Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Games launch in Retroarch but not LB/BB


Recommended Posts

I've set up a lot of PCs with LB/BB and usually have few issues, but occasionally I run into one where this happens, and I can't figure out why.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling LB, uninstalling and reinstalling RA, but no dice.  The path is pointed to the correct location for RA and my roms, and they launch fine in RA stock.  But when I try to run them in LB, nothing happens.  This is the case with all roms for all consoles.

One oddity I notice is that sometimes LB tries to launch a game with the wrong RA core.  I'm not sure if this is a setting in LB or RA, though.

Edited by Shade
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

have you edited the emulator and made sure the core is matching the core you have downloaded or that the core hasn't updated and changed names slightly?

Dumb question, but where do I set/change the default core for each console?  I just point them to RA when I import to LB, and I only download one core for each console in RA.

Edit: I found it under Associated Platforms, and I think I found the issue: they all say Missing Core File.  How do I change the defaults to a different core?

Edited by Shade
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shade said:

Dumb question, but where do I set/change the default core for each console?  I just point them to RA when I import to LB, and I only download one core for each console in RA.

Tools/manage emulators/retroarch/associated platforms. Launchbox wont magically know which core you want to use, you have to tell it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Tools/manage emulators/retroarch/associated platforms. Launchbox wont magically know which core you want to use, you have to tell it.

Thanks, I actually found it right after I sent the previous reply.

Most of them stated that they are missing the core file, because they are pointed to the wrong cores.  How do I change the default core setting for each console?

Edit: Nevermind, just figured that out too.  I'll fix these and see if that resolved the issue.

Edit 2:  That did the trick!  I guess I just got lucky with the core defaults on other setups.  Thanks a lot!

Edited by Shade
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shade said:

Thanks, I actually found it right after I sent the previous reply.

Most of them stated that they are missing the core file, because they are pointed to the wrong cores.  How do I change the default core setting for each console?

Edit: Nevermind, just figured that out too.  I'll fix these and see if that resolved the issue.

Yup the core name is a dropdown when double clicked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...