LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 11.3 update

Gamer1000

8 minutes ago, Gamer1000 said:

Launchbox 11.3 got released on 8/24. My launchbox is not finding the update. Anybody else having the same problem ? Any Ideas how to get launchbox to update ? Tools/Help check for updates does not find it

Do you have Betas turned on? 11.3 is back in beta to fix some things. 

3 minutes ago, Gamer1000 said:

Launchbox 11.3 got released on 8/24. My launchbox is not finding the update. Anybody else having the same problem ? Any Ideas how to get launchbox to update ? Tools/Help check for updates does not find it

The update was pulled from release to fix some issues with it. It will be re-released possibly tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, bigcletus said:

My Launchbox auto-updated to 11.3 and now when I am exiting games, it crashes half of the time.  How can I revert back to my previous version?

Are you getting any error messages? Can you check the Windows event log to see if there's any error information in there?

You can revert to 11.2 just by installing it over top. Just make sure to install it to the correct folder. The setup should be available in your LaunchBox\Updates folder.

8 minutes ago, goblindriver said:

Unfortunately that didn't work. However, I  did notice that BigBox didn't crash until it received an input. So about half of the time it crashes when it receives the first input after coming back in to focus.

Interesting. What are you using for your controller?

8 minutes ago, goblindriver said:

I use a qanba q4 raf fightstick. I also use xpadder keyboard mapper for a handful of games/systems. I'm beginning to suspect xpadder, but I'm having trouble getting it to crash now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay, please let me know if it keeps happening for you. If it does, and you can do some testing to see if it's related to Xpadder, I'd appreciate it. Just want to make sure we get this figured out and resolved. :)

7 minutes ago, goblindriver said:

I shut down xpadder and Bigbox crashed when it received a keyboard input.

Okay, so it's keyboard inputs and not game controller inputs? Can you try closing down any other apps that you might have running in the background? Are you running any anti-virus or anti-malware software? Do you happen to have a Corsair keyboard or any Corsair peripherals?

its an off brand (Arteck) wireless keyboard trackpad thing. No anti-malware other than Windows Defender. I closed down all other apps and unplugged my controller. There doesn't seem to be a particular application/game or input method that causes it. Around half the time, Bigbox crashes after it receives its first input after coming out of a game. I have to run for the day, but I'll check back in this evening.

1 hour ago, goblindriver said:

its an off brand (Arteck) wireless keyboard trackpad thing. No anti-malware other than Windows Defender. I closed down all other apps and unplugged my controller. There doesn't seem to be a particular application/game or input method that causes it. Around half the time, Bigbox crashes after it receives its first input after coming out of a game. I have to run for the day, but I'll check back in this evening.

Okay, thanks. What Big Box theme are you running?