LaunchBox Community Forums

I spoke to @Mr.Laor, the poster of this thread above. He assured me no one was working on this. If any coder is working on this in the hope of getting paid, let me know and i'll happily remove this.

Download this: LB Custom Badge.zip

Extract it anywhere. 

Open "LB_Custom_Badge.exe".

Fill in the fields and press compile.

After you get the "compile complete" message box. Look in the same folder as "LB_Custom_Badge.exe" for a .dll file. Move that .dll into Launchbox/Plugins and restart launchbox and enable the badge.

I made this app to give myself a break from other stuff and to see if I could do it. It doesn't look pretty, it just does a job. That being said I will fix any bugs but im not looking to give anymore time adding stuff to this. What you see is what you get. 

Some examples on how to use this: 

Lets say you want a badge to display for the games that have a custom field named "My Opinion" and the value is "Poo":

Capture.thumb.PNG.48c13b36a896d96f1466ad3892ea202e.PNGBadge Name: This is the name that is displayed in LB:

Untitled.thumb.png.93f5ff66dbd53bbef7b6e75953e2c9e2.pngUnique Id: Give your badge a unique Id.

Image: The badge image (displayed in the red circle above). Point the path to a png or jpg. (if you press compile and you get the "compile complete" message but no dll, 1 reason could be that the image isnt a valid png or jpg, As an example dont rename a .webp to .png and try to compile, it wont work).

Index: needs to be a number. Im not entirely sure what this is for but I guess if you have multiple badges enabled, this field is what position to display the badge at?.

Badge Type: In this case we want custom field. Other choices are Game, Platform (the games platform) and Emulator (the games default emulator).

Name: The name of your custom field as it appears in LB.

Matching type: (I suck at explaining things) In this case we want a badge to display for our "My Opinion" custom field, where the Value "Equals" Poo. Matching is case sensitive. (Maybe someone else can jump in and explain this better than me 😜)

Value: Your custom fields value as it appears in LB.

Another example:

Lets say you want to display a badge for every game that was released between 1700 and 1800 (18th century)

Capture.thumb.PNG.cc3749dff42b153421b48d0e631ed30b.PNGSo you would want to select "Game" as your badge type.

The property is the games "ReleaseDate"

and the value: You want the games release date to fall between the 31st of December 1699 (start date) and the 1st of January 1800 (end date).

1 more example.

You want to display a badge for every game that uses retroarch as its default emulator.

Capture.thumb.PNG.e4cac304d90c25d3871a58680d9d3a5a.PNGYou want the "Emulator" => "ApplicationPath" => to "EndWith" => "retroarch.exe". (Again the value is case sensitive, so if your retroarch's .exe file is named "Retroarch.exe" it wont match).

• Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 2