Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

11.0-beta-1 Released


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, ZeSystem said:

I have games with separate app ids on Steam that share the same videos. Ever since the change on videos forced renaming, they can no longer share it. They keep changing to their own names, invalidating the rest.

Is there a fix to this?

With new edit window requiring more clicks to do my daily organization jobs and being slower, I'm starting to really hate this whole change.

This is exactly the problem I'm having too as stated above

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, the first 11.0 beta is out now with the following: New Feature: The Clean Up Media process has a new option to scan images for rough matches. This new option can make the clean up

Beta 3 is out now with the following: New Feature: You can now take screenshots that will automatically be associated with your games; see Tools > Options > Screen Capture in LaunchB

Beta 2 is out now with the following: New Feature: OBS Studio integration has been added, which allows you to easily record videos and automatically assign them to your games; take a look

Posted Images

I also realized it disassociated tons of videos that were already associated with the games. I think I know why. Before a game named "Game: The Gaming" would automatically link any videos with "Game The Gaming" by stripping all symbols. This seems to be no longer the case unless I enter the Edit window and press OK on every single game I have with such naming scheme.


The patch note said some multiselection dropdown menu fixed an issue with this new Edit window. As a person that buys and adds about 5 ~ 10 Steam games a week that manually adds covers, personally-edited videos, genres, and images, I have never had an issue with the old Edit window. I don't entirely know why the old menu had to be changed, but if you're going to keep this new WIP Edit window, please take this feedback seriously and stop putting things in all these different tabs and pages.

Sometimes, it's just may be one click too many for it to start becoming inconvenient. Convenience is sometimes what drew people into LaunchBox in the first place.

I know this is beta and building a better foundation for future updates requires an overhaul that may have temporary setbacks. I just hope all these changes and feedback are actually taken care of, for game management in LaunchBox to be as efficient as before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Minor gripe, but I'm noticing when editing the collection and delete a game in any given platform, the focus of which game is selected is completely reset and I'm sent right back to the first entry in the screen.  This is not a huge issue but when editing a lot of games and trying to remember where I was I have to press the respective key and/or scroll through a bunch to get back to where I was.   Is there any way the focus of selected game becomes the one before/after the deleted game and not the very first one in the entire list?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@RULLUR @ZeSystem We'll look into the video issues. That said, we are nearing the official release, and we have no plans to change up the dialog to remove any extra clicks. I'm 100% positive that we're not going to turn anyone away from LaunchBox with a single extra click in the new add/edit dialog. I'm sorry you're displeased, but I want to make it clear that we have no plans of restructuring the dialog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rodww said:

Minor gripe, but I'm noticing when editing the collection and delete a game in any given platform, the focus of which game is selected is completely reset and I'm sent right back to the first entry in the screen.  This is not a huge issue but when editing a lot of games and trying to remember where I was I have to press the respective key and/or scroll through a bunch to get back to where I was.   Is there any way the focus of selected game becomes the one before/after the deleted game and not the very first one in the entire list?

If I recall correctly, this is just a necessity of the dynamic box sizing feature. If you turn off dynamic box sizing, it should work as you're expecting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

If I recall correctly, this is just a necessity of the dynamic box sizing feature. If you turn off dynamic box sizing, it should work as you're expecting.

Oh, that's unfortunate.  I like the dynamic resizing I just don't like how it resets the position....  oh well.    And yes, I just tested that and it worked.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@RULLUR @ZeSystem We'll look into the video issues. That said, we are nearing the official release, and we have no plans to change up the dialog to remove any extra clicks. I'm 100% positive that we're not going to turn anyone away from LaunchBox with a single extra click in the new add/edit dialog. I'm sorry you're displeased, but I want to make it clear that we have no plans of restructuring the dialog.

I figured you would say that. I still voiced my opinion since I do manage games all the time. Hopefully, you'll consider making UI efficient next time if you plan on overhauling or making a new dialog.

Thanks for looking into video issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

This isn't likely a beta issue. Can you create a new thread and mention me? We'll need as much info as possible on the issue in order to help.

You were right. This started happening after the Windows 10 2004 update and I managed to track down the cause. It seems the update enabled a few manually-disabled HID drivers. I no longer have this problem after disabling these drivers again, but if you wish to know what was causing it here it is.

The controllers work perfectly fine in nearly all games, but these drivers by simply being enabled can cause issues like this. It makes the Windows game controller dialog periodically freeze as well, just as LaunchBox's Option dialog did (when it's opened or closed). BigBox seems to also have an issue with a different symptom: it just never launched while running in the background. AVGN Adventure 1 (Steam) game has this issue as well with respawns freezing the game for a few good seconds with troublesome drivers. I heard Corsair keyboard RGB program can trigger this, though I can't confirm it.

I don't know how the rest of C# apps and games do it, but they don't have this issue in anywhere in their program. Maybe it just depends how the controller is pooled through their own implementation. I don't think it's something you should worry about, but if you ever get a report like this, you could direct them to find and disable the troublesome driver (often unsafe) or find an alternative to fixing that driver somehow.

EDIT: I meant a few HID drivers I no longer use. All of the drivers I had to disable were ones I no longer use such as an USB DAC (obviously not a game controller).

Edited by ZeSystem
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

I am, seeing different gameplay videos now. How do I prioritize full screen gameplay videos instead of the themed looking ones with animations floating around the gameplay video?

image.thumb.png.5dec0949465ab7ed5aceb79ed2f46580.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@RULLUR

You can edit the platform (right click and hit edit or go to Tools > Manage Platforms >  Find the the platform and hit edit. Change the video folder to the folder you want the videos saved and they should all save there and not in \\Launchbox\Videos (which is the default value).

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that some applications with application command-line perimeters are not longer launching properly. For example I have DOOM set to launch via DOSbox.exe with the line "J:\GOG Games\DOOM\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" as application path. I load the DOSbox config via the command-line perimeters "-conf "..\dosbox_doom.conf" -conf "..\dosbox_doom_single.conf" -noconsole -c "exit"" and it simply brings up DOSbox.exe when launched and then closes it without loading the game. Some games work and others don't now. Duke Nukem 2, which I have set up in the game with, with identical code save for the name "duke2" in place of "doom" works, but DOOM doesn't. Also, the .ink shortcuts included with GOG, which I copy and paste to make my Launchbox shortcuts are working, but it doesn't work when launched through Launchbox. All of these apps were working on the last version (10.15) of Launchbox as well.

EDIT:

I just restored version 10.15 and those applications are working, so something is up with the new build and application command lines.

Edited by Gill Figno
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@RULLUR

You can edit the platform (right click and hit edit or go to Tools > Manage Platforms >  Find the the platform and hit edit. Change the video folder to the folder you want the videos saved and they should all save there and not in \\Launchbox\Videos (which is the default value).

I tried that option, and was think that was a possibility the other night too when I redid all my Platform Intro Videos and seen that section, but the result was it didn't do anything. All clips still won't play unless copied over to LaunchBox/Videos/...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Found an issue; the date had previously been in the format DD-MM-YYYY, which is the correct format for my part of the world (UK) as well as some others. Now, the date seems to default to MM-DD-YYYY. Could it please be possible to either set the date format to the system settings, or have a toggle within Launchbox? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retrofrogg said:

Found an issue; the date had previously been in the format DD-MM-YYYY, which is the correct format for my part of the world (UK) as well as some others. Now, the date seems to default to MM-DD-YYYY. Could it please be possible to either set the date format to the system settings, or have a toggle within Launchbox? 

Pretty sure its always been in the US format, thats not a change. All the dates in the database are in US format, so thats obviously what shows in Launchbox, i have never seen them show in the UK style.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The dates may have been in US format in the database, but Launchbox had definitely shown them in DD-MM-YYYY format for me before the change to the edit window (I have been going through a big list of games to edit so I noticed the change immediately). Odd regarding your experience since you're in the UK also.

I had assumed that Launchbox had previously simply taken the system settings for date display and applied it to the game edit window. This would seem to be the sensible option either way and can hopefully be taken forward. Hopefully one of the devs can comment. 

Edit: screenshot added as an example.

 

 

sktr01c.velika.jpg

Edited by Retrofrogg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the new feature to search media for rough matches, is there any way to set up how rough the match should be? Even though i must have 1000's (if not 10000's) of images that are mostly identical, it only found a handfull of them.

Even though i can explain practically all of them, for example a change in hue, or a different score in a high score list, or very subtle changes on start screens, i'd really wish it would make matches a bit rougher. I wouldn't mind some false positives as the screens would be mostly identical anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I tried that option, and was think that was a possibility the other night too when I redid all my Platform Intro Videos and seen that section, but the result was it didn't do anything. All clips still won't play unless copied over to LaunchBox/Videos/...

Doesn't play where? Just tested and I'm still able to play the video from the AddEdit and within in the Game Details screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...