LaunchBox Community Forums
GainfulMonkey30

Will streaming videos from YouTube ever become a feature?

its a lot more practical and convenient to stream videos from youtube as opposed to downloading them. VLC also allows youtube playback so I'm pretty confused as to why its not a feature. XBMC manages pulling trailers fine. Will this type of functionality ever be implemented in launchbox?

Posted (edited)

Sounds like a decent feature.  The downside is that if you're streaming someone else's content you have no guarantee it'll still be up tomorrow.  Let alone any guarantee of quality or guarantee someone hasn't substituted the video since you added your content - no one wants to see grandma's titties coming up before they play PacMan.

Edited by Pixelpiper

Posted (edited)

My experience with XBMC movie trailers was quite good. I know that emulation videos are a different ballpark but it could be worth a try at least as a secondary source. Also I found pretty good success by searching the name of the game along with no commentary which netted me pure gameplay.

Edited by GainfulMonkey30