Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Tolete

Slow Startup

Recommended Posts

Greetings! 

I have loaded about 50,000 games on my game library. About 34 different consoles. The issue now is that I it takes about 8 to 10 minutes to load Lanuchbox or BigBox. My Game folder is about 5.TB and do not know what should I do to speedup the startup process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Tolete, 8 to 10 minutes of loading time definitely is not normal. Can you give us details on your hardware and the version of Windows that you're running?

Also, come to think of it, if you can zip up and PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder, then I see if the issue is data-related or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings 

I think my slow boot up is related to using virtual windows 10 on Mac Catalina 

This is my system and I got 32tb (RAID0) as a hard drive. I have 4 discrete GPUs 3 Radeon rx 5700 xt and one Radeon pro 5800 

I think the problem was related to the scraper I was using https://www.screenscraper.fr/

This was helpful for getting metadata but since I had about 5.13tb of games and 34 consoles. It was making my boot up time very long. I started scraping from zero and it’s booting up like in 4 seconds. I have added about 3,000 roms but I still need to load the metadata for about 50,000 roms more.

 I hope I will not get this issue when I get done. It could take me about 4 days to get all the metadata.

 

 

614A5088-8D58-417F-8E30-EEF2A1FAB9C7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a many Playlists? this makes Launchbox way slower during BootUp than the real amount of Games in TB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a favorite list with about 40 roms.

all the lists were created by the support from

http://skraper.net

I think the addon from this scrapper is making my launchbox very slow. I will try loading the roms without http://skraper.net 

it could take me about 4 days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tolete said:

Greetings 

I think my slow boot up is related to using virtual windows 10 on Mac Catalina 

This is my system and I got 32tb (RAID0) as a hard drive. I have 4 discrete GPUs 3 Radeon rx 5700 xt and one Radeon pro 5800 

I think the problem was related to the scraper I was using https://www.screenscraper.fr/

This was helpful for getting metadata but since I had about 5.13tb of games and 34 consoles. It was making my boot up time very long. I started scraping from zero and it’s booting up like in 4 seconds. I have added about 3,000 roms but I still need to load the metadata for about 50,000 roms more.

 I hope I will not get this issue when I get done. It could take me about 4 days to get all the metadata.

 

 

614A5088-8D58-417F-8E30-EEF2A1FAB9C7.png

Well, that's certainly not a common setup, but we still should be able to figure out what's causing it. How are you scraping screenscraper.fr? Are you using a separate utility? It's possible that that utility isn't working correctly.

I still need a copy of your data for testing:

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Also, come to think of it, if you can zip up and PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder, then I see if the issue is data-related or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tolete said:

I have a favorite list with about 40 roms.

all the lists were created by the support from

http://skraper.net

I think the addon from this scrapper is making my launchbox very slow. I will try loading the roms without http://skraper.net 

it could take me about 4 days 

Oic. Can you link me to the specific addon you're referring to? Also, send me your data so I can verify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


This website has the information 

https://www.screenscraper.fr
http://skraper.net

I don’t know what data you would like see or file. My launchbox folder is too big (+5tb) and I don’t know how to send you a file report. I’m not getting any errors but a very slow boot up

 

 

 

I have a favorite list with about 40 roms.

all the lists were created by the support from

http://skraper.net

I think the addon from this scrapper is making my launchbox very slow. I will try loading the roms without http://skraper.net 

it could take me about 4 days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skraper to my knowledge does not have any plugin for LaunchBox, they have the Skraper client and I believe they attempt to create a platform.xml based off what you scrape. If you are using the XML they build instead of letting LaunchBox do it, that may be  causing some issues. Jason is asking for the files in your Data folder, those would have the information either of us needs to diagnose if that is the cause of your issue or not.

Also unless you have unlocked several cores via Skraper and it's client it is going to take you far longer than 4 days as they limit daily bandwidth and running single core isn't very fast. Also would be wary as the Skraper client downloads a lot of bad images that will typically need cleaning out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, after updating to 10.11, "populating games" phase takes forever (over 5 minutes). same with 10.12 beta.

I tried reinstalling 10.10, and works like a charm.

The problem is that, during startup, I noticed that 10.11 takes 100% resources from H: drive (the one where i put the roms), like if it was checking the rom files, where 10.10 doesn't

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I think we've found the culprit here. Please update to version 10.12-beta-6 and let us know if it resolves the issue for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ever you did worked like a charm, started up right away. Thx a Jason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...