LaunchBox Community Forums

Posted (edited)

LV-101

View File

LV-101 is dark, responsive, simple theme. Designed with usability in mind (as far as you can with the tools available). Theme uses custom device and playlist images (download the templates from here). 100 devices are included in this package. If you are missing some, you can use the template to make more (Photoshop needed).

Should work well with 16:10, 16:9, 4:3 and 5:4 ratios. Some of the text fields might have some issues especially the menus (items partially visible). 

Theme was designed to use box art, gameplay screenshot and gameplay video. You can change these with LaunchBox image priorities. There are "loading bars" in the views that tell when additional info will be shown. The timings are made for my personal taste and if you want to tweak these you can use the Community Creator Tool Files. Background videos are streched a little bit to work better with different ratios. This means that vertical videos do look a bit too stretched unfortunately. It was a compromise I just had to make.

For view transitions I recommend the vertical animation, it just feels right with this theme.

Theme contains:

• Platform Wheel 1
  • Text Filters View
  • Text Games View
  • Horizontal Wheel 1 Games View
  • Horizontal Wheel 2 Games View

So not a lot, but I didn't want to make this theme as huge as my previous theme. Less is more, or so they say.

Special thanks to @y2guru for the COMMUNITY Theme Creator tool.

Edited by thimolor
  • Like 2

Excellent theme.

Just a request in case someone can produce extra platform banners (I tried but it is beyond my capabilities):

AdventureVision
NEC SuperGrafX
AmigaCD32
Nintendo SatellaView    
Game.com
Wonderswan Colour
ZX81
BBC
PC 9801
Oric

Commodore Plus 4
MSX 2
Thomspn TO8D

Thank you

2 hours ago, Wally said:

Excellent theme.

Just a request in case someone can produce extra platform banners (I tried but it is beyond my capabilities):

AdventureVision
NEC SuperGrafX
AmigaCD32
Nintendo SatellaView    
Game.com
Wonderswan Colour
ZX81
BBC
PC 9801
Oric

Commodore Plus 4
MSX 2
Thomspn TO8D

Thank you

Just an FYI he did release the files you can use to create additional platforms images. I believe GIMP which is free can open psd files.

4 hours ago, Wally said:

Excellent theme.

AdventureVision
NEC SuperGrafX
AmigaCD32
Nintendo SatellaView    
Game.com
Wonderswan Colour
ZX81
BBC
PC 9801
Oric

Commodore Plus 4
MSX 2
Thomspn TO8D

Thank you

I can make these for you. Amiga CD32 and SuperGrafx should already be in the devices folder... I might have misspelled them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wally said:

Oh, sorry. You are absolutly right. Amiga CD32 and Supergrafx do already exist

Thank you very much

I have updated the theme with the new device images: