Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, viking said:

 

For the theme color codes, I would have to find an easier way to share them.
If I have to update the whole theme with every new video, I'm never going to get it!
Any suggestions?

The color codes are all in one file, aren't they? You could just update that one file and upload it separately. Or even just post the lines that need to be added and it can be done manually between updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@clockw3rk I upload un little .zip file on main theme download page, with color code up to date with last video upload.

Tell me if it's help !

21 minutes ago, TVsIan13 said:

The color codes are all in one file, aren't they? You could just update that one file and upload it separately. Or even just post the lines that need to be added and it can be done manually between updates.

Yes, it's easy, but not for inside BigBox theme download ...  =/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2021 at 11:46 AM, viking said:

@clockw3rk I upload un little .zip file on main theme download page, with color code up to date with last video upload.

Tell me if it's help !

Yes, it's easy, but not for inside BigBox theme download ...  =/

Thanks so much for this. Working as intended. 

Edited by clockw3rk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, viking said:

@OdinsPlayground : Nope, sorry. But you can used Colorful one and change background color ?

I was thinking about consoles that haven't been covered by the Colorful theme. For example taking the Console / Machine, rescale and position it, add a stack of games or accessories, redo the shadow, change the background etc to fit colorful. Was just thinking of it as an easy entry-point to cover more of the consoles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decided to start with FM Towns Marty. Low res preview attached, 15 first sec as a quick export. Gonna add some games / accessories also, most likely finish it over the weekend. Just went through the process to make sure everything is clear.  Considering removing the slow part of the boot up intro, just keeping the logo. Originally wanted to do PC-98 and PC-88... but so hard to find any high quality photos to base it on. That's originally why I asked for the other video resource. 

Edited by OdinsPlayground
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there :)

I just started working on the Platforms I am still missing as I have some more spare time atm. I came up with this one for ScummVM Platform. I really like it, regarding the fact that this is just my second day in exploring 3d software (i didnt model the pc obviously :D)

I Just have a few questions regarding the monitor / reflection layer / shadow layer. Maybe youcould give me some advise here @viking or @OdinsPlayground.. Is this done in the 3d software or just post work in photoshop? A hint or two would be nice. Next step will then be After Effects.

Tell me what you think :)

scummvm5bjyr.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, modjoo said:

Hey there :)

I just started working on the Platforms I am still missing as I have some more spare time atm. I came up with this one for ScummVM Platform. I really like it, regarding the fact that this is just my second day in exploring 3d software (i didnt model the pc obviously :D)

I Just have a few questions regarding the monitor / reflection layer / shadow layer. Maybe youcould give me some advise here @viking or @OdinsPlayground.. Is this done in the 3d software or just post work in photoshop? A hint or two would be nice. Next step will then be After Effects.

Tell me what you think :)

scummvm5bjyr.png

Looking good! Did you do the PC and boxes in 3D? I would recommend boosting the saturation / brightness / contrast a bit for the boxes as they look a bit dull.

As for the monitor reflection and texture, I would highly recommend taking the layer from one of Vikings original files, and just re-position + mask it to fit your new computer. For example using the MS-DOS resource files. There you will find both reflection and scanlines to apply, and you could take them straight out of the PSD or AE file. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thank you ? 

Yeah, I modeled them in 3D. Yes you are right about the Contrast. I Already did that and it looks way better now.

Alright so this is all Photoshop Postwork. I Thought about using the existing ones from the resources too but then I thought maybe some reflections come from the 3D light source and there is a way to render this semi transparent and import it as PNG to photoshop. I'll give it a go. I never worked with such types of layers or in general with After Effects. Let's how far i will come :D

Edited by modjoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well. It worked out pretty smooth I have to say. Here is ScummVM Platform Video Mk.1 :D  The Platform Preview Video from Emumovies is pretty bad.. So I think I will create one on my own some time in the future. But for now this one should be good enough. 

EDIT: I wasn't completely satisfied with my first Video because of the Background Color (there are already lots of blueish Videos) and the Preview Video from Emumovies and a few other things. So i created a new one with orange color, fitting the scummvm green/orange logo style and a new preview Video. And i also added a few Lucasfilm Goodies ;) 

Color Code is: #e57c15

@viking do you need the project files? Which resolutions shall i encode apart from 4k?

Edit 2: Added black borders to the Screen to enhance overall appearance

Edit 3: Check latest post for a little less bright orange version.. and an alternative green version..

 

 

 

Edited by modjoo
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2021 at 11:08 PM, modjoo said:

Well. It worked out pretty smooth I have to say. Here is ScummVM Platform Video Mk.1 :D  The Platform Preview Video from Emumovies is pretty bad.. So I think I will create one on my own some time in the future. But for now this one should be good enough. 

EDIT: I wasn't completely satisfied with my first Video because of the Background Color (there are already lots of blueish Videos) and the Preview Video from Emumovies and a few other things. So i created a new one with orange color, fitting the scummvm green/orange logo style and a new preview Video. And i also added a few Lucasfilm Goodies ;) 

Color Code is: #e57c15

@viking do you need the project files? Which resolutions shall i encode apart from 4k?

 

 

Good job! 

If you update it in the future, my only comment would be regarding the reflection on the screen, as the new one is lacking the contact / drop shadow on the screen itself, where the edges meet. You had this on the previous sketch you posted, which added a bit more depth and realism to the reflection itself. I've added screenshot to show you what I'm referring to. Consider this just a nitpick.

Without_ContactShadow.jpg

With_ContactShadow.jpg

Edited by OdinsPlayground
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OdinsPlayground said:

Good job! 

If you update it in the future, my only comment would be regarding the reflection on the screen, as the new one is lacking the contact / drop shadow on the screen itself, where the edges meet. You had this on the previous sketch you posted, which added a bit more depth and realism to the reflection itself. I've added screenshot to show you what I'm referring to. Consider this just a nitpick.

Hey, thank you! :)

You are right. It would look better if there would be a little more spacing. I'll look into this the next days :)

Edited by modjoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Niiiice !!!
Good job !  

Yes, in 3D, postproduction makes the difference.
Your visual is very good. I only have a few remarks:
- The mouse scale. She's way too big, isn't she?
- The color of the orange background is too much, maybe a little less saturated?

If I had the time, I would have done ALL the platforms in 3D! ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...