LaunchBox Community Forums

Light gun setup for House of the dead 2 pc /Demulshooter

clarkus

Hello everyone. 

I'm trying to set up House of the dead 2 PC with demulshooter/ two aimtrak light guns. I have no issues setting up demulshooter on model 2 through launchbox. (House of the dead plays great)From demulshooters website I have demulshooter run with this command "DemulShooter.exe -target=windows-rom=hod2pc" as admin

I've set this to run before the game starts. 

Only one gun will show. No trigger or second gun. 

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you 

Edited by clarkus

The renovation took much less time than estimated :)

The way I have it working is by using the hotd2.zip from a mame romset emulated in Demul (for sega naomi). No troubleshooter or demulshooter types of program are running in the background, and no special settings as far as i know.. :)

Edited by proghodet

So Demul (sega dreamcast emulator) can run a rom from mame? Do you have instructions on how to do this? 

I have a rom of hotd2 from my mame .207 set. I just need to install Demul (never installed this emulator) and load hotd2 and it will auto detect both Aimtrack light guns? (no config in demul)

Thank you 

Edited by clarkus

10 minutes ago, clarkus said:

So Demul (sega dreamcast emulator) can run a rom from mame? Do you have instructions on how to do this? 

I have a rom of hotd2 from my mame .207 set. I just need to install Demul (never installed this emulator) and load hotd2 and it will auto detect both Aimtrack light guns? (no config in demul)

Thank you 

In Demuls path setting point Demul to the folder where you have the roms and make sure you have the correct bios files. When you add those games to Launchbox you need to set up a separate Demul for arcade games. You cannot use the same set-up in Launchbox that runs Dreamcast. Reason is there are some different check boxes for the arcade games needed for Demul that Dreamcast does not need.

Thank you guys soooo much. It worked. I have two more questions. 

1) How to setup two light guns. (they both recognize but shot with one target.)

2) How to get launchbox to load the game directly. It will only load the demul program and thats it. I have to load the game through demul (file , play naomi roms, hotd2) 

Thank you 

21 minutes ago, clarkus said:

Thank you guys soooo much. It worked. I have two more questions. 

1) How to setup two light guns. (they both recognize but shot with one target.)

2) How to get launchbox to load the game directly. It will only load the demul program and thats it. I have to load the game through demul (file , play naomi roms, hotd2) 

Thank you 

Make sure in the Associated platform you have the platform name if you imported the games under their own platform and the correct command line for each system.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 6.17.31 PM.png

I was able to get demulshooter for the second gun to work. Thank you guys so much. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this damn game to work. I have the first one in sega model 2, the second on demul, the 3 on windows, and the 4 on teknoparrot. Just need to find a way to get two player on 3 and 4. Almost there!!! 

Thanks again. 

OT, I trying to have your same stuff working (TOTD2 with 2 aimtrak), I got everything working with demulshooter, the only problem I have is launchbox stopped hide the mouse cursor and it is really annoying with a lightgun game. Actually this happen with every game I used in demul, so I think is not related to lightguns, do you have the same problem? if now which version of LB are you using?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2020 at 6:01 PM, DJRobbyD said:

I'm have the same problem of both guns working but shooting both sides at once. How did you fix that?

Did you ever get around fixing this mate?

2nd player trigger shoots 1 players gun as well with mine. Hotd 3 is what I've been trying to set up. Both guns work perfectly except for that problem. The 2nd aimtrak shoots, the first and second player shoot the target at the same time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 3:41 AM, teeceds said:

Did you ever get around fixing this mate?

2nd player trigger shoots 1 players gun as well with mine. Hotd 3 is what I've been trying to set up. Both guns work perfectly except for that problem. The 2nd aimtrak shoots, the first and second player shoot the target at the same time.

I am having the same issue, did you ever find a way to fix this or find what was wrong?