LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - 16:9 (Big Box Theme)

On 7/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

- Vertical wheels in game and platform have been adjusted slightly so they zoom in more once in the selector arrow and slightly more space between logo's.

- Vertical logo issue @PiperCalls : If you use logo's which have more height than width (vertical logo's) please add blank space to the sides in the images in order for them to appear in the selector as the horizontal logo's do, there is no fix for this in BigBox theming itself yet.

Thanks for fixing the vertical clearlogo issue so quickly. I dl'd 1.4 and was still having issues but worked around it. I think BB doesn't know what to do with vertical (or round in my case) clearlogos. It was still blowing them up really bad but they weren't as fuzzy looking with 1.4. I did some tweaking on the logos and got them to look right. My logos were 600x600....I scaled them down to 400x400 and then expanding the canvas (transparent) to 600x400 and this did the trick. I think BB just wants to see horizontal shaped clearlogos lol.

Thanks...Piper

• Game On 1

10 hours ago, pixelcide said:

Quick question.

On one of the menus i have a different font then i usually do prior to version 1.4. I'll attach a picture. Usually it has the font called Kimberley.otf displayed here (see 2nd image attached). Is this an error or on purpose? Where would i go to change this in the xml files?

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Thats a known issue, I'll have to look into it some day.

What's New in Version 1.5   
Released Just now

- More consistent look of selector images and fonts in menu's and text lists

- Wheel3gamesview, Textgamesview and game details view now has the arcade cabinet showing as it was intended to for a long time, if no arcade cabinet exists it will fall back to box back images, so no need to fiddle with image priorities anymore to show the arcade cabinet in place. All thanks to @y2guru for his new visibility condition options in the new community theme creator v. 1.0.8.0

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this works now.  Not sure that I saw the dll blocked windows, so I reinstalled Neon, received the blocked prompt, un-blocked the dll's and it worked.  I'm using the 4:3 currently with a crazy old monitor and it looks great, can't wait until I purchase a new monitor for the cabinet and switch to the 16:9.  Great work and thanks for the prompt response. 

• Game On 1

• 3 months later...

I've copied the zip into the Themes folder extracted it there into its folder, I have unblocked the 3 .DLL files in the Plug ins folder.  When I run Big Box, the theme shows up in Manage Themes and when I select it to Apply As Main Theme, it says it has been applied.  It says it was successful, but the theme never runs.   What am I missing?

Edited by ThePezCollector
Correction

4 hours ago, ThePezCollector said:

I've copied the zip into the Themes folder extracted it there into its folder, I have unblocked the 3 .DLL files in the Plug ins folder.  When I run Big Box, the theme shows up in Manage Themes and when I select it to Apply As Main Theme, it says it has been applied.  It says it was successful, but the theme never runs.   What am I missing?

Thats strange, did you install the theme in launchbox/Themes not launchbox/LBThemes? Maybe try to unblock the zip file itself instead of only the DLL's? Is the name of the folder either "Neon Deluxe Arcade Final" or "Neon Deluxe Arcade Final - Alt Views" depending which version you use?

5 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thats strange, did you install the theme in launchbox/Themes not launchbox/LBThemes? Maybe try to unblock the zip file itself instead of only the DLL's? Is the name of the folder either "Neon Deluxe Arcade Final" or "Neon Deluxe Arcade Final - Alt Views" depending which version you use?

I figured out what the problem was.  They were in the proper Theme folder but when uncompressing, the directory structure was another level deeper than it should have been.  Thanks for the reply, it made look at it a bit closer.

• Game On 1

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Ginsonic said:

FIrst, thanks a lot for the great theme, Mr. RetroLust!

I have one question regarding the wheel: In this theme it fades out after a short time, is there any possibility to keep it displayed or show it a few seconds longer?

Thanks glad you like :) The original theme has fading wheels but the "alt views" version has static wheels.

• 4 months later...

I am in love with this theme, it is spectacular, but there is one thing I do not like, is it possible not far to disappear the selection arrow of the game platforms? it would be nice if the selection arrow always remained in evidence.

Thank you

edit I have now seen that "alternate views" is recommended but is it another theme? do i have an option within the theme?

I forgot, I have the 4: 3 version, does it change anything?

bigbox.jpg

Edited by xyz0n

1 hour ago, xyz0n said:

I am in love with this theme, it is spectacular, but there is one thing I do not like, is it possible not far to disappear the selection arrow of the game platforms? it would be nice if the selection arrow always remained in evidence.

Thank you

edit I have now seen that "alternate views" is recommended but is it another theme? do i have an option within the theme?

I forgot, I have the 4: 3 version, does it change anything?

bigbox.jpg

Glad you lke the theme :) Alternate Views is also a 16:9 theme just as the classic theme, alternate views will have static wheels that don't fade.

11 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Sono contento che il tema :) Viste alternative sia anche un tema 16: 9 proprio come il tema classico, le viste alternative avranno ruote statiche che non sbiadiscono.

great! thanks for the answer, but I don't understand, "alternative views" is an option also available in the 4: 3 theme?