Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chef castro

Reproach isn't working

Recommended Posts

hello everyone so I have downloaded launchbox and retroarch place retroarch in my launchbox files and it won't load up. All my games have been downloaded with box art an all. So I open retroarch and there is no emulators inside of the program at all i need any help folks that would be much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is a new install of Retroarch and you have never downloaded any cores (the Retroarch emulator pieces), you are out of luck for a few days. The Libretro/Retroarch servers were hacked a few days ago and the core update/download function is currently offline. Keep checking the Libretro web site for updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

If this is a new install of Retroarch and you have never downloaded any cores (the Retroarch emulator pieces), you are out of luck for a few days. The Libretro/Retroarch servers were hacked a few days ago and the core update/download function is currently offline. Keep checking the Libretro web site for updates.

oh man thank you sir for all the help and i will keep checking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update so retroarch is kinda up and running i downloaded some cords but when I click on a game it won't start up so any help would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chef castro said:

Update so retroarch is kinda up and running i downloaded some cords but when I click on a game it won't start up so any help would be great.

First things it to set up Retroarch and test your controls and make sure the games run inside RA first. This way we can easily tell if it is a LB issue or an RA issue.

Did you test your games directly inside Retroarch?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chef castro said:

So I loaded up a game in retroarch and it works but then when I launch a game in launchbox nothing?

In the edit emulator options in LB. Check your Retroarch setup and in the Associate Platforms tab make sure you have the name of the platform (It must match how the name appears in LB) and the correct core chosen for that platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you i check that and everything file and location is where it supposed to be and nothing i can still open retroarch and play games from inside but can't do it from launchbox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chef castro said:

Thank you i check that and everything file and location is where it supposed to be and nothing i can still open retroarch and play games from inside but can't do it from launchbox 

What platform is it?

Post some pics.

1: Edit your Retroarch in LB and post pic of the Edit Emulator Screen showing A: The "Details" tab. B: The Associated Platforms Tab

2: Right click a game from the platform and choose edit. Show a pic of the "Launching" page and the "Emulation" page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Associated Platforms tabs shows you are missing the core you have chosen. Is that the core you tested the games in Retroarch with? I would look in the Cores folder in your RA folder and confirm the core is showing in that folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I didnt have any games with that cord but I just updated it. I have try to start up a nintendo and super nintendo and nothing. So I looked in RA and the cords are downloaded.....i am so lost and sure it something simple that I am over looking im am very new to all of this and trying to learn as much as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chef castro said:

So I didnt have any games with that cord but I just updated it. I have try to start up a nintendo and super nintendo and nothing. So I looked in RA and the cords are downloaded.....i am so lost and sure it something simple that I am over looking im am very new to all of this and trying to learn as much as I can.

So what core did you originally test the games with inside Retroarch? DId you try selecting that core in LB?

This issue is what I mentioned. LB is not seeing the core you chose in the settings. Try selecting a different core and than changing back. Do you have more than one Retroarch folder and are maybe pointing to the wrong one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No i dont and when i try to update it say already up to date then I go to LB and do what you just told me and it has done nothing but I have read on retroach that there still fixing issues on here so ill have to wait. Thank you so much for all your help it help me to better understand how the program works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey just something that worked for me.. and maybe it can work for you too. Inside launchbox , when you are in the emulator settings, try to select the option " Extract ROM archives before running ".
i had this issue with my neogeo games , retroarch wont open inside the launchbox, so i removed the option that i told you. by the way my roms are zip.
Now is working fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...