LaunchBox Community Forums
Yt4nu4

Making Unified style, playlist videos! Taking Requests!

Posted (edited)

Since my collection is almost complete, i'm going to make some playlist videos for my collections playlists and i want to share with you guys!

I've made a default preset, the others videos that i will make will follow +/- the same desing

The focus is to make videos that match with the platform videos on the Unified theme 
All the videos will be on my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_x9844QOAcAoD34mYargw 
But i also will be updating this post with the videos

Request By @Charco

• TurboGrafx Mini
  • Pc Engine Mini
  • Sega Genesis Beat'em up

Requested by @BluSonik

•  Amiga
  •  Amstrad
  •  Atari
  •  Bandai
  •  Commadore
  •  Microsoft
  •  NEC
  •  Nintendo
  •  Panasonic
  •  Philips
  •  SEGA
  •  Sharp
  •  Sinclair
  •  SNK
  •  Sony

And i'm also taking requests, ask away!

Edited by Yt4nu4
Updating
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey @Yt4nu4 😃

just wondered if your still taking requests? if so is there any chance you can make ones for different company's, I split all my systems into company's as its easier to navigate...I've listed some of the main ones below

•  Amiga
  •  Amstrad
  •  Atari
  •  Bandai
  •  Commadore
  •  Microsoft
  •  NEC
  •  Nintendo
  •  Panasonic
  •  Philips
  •  SEGA
  •  Sharp
  •  Sinclair
  •  SNK
  •  Sony
  •  Other (for those one off Systems that aren't worth making a specific company Video for)

Posted (edited)

@BluSonik Uploading the first one right now!

Edit: got some trouble with the rendering and took more time than i expected

Edited by Yt4nu4
Updating
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yt4nu4 said:

@BluSonik Uploading the first one right now!

Edit: got some trouble with the rendering and took more time than i expected

i love the artwork you've picked my friend i looks really cool, the only thing i would say is the background you've used for the theme should be for SEGA lol...im sorry to be fussy but that sets off the OCD in me lol 😀

i have a really good one for Nintendo if you want to use it 👍

Nintendo NES (Nintendo Entertainment System).png

Edited by BluSonik

@BluSonik Haha you're right, i ripped the background from the theme i use in launchbox, but i still have the project, just need to render it again, no problem
I'm using random images for the videos, if you want something specific, just let me know!
Before i upload the Sega theme, you can have a look, do you want to change something?image.thumb.png.5af2b96b5b542fe9b6fc7078b0181dbf.png 

Posted (edited)

@Yt4nu4 i would use the original artwork you used for the Nintendo Theme on the SEGA one as it fits perfectly and the logo for SEGA looks a little stretched out, the height is perfect its the width that is stretched too far lol....then its perfect 😀

i do apologise if i sound really picky and critical, my OCD goes crazy with this sort of stuff lol

FYI - Most of the Backgrounds i personally use i got out of the unified theme as its the same ones that were used to make the videos that are on emumovies that another forum member recorded from Hyperspin as they all match perfectly 👍

Edited by BluSonik

@BluSonik No problem on being picky, i'm doing this for everyone to have good videos, i don't care if i have to redo it, and also the videos are pretty easy to do, so not much to do, the only thing that take some time is the rendering
So, i'll keep the same background as the ones used in the unified theme, to match the playlists background :)

• Like 1

Here are some of my ones you can use 😁 I can get other ones if you need them i will have to have a dig around 👍

Commadore.png

Atari.png

Bandai.png

Sinclair.png

SNK.png

SONY.png

6 minutes ago, Yt4nu4 said:

@BluSonik No problem on being picky, i'm doing this for everyone to have good videos, i don't care if i have to redo it, and also the videos are pretty easy to do, so not much to do, the only thing that take some time is the rendering
So, i'll keep the same background as the ones used in the unified theme, to match the playlists background :)

Nice one mate 👍 im happy to help with any artwork if you need any or just a friendly opinion to help you get them how you want 😁

Hey @Yt4nu4 the revised versions look perfect, nice job 👍

also what program do you use to make these themes?? id like to look into doing something like this myself at some point

@BluSonik Thanks! I was woried that i didn't reduced Sega logo enough haha!
I'm using Sony Vegas 17, it's definitelly overkill to use such a complicated program to make so simple videos, but is the only editing software that i know how to (barely) use and i already made the presets so now its way easier to make videos
The only problem is that my Sony Vegas is cracked, so it don't work 100% of the time, crashes and constants glitches when rendering, so, not ideal...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Yt4nu4 do you have a .png image of the border that you use around the video clip? I would like to give this a go.

i dont have sony vegas but i have another video editor, it will most likely turn out 💩 but you never know unless you try 😁

Edited by BluSonik

@BluSonik The video borders i get from the unified theme LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Redux\Images\Theme\VideoBorder
But if you can't find it i can upload it to you

1 minute ago, Yt4nu4 said:

@BluSonik The video borders i get from the unified theme LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Redux\Images\Theme\VideoBorder
But if you can't find it i can upload it to you

Thats cool, i can lay my hands on those easy enough, ill download that tonight and give this a go...wish me luck lol 😂🤣

@BluSonik This is looking pretty good! What program are you using?
The video is done, i would only do little tweaks for preference reasons
When i was doing the preset for the videos, i got my reference video and tried to replicate every detail, the size of the center box, the animation speed, even the duration...
Then once the preset is done is alot easier, just throw the art you want and the video is done!

@Yt4nu4im using a free program called shotcut, its not a bad little program for free. Ive used it before for very minor editing but i sat down last night for an hour or so and had a play with a few more settings and thats what i managed to come up with 😁

I need to take a look at the speed of the animations and the sizes of the images for a start and then adjust the duration...

i used your videos as a visual reference but now i know i can actually get my idea into the program and make a video i will take your advice and let my OCD go wild lol 😂

ill take another go at it later and ill post an updated version for your opinion 👍

Looking perfect!
If i would change anything, i would make the logo come out from the top of the screen, in the video there is a gap between the logo coming on screen and the video border, other than that it is perfect!
The arts and the video are kinda of each person preferences i would only sugest for you to save every project, if you someday find a better fitting art or video you can easilly change it way and render way faster
Congrats! 😀

Thanks@Yt4nu4 😁👍

Im glad you spotted that with the logo as i had the same issue with the images when trying to learn how to do the slide in effect, thats an easy fix so ill do that asap

I had the same idea when it comes to saving the project, i must have changed the artwork 3 or 4 times and no doubt ill change it again lol 😂

Thanks for the tips with this, never thought i could pull it off to bs honest, cant wait to get this fixed and finish it up 😁

It's looking amazing! Where do you get this intro? For the Mp3 part it is due to preference, i would prefer the video audio because if you come to think, whats is a theme song that's represent Sony for example? Not all publishers/Developers have a memorable theme song, Nintendo, Sega, and maybe one or two more have a decent soundtrack for using in the video but i don't think every video would have a memorable mp3 to put instead of the video audio.
Today i will be making more videos, but i do love the ideia of the intro, maybe i'll try it by myself haha

• Like 1