Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

I sent just the views.  I am working on zipping all but the media.  My cab is running beta 8 and the original plugin works fine with the pop up.  the pop up in BB works.  same theme on my laptop on beta 9 throws all those errors.  i even rolled back to beta 8 and get the errors now.

If you rolled back to beta 8 and still get the errors, then most likely the plugin files somehow went missing. That's exactly what the errors are claiming as well. Can you look in your LaunchBox\Plugins folder for the MAME high scores plugin? They could also be found in the Theme's Plugins folder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, the first 10.12 beta is out now with the following: New Feature: A new MAME community high scores system has been built that allows you to share your high scores for MAME arcade g

Beta 14 is out now with the following: Improvement: The GOG import wizard now allows you to individually choose custom platform names for each game, or update them in batch Improvem

I've been hard at work this weekend trying to come up with a solution for dumping all of the default high scores so that we can omit them from the high score submissions (with some really useful help

Posted Images

i thought it odd that rolling back caused errors too, but everything is where it should be.  The hi score plugin is in the plugins folder.  

@Jason CarrI think you can ignore those errors.  I found a difference in the 2 plugin folders between my cab and laptop.  I reinstalled the refried theme fresh and made the needed changes and all is good running on beta 9. even modified the Colorful theme to show my local hi scores.  sorry.  

Edited by ed20910
update on errors
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

i thought it odd that rolling back caused errors too, but everything is where it should be.  The hi score plugin is in the plugins folder.  

Okay, now I'm thoroughly confused. I looked at the XAML that references the High Scores plugin, and none of it is correct. If you download the latest version of the high scores plugin from the forums, nothing matches up to what you have referenced in the XAML. Are there two different plugins or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, now I'm thoroughly confused. I looked at the XAML that references the High Scores plugin, and none of it is correct. If you download the latest version of the high scores plugin from the forums, nothing matches up to what you have referenced in the XAML. Are there two different plugins or something?

Yes, kind of there was the original plugin that enabled a hi score pop up for BB and required editing the xaml files.  Then there was the newer version that added functionality to LB.  I see the local score option in other themes but unless i edit the xaml, the pop doesnt show for the local high scores.  The hi scores introduced in the beta work fine.    

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but there are a couple of games where when I mark them as installed, they keep reverting to not installed (and weirdly one where the reverse happens?) Also, Epic Games Launcher doesn't save credentials, so I have to re-login and go through 2 factor authentication every time I import a new game from that platform.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but there are a couple of games where when I mark them as installed, they keep reverting to not installed (and weirdly one where the reverse happens?) Also, Epic Games Launcher doesn't save credentials, so I have to re-login and go through 2 factor authentication every time I import a new game from that platform.

Any game imported via the Steam, GOG, or Epic Games wizard will auto-update your install state for you.

Epic Games Launcher DOES save your credentials but the token given isn't a lifetime token, if not refreshed within a certain time window it expires and requires your login again. I believe that window is 24 hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Also, Epic Games Launcher doesn't save credentials, so I have to re-login and go through 2 factor authentication every time I import a new game from that platform.

 

14 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Epic Games Launcher DOES save your credentials but the token given isn't a lifetime token, if not refreshed within a certain time window it expires and requires your login again. I believe that window is 24 hours.

This security is left up to Epic. We will not be storing your Epic credentials in LaunchBox (dumb idea security-wise), so that's the best we can do here.

20 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but there are a couple of games where when I mark them as installed, they keep reverting to not installed (and weirdly one where the reverse happens?)

I'm guessing the storefront doesn't think those games are installed for some reason? What storefront is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Subnautica & John Wick Hex through the Epic Games Launcher are staying not-installed, and World in Conflict on Steam is insisting it's installed when it's not.

Edit: I'm going to try re-installing them, I wonder if it has to do with them having been installed prior to LaunchBox supporting this, and I had them manually added before.

Edit 2: No, that didn't work.

Edited by FistyDollars
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ed20910 said:

Yes, kind of there was the original plugin that enabled a hi score pop up for BB and required editing the xaml files.  Then there was the newer version that added functionality to LB.  I see the local score option in other themes but unless i edit the xaml, the pop doesnt show for the local high scores.  The hi scores introduced in the beta work fine.    

 

Okay, I'll look into that plugin and see if I can figure anything out.

1 hour ago, FistyDollars said:

Subnautica & John Wick Hex through the Epic Games Launcher are staying not-installed, and World in Conflict on Steam is insisting it's installed when it's not.

Edit: I'm going to try re-installing them, I wonder if it has to do with them having been installed prior to LaunchBox supporting this, and I had them manually added before.

Edit 2: No, that didn't work.

This will be on @C-Beats to look into.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 10 is out now with the following:

  • Improvement: LaunchBox and Big Box startup times have been significantly reduced (though the first launch of this beta may be longer)

  • Various minor fixes and improvements for the Big Box MAME high scores popup

  • MAME high scores can now be displayed on the pause screens (though they will NOT update while the game is running due to a limitation of MAME)

  • A new badge has been created for MAME high scores

  • A new Arrange By value has been created for MAME high scores

  • Like 5
  • Unusual Gem 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason Carr said:

Okay, I'll look into that plugin and see if I can figure anything out.

Ok, good luck.  Not sure if you need to though, starting to think it was an issue on my end, since no one else has reported any issues.  I reinstalled the theme and made the necessary modifications.  Everything seems to be good now.  Like i mentioned, i even got it working with Colorful without any issues.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ed20910 said:

Ok, good luck.  Not sure if you need to though, starting to think it was an issue on my end, since no one else has reported any issues.  I reinstalled the theme and made the necessary modifications.  Everything seems to be good now.  Like i mentioned, i even got it working with Colorful without any issues.  

Okay, thanks. In that case, I'll trust that it was a one-off issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 11 is out now with the following:

  • Reduced Big Box's startup memory footprint

  • Fixed a minor Big Box memory issue pertaining to going back and forth in and out of the Options screen, then into the platforms screen

     

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great updates. I noticed when pulling up the Hi Scores in BB, the right side of the text is being cut off and there's no way to scroll right (no biggie, it's really just the end part of the date for the score). Is there any way the user can adjust the size of the text? I'm at 4K resolution, not sure if that's part of the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FistyDollars said:

Subnautica & John Wick Hex through the Epic Games Launcher are staying not-installed, and World in Conflict on Steam is insisting it's installed when it's not.

Edit: I'm going to try re-installing them, I wonder if it has to do with them having been installed prior to LaunchBox supporting this, and I had them manually added before.

Edit 2: No, that didn't work.

Sending you PM to see if we can't figure out what's going on

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys you are doing a superb job. I dont change BigBox for anything.

Just a request.

If you can find a way to make Launchbox a bit snappier. Until version 8.3 or something (which had tons of less features of course) the artwork display was instant.

Now the scrolling creates this stall which is a bit akward.

God speed guys! Keep up the good work!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wally said:

Guys you are doing a superb job. I dont change BigBox for anything.

Just a request.

If you can find a way to make Launchbox a bit snappier. Until version 8.3 or something (which had tons of less features of course) the artwork display was instant.

Now the scrolling creates this stall which is a bit akward.

God speed guys! Keep up the good work!

 

This could be due to the dynamic box sizing. It was mentioned in prior beta thread. Try turning it off. Under Tools>Options look for Boxes in the Visual section and you will see a check box for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a error come up after exiting a game. The game was Reactor in Arcade if that helps.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.12-beta-11
Type:    System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Site:    Boolean (System.String, System.String, Boolean)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows

   at (String , String , Boolean )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.MameHighScores.ProcessOutput(String romFile, String output, Boolean saveButNoUpload)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass16_0 , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.MameHighScores.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<RunHi2Txt>b__2(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.OnExited()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.RaiseOnExited()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

Recent Log:

   15:42:29 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Fanart - Background\B.C. Kid _ Bonk_s Adventure _ Kyukyoku!! PC Genjin-01.png
   3:42:49 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:42:49 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:42:49 Music.Kill Start
   15:42:49 Music.Kill Finished
   15:42:49 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:42:49 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   3:43:18 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:18 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:43:18 Music.Kill Start
   15:43:18 Music.Kill Finished
   15:43:18 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:43:18 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   15:43:18 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Fanart - Background\Bubbles-01.png
   3:43:19 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:19 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:43:19 Music.Kill Start
   15:43:19 Music.Kill Finished
   15:43:19 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:43:19 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   15:43:19 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Fanart - Background\Cabal-01.png
   3:43:47 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:47 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:43:47 Music.Kill Start
   15:43:47 Music.Kill Finished
   15:43:47 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:43:47 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   15:43:47 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Fanart - Background\Chase H.Q.-01.png
   3:43:49 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:50 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:43:50 PM Begin M3U Check.
   3:43:50 PM RomPath after M3U build: H:\ROMs\Arcade\chasehq.zip
   3:57:27 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:57:27 Music.Kill Start
   15:57:27 Music.Kill Finished
   15:57:27 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:57:27 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   3:58:12 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:58:12 PM Music.Prepare Start
   15:58:12 Music.Kill Start
   15:58:12 Music.Kill Finished
   15:58:12 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   15:58:12 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   3:58:28 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:58:29 PM Music.Pause Start
   3:58:29 PM Begin M3U Check.
   3:58:29 PM RomPath after M3U build: H:\ROMs\Arcade\robocop.zip
   4:06:34 PM Music.Prepare Start
   16:06:34 Music.Kill Start
   16:06:34 Music.Kill Finished
   16:06:34 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   16:06:34 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   4:07:32 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:07:32 PM Music.Prepare Start
   16:07:32 Music.Kill Start
   16:07:32 Music.Kill Finished
   16:07:32 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   16:07:32 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   4:07:37 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:07:37 PM Music.Prepare Start
   16:07:37 Music.Kill Start
   16:07:37 Music.Kill Finished
   16:07:37 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   16:07:37 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   16:07:37 Imageloader successful: C:\Users\Neal\LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Advertisement Flyer - Front\Reactor-01.png
   4:08:49 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:08:50 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:08:50 PM Begin M3U Check.
   4:08:50 PM RomPath after M3U build: H:\ROMs\Arcade\reactor.zip
   4:12:04 PM Exception

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...