Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

11.0-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

I always get that error. Changing type to two trailers etc.  gave me that error and the existing videos disappeared. Just look. Also, the side bar. It displays only one video. I have a few attached to a game, but only displays one, and I do not how to change it to other video etc. Well, I thought we could choose what appears in the side bar?1675681520_Zrzutekranu(492).thumb.png.113b0f0669e59b7a9f738cf50ce5ee6d.png

Zrzut ekranu (491).png

Yes, every time I change type of video, it gives me that same error.

Do you also plan to add some control over the videos in the side bar? Maybe some switch/arrow/button to browse them through in the sidebar or something similar? I am going to record a lot, so it would be great to have any option to browse the videos in the sidebar etc.

BTW, this update for me is huge! Just excellent :)

Edited by Pixel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the new edit game interface, especially the enlarged images section. Rather than having to click through all the images however (with no idea what they will all be until you've done so), it would be great to have a list down the side of all the images, so you can see at a glance what's there and so that you could directly select and edit the one you were looking for.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 10:09 AM, Chris Kant said:

is there a chance to get two or three different types of Game Detail Edit Screens? depending on the DPI and resolution settings to make advance of higher resolution on a working screen? I am usually setting things up on a 4K screen with 100% DPI - and I like having most of the things on one screen at once. it is just an idea.

Unfortunately I think that would be way too much extra effort for an extra click or two.

@Pixel The game details side bar will show the most prioritized video available for that game, according to the video priority settings. We can probably add functionality to allow viewing more than one video in the game details side bar, but it probably won't make it into this release.

Per that error, are you getting that error when hitting the OK button? We haven't been able to replicate it as of yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got that video error changing from recording to video snap, only happened once from around 10 or so videos, and it deleted the video.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I appear to be having some pretty big issues since updating to the latest beta. Basically nothing seems to want to save.

When I first start importing items it gets stuck on updating from games db. Had it running for a few hours yesterday, never passed that part. Actually had to force close LB to exit it. Among playing around a bit, I tried to update the metadata from the game ui, it got stuck at the end but still exited it and seemed to update. Now when I import anything, it gets stuck on saving and never passes it.

I also then noticed that nothing seems to save to the db. I rearranged a bunch of categories, changed a few games etc. but nothing saved. Once I restart it just looks exactly the same as before I updated LB. The logs and everything appear to be fine.

Since obviously these are pretty big issues I decided to just go back to stable until the next beta. Hopefully once I go back it is back to normal and was caused by the beta and not something else. Just wanted to point out the issues here first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

 

@Pixel The game details side bar will show the most prioritized video available for that game, according to the video priority settings. We can probably add functionality to allow viewing more than one video in the game details side bar, but iprobably won't make it into this release.

Per that error, are you getting that error when hitting the OK button? We haven't been able to replicate it as of yet.

I figured that out. Thanks.

I cannot even hit the OK button or anything. There is just a "freeze". When I change the type of video, even when I hover the "OK" button it is not "highlighted" as normally happens. So it becomes "freezed" totally. After the error appears, I can continue to click buttons, and they are highlighted when I hover the cursor over them etc.

Edited by Pixel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Rlad said:

I got that video error changing from recording to video snap, only happened once from around 10 or so videos, and it deleted the video.

 

26 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I figured that out. Thanks.

I cannot even hit the OK button or anything. There is just a "freeze". When I change the type of video, even when I hover the "OK" button is it not "highlighted" as normally happens. So it becomes "freezed" totally. After the error appears, I can continue to click buttons, and they are highlighted when I hover the cursor over them etc.

Is the error happening immediately after you change the drop down, before you even hit OK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Retro_Rage said:

So I appear to be having some pretty big issues since updating to the latest beta. Basically nothing seems to want to save.

When I first start importing items it gets stuck on updating from games db. Had it running for a few hours yesterday, never passed that part. Actually had to force close LB to exit it. Among playing around a bit, I tried to update the metadata from the game ui, it got stuck at the end but still exited it and seemed to update. Now when I import anything, it gets stuck on saving and never passes it.

I also then noticed that nothing seems to save to the db. I rearranged a bunch of categories, changed a few games etc. but nothing saved. Once I restart it just looks exactly the same as before I updated LB. The logs and everything appear to be fine.

Since obviously these are pretty big issues I decided to just go back to stable until the next beta. Hopefully once I go back it is back to normal and was caused by the beta and not something else. Just wanted to point out the issues here first.

It's hard to say for certain, but these issues don't sound like anything that's related to the beta version. Rather, they're more likely data issues, or just issues from not waiting long enough for things to save. If it gets stuck updating from the games database, that's a connection issue (or I suppose possibly a server issue, but I'm not aware of any server issues recently).

When you talk about it getting stuck on saving, most often this means it's just taking a long time. This can be caused by killing the app prematurely. The app saves data during the exit process, which continues after the window closes. So if you kill the app during that process, then things won't save properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

 

Is the error happening immediately after you change the drop down, before you even hit OK?

Yes, immediately  freezes, and I cannot click anything. But after the error appears, I can keep clicking and so on... it takes some time before the error appears etc.

And I am sorry. I know it is so hard for you to figure that out.

I do appreciate your hard work. I do realize it is a hard work.

 

Edited by Pixel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing. I checked this again now. The error stopped appearing now. Yes, I relaunched LB, the system etc. and it suddenly stopped appearing, so for now please do not bother with that error.

I just report every error, But this one stopped appearing for some reason :) But it doesn't mean it won't come back etc.

Edited by Pixel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

  • New Feature: You can now take screenshots that will automatically be associated with your games; see Tools > Options > Screen Capture in LaunchBox or under Controller Mappings or Keyboard Automation in Big Box

  • New Feature: A new IGameConfiguringPlugin interface has been added that will allow plugin developers to tell when a game's configuration application is being launched, has launched, or has closed, just like IGameLaunchingPlugin

  • Added drag and drop to the new game add/edit dialog for videos and images

  • Escape now works with the new game add/edit dialog

  • Added a tutorial video link for the new OBS Studio integration (in the LaunchBox options)

  • Various other minor fixes/improvements for the new game add/edit dialog

  • Like 11
  • Unusual Gem 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It's hard to say for certain, but these issues don't sound like anything that's related to the beta version. Rather, they're more likely data issues, or just issues from not waiting long enough for things to save. If it gets stuck updating from the games database, that's a connection issue (or I suppose possibly a server issue, but I'm not aware of any server issues recently).

When you talk about it getting stuck on saving, most often this means it's just taking a long time. This can be caused by killing the app prematurely. The app saves data during the exit process, which continues after the window closes. So if you kill the app during that process, then things won't save properly.

Thanks. Yea I just realized that it wasn't caused by the beta, just seemed to ironically start about the same time that I updated so quickly blamed that lol. When I downgraded to stable, the issues still persist. I think at this point Ill just let it run on updating overnight and see if it eventually finishes. I know that I do not have any internet issues as everything else seems to be working great. I really hope it does as I have hundreds of systems emulated now and really don't want to hose my hole setup. Do you have any suggestions as to anything that could prevent it from updating the games db?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Retro_Rage said:

Thanks. Yea I just realized that it wasn't caused by the beta, just seemed to ironically start about the same time that I updated so quickly blamed that lol. When I downgraded to stable, the issues still persist. I think at this point Ill just let it run on updating overnight and see if it eventually finishes. I know that I do not have any internet issues as everything else seems to be working great. I really hope it does as I have hundreds of systems emulated now and really don't want to hose my hole setup. Do you have any suggestions as to anything that could prevent it from updating the games db?

No, other than weird Internet hiccups. So I would say any issues there are likely to go away. If they don't, let me know.

If you continue to have the other issues you've been having, it may be best to restore from a recent working backup. LaunchBox automatically creates data backups of all your data and you can easily restore one from the Tools menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jason,

first i want to say awesome update to Launchbox. The new edit window and OBS support is very nice. But it seems that the GOG importer is not working correctly. When i try to import from GOG i just get a blank import window. Import from Steam, Epic and so on works like it should. Also my GOG library is set to public. It doesnt work in LB 11.0 beta 2 and 3. It worked in LB 11.0 beta 1.

gog importer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dreamy said:

Hi Jason,

first i want to say awesome update to Launchbox. The new edit window and OBS support is very nice. But it seems that the GOG importer is not working correctly. When i try to import from GOG i just get a blank import window. Import from Steam, Epic and so on works like it should. Also my GOG library is set to public. It doesnt work in LB 11.0 beta 2 and 3. It worked in LB 11.0 beta 1.

gog importer.png

Yeah, confirmed here also.

image.thumb.png.3018f84838ecabf03a4c15c60d108e8a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet since so much has been talked of and I've pretty much skimmed through to see if maybe someone did, but since yesterday my hard drive got ate up like 20gb and I thought it was a glitch or something, but have now found out that pretty much all videos for each game have made 7 copies of themselves within the "Video" folder of each platform when I actually have a folder made outside of the LaunchBox stuff for all that. How can I get this cleaned up easier and not have it not copy and paste itself into the "Video" folder of each Platform 7 times over again? I don't have that kind of hard drive space to be wasting over that.

UPDATE:

I went in manually to remove all the duplicate clips with all the Platforms' "Video" folders and some made duplicates to even 79 of the same clip. I really wish I knew why this is and how to get everything to be directed back to the designated folder I had everything in before. I had some set based on region and everything

UPDATE:

After cleaning the duplicate clips I have found my intro videos for XBOX One, SEGA CD, SEGA NAOMI, and Atari Jaguar have turned into random game clips. Also after cleaning I had about 29gb left of space, but after running BigBox just to scroll through the Platforms, I now have 14.5gb left. I don't know what is the cause of it now, but none of the clips seem to be duplicating anymore. I really hope something gets figured out soon or else I can't play anything on this as it eats away gigs of space for something as little as scrolling. Even cleaning out Cache-BB doesn't do it much justice. So what exactly is eating all this space up @Jason Carr?

Edited by RULLUR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to make it so videos don't import to the launchbox directory now? I have all my videos on an external drive and now they're all taking up so much room on my C drive that I'm out of space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The video capture is a really nice extra feature! Just wondering if anyone knows how to crop videos? Even when I run retroarch in full screen (which isn't the ideal way for most games), I still have large black bars on the left and right on the output video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bundangdon said:

The video capture is a really nice extra feature! Just wondering if anyone knows how to crop videos? Even when I run retroarch in full screen (which isn't the ideal way for most games), I still have large black bars on the left and right on the output video.

See the blue border around the screen here,

851418084_DesktopScreenshot2020_06.26-12_57_48_94.thumb.png.6bc6dd22f2e2cb8f405e48cd35f6c628.pngif you click on the active window it turns green,

845474937_DesktopScreenshot2020_06.26-12_57_55_99.thumb.png.b17e0b8778572a8932be345d27e44db5.pngYou can then hold ALT on your keyboard while dragging the edges with your mouse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RULLUR @Gill Figno

Looking into your reported issues with the video. Did you set up the platform's video folder to be some where else or did you just previously assign the video path to a file in a folder outside of LaunchBox? With the new video types we put in code to utilize the platforms video folder, which the old path did NOT require the video to be in. I am wondering if that is causing some of the potential issues/confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...