, Which it is NOT.

Namco System 22: I was browsing CoolROM and I found a pretty good standalone emulator for it called Viva Nonno!

PocketStation: Couldn't find it.

45 minutes ago, SonicFan53 said:

Namco System 22: I was browsing CoolROM and I found a pretty good standalone emulator for it called Viva Nonno!

Why? Thats 2003 emulator. 

Just use Mame, Mame emulates the System 22 perfectly.

Well we will beg to differ, as i know for a fact that Viva Nonno is no where near the performance that mame has to offer on this system,  at least the last time i looked at it, it still didn't support all the System 22 games.

My advice, is stop trying to reinvent the wheel, Mame is the dominant emulator for this system, hence why Viva Nonno was never maintained, or continued. Check out placces like arcadecontrols they will say pretty much the same.

13 minutes ago, MadK9 said:

Well we will beg to differ, as i know for a fact that Viva Nonno is no where near the performance that mame has to offer on this system,  at least the last time i looked at it, it still didn't support all the System 22 games.

My advice, is stop trying to reinvent the wheel, Mame is the dominant emulator for this system, hence why Viva Nonno was never maintained, or continued. Check out placces like arcadecontrols they will say pretty much the same.

Would the MAME core in RetroArch work? Because I don't use standalone MAME.

I use the MAME core for a lot of arcade stuff, but I always use Mame proper for Namco System 22 and capcom systems etc. Try it, if it doesn't work, MAME does. 

I'm not sure where I got the idea a pocketstation core exists. Sorry, it does not. haha. I think I'm remembering some time last year when I finally got RA to launch Playstation Minis.

I have to be honest here though; the whole point of asking on the forums instead of just googling it is that you can tap people's experience here. It seems a little weird that you'd ask for that, and then not take advice. But, you do you. :) 

Edit: Just opened up the big build and I'm launching Sufami Turbo roms no problem using the snes9x retroarch core. You do need the bios though. 

Edited by fromlostdays

8 hours ago, SonicFan53 said:

Would the MAME core in RetroArch work? Because I don't use standalone MAME.

For someone who says they have so many roms and systems, you really should be using MAME for some of them, as its simply the best choice for certain systems, both for compatibility and accuracy. If you want to use a 17 year old emulator that only supports two games, and that know one here uses instead of MAME that supports all games for that system then we cant help.

5 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

I have to be honest here though; the whole point of asking on the forums instead of just googling it is that you can tap people's experience here. It seems a little weird that you'd ask for that, and then not take advice. But, you do you. :)

Totally agree here, if you are asking for advice and some is given, then heed it. If you are just going to ignore advice given and do your own thing anyway people will just stop helping and replying to you.

OK, so, A: I use MAME in RetroArch because it is easier to setup than standalone MAME. MESS, I gave the time because it can emulate a ton of systems that RetroArch CAN'T! (I could never get my games to actually have controls in RetroArch MESS) If MAME standalone is better than RetroArch core, could someone tell me what the biggest advantage is? I'm curious.

Just now, SonicFan53 said:

OK, so, A: I use MAME in RetroArch because it is easier to setup than standalone MAME. MESS, I gave the time because it can emulate a ton of systems that RetroArch CAN'T! (I could never get my games to actually have controls in RetroArch MESS) If MAME standalone is better than RetroArch core, could someone tell me what the biggest advantage is? I'm curious.

MAME is easy to setup as well, you just need to tell MAME your rom locations, (or if you add your games to the MAME/roms folder you dont even need to do that as that is where it looks by default.) no more difficult than that. It does have a ton of other options but to get it to work just tell it where your roms are and done. MESS is no longer a standalone emulator and hasn't been for a long time, it is part of MAME, so MAME emulates all the Arcade systems and a ton of other computer/console systems with MESS in the one emulator.