LaunchBox Community Forums

Krakerman's Cinematic Project!

Krakerman

Here is where I will be posting any current and future updates regarding my cinematic startup, shutdown and pause screens for LaunchBox/BigBox. 

News:

[Atari 2600] 

• Adventure cinematic startup, shutdown and pause screens.

*Note: I revised these videos and removed any audio to avoid any issues with YouTube.

Edited by Krakerman
  • Like 2
  • Game On 1

4 hours ago, Krakerman said:

News:

[Atari 8-Bit]

• Star Raiders cinematic startup and shutdown screens.

Just wondering if you will ever release these, or are you just showing off your work. I think we get the jist now. Maybe release one with setup guide and others can contribute to the cause also ?

I will post a link soon where you can get my cinematic screens. I mainly started this project for my own needs and found a way to get cinematic fades to work  within LaunchBox. I really would like to set it up via ahk using variables but LaunchBox doesn't currently support passing variables to ahk scripts. So until Jason adds that or anyone has a better method this way works.

Edited by Krakerman

6 hours ago, Mr.Laor said:

Yup, it looks great but I don't really see why there needs to be miltuple daily posts if it isn't coming out anytime soon.

Who said anything about it not coming out anytime soon. Ask and you shall receive. ?

As you can see it not very hard to setup. I am more shocked nobody had already figured that out as VLC has a ton of command lines to control it. Windows media player as well but the issue with using WMP is doesn't have as many to control the player for it to work correctly the way VLC does in LaunchBox.

https://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help

Btw .... I did try playing videos via XAML within the theme but you can play the startup video ok but the shutdown has issues and Jason is already aware of that bug/limitation so I had to figure another way to do it. This is ultimately the preferred method I want to do it within XAML but until there is a fix for that will have to use this method.

Also another feature I requested was when you right click any additional programs will show up  but I want things like this not to show up in the right click so there needs to be an option to select what we want to show in the right click menu. 

Edited by Krakerman