LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LaunchBox Games Database Changes/Fixes Today

Hey all, for the most part I think the LaunchBox Games Database has been running smoothly for a very long time now, but I've had an item on my list to step in and make a few changes/fixes for a long time, and I finally did it this morning. They're all minor fixes/changes, but I thought I'd update everyone, regardless. Here's a list of what all I did this morning for the DB:

• Added an option to clear out your default collection. This was needed because there was previously no way to empty out your default collection, so you couldn't start over (for example, when syncing your local collection to the cloud). You can now do it from the Manage Collections page: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/collection/manage
  • The above Manage Collections page received some minor usability improvements as well
  • Finally removed the little Alpha banner in the top right (lol, about time I'd say)
  • Fixed a few broken links
  • Fixed an issue where occasionally images that were marked for deletion (and approved) didn't end up getting deleted
  • Fixed an issue where occasionally alternate titles that were marked for deletion (and approved) didn't end up getting deleted
  • For both images and alternate titles, any images or titles that were previously approved for deletion but never actually deleted have now all been deleted successfully (so the backlog has been fixed up as well)

Please let me know if anyone sees any issues with the above. Thanks as always to everyone contributing to or moderating the DB. It's really grown to be an amazing asset to the community, and I think it's very quickly rising to be the best available resource for game metadata and images (if it isn't there already). :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Now I just need the MicroVision to be added and it'll be perfect! (For Gamate, I'll just get my own images :T)

Posted (edited)

Great stuff, thank you! This will definitely help making the DB even better and more accurate.

Unfortunately errors still occur, at least when dealing with alt names. For example here, trying to delete alt name Tetris (Bulletproof) (Japan) (Rev 2) and add a region to Tetris (Bulletproof) gives an error. From what I've experienced, it seems that the error pops up specifically when you change the Region field, not when you enter a new alt name without region.

Edit: seems that this only happens with some entries, just tested this one and got no errors. Maybe those older entries have something iffy going on?

Edited by Jakatsu

1 hour ago, Jakatsu said:

Great stuff, thank you! This will definitely help making the DB even better and more accurate.

Unfortunately errors still occur, at least when dealing with alt names. For example here, trying to delete alt name Tetris (Bulletproof) (Japan) (Rev 2) and add a region to Tetris (Bulletproof) gives an error. From what I've experienced, it seems that the error pops up specifically when you change the Region field, not when you enter a new alt name without region.

Edit: seems that this only happens with some entries, just tested this one and got no errors. Maybe those older entries have something iffy going on?

What errors are you seeing? What are the exact error messages?

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

What errors are you seeing? What are the exact error messages?

1014855237_2020-03-1704_33.48gamesdb.launchbox-app.combb33a6a7d234.thumb.png.f8042120c11e0208ca0b0a1e52e9d19f.png

Edited by Jakatsu

Posted (edited)

Deleting an alternate name didn't work for me. I marked for deletion a duplicate alternate name (upper one). Screenshot after accepted status. DB entry here.1299154438_2020-03-1807_48.59gamesdb.launchbox-app.com56e057ad5ff1.thumb.png.c9702d99bb9615863ad7cf0aebfca53d.png1190380477_2020-03-1807_49.44gamesdb.launchbox-app.comb9c9d037016b.thumb.png.8ef12a5e739422e3eab5c258b0598571.png

Edited by Jakatsu