Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

11.5 Beta Testing

Recommended Posts

Just now, Retro808 said:

Longest has been 35 minutes before I chose to close it manually.

Yeah, obviously something went wrong there. I'll look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, obviously something went wrong there. I'll look into it.

I edited my post and added some details.

This is what I added: I did notice a lot of time changing themes and then later exiting BigBox caused the hang. If I stayed on the same theme and just moved around BigBox or played some games the frequency of the hang was less.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed in the Options a couple missing items789307949_OptionsIssue.thumb.png.7d1ae09533d22487e0a812fc5121b534.pngScreenshot and Background priorities there is a check box but no description

Edited by Krakerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 5:10 PM, Jason Carr said:

Not a bad idea. Can you create a BitBucket ticket for it?

Pretty sure nobody would vote on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Krakerman said:

I noticed in the Options a couple missing items789307949_OptionsIssue.thumb.png.7d1ae09533d22487e0a812fc5121b534.pngScreenshot and Background priorities there is a check box but no description

Do you still have this issue or did you save changes and did it go away? The reason I ask is it would be nice to have your data files if you're still seeing it. That way we can easily track it down. If you're still seeing it, can you zip up and PM me your data folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be running into a bug with 11.6.

When I do a bulk edit to 'Favorite' a batch of games (the last time only 6 titles), LB just hangs.

It doesn't crash, the game box images go transparent as though the bulk edit is in progress, but it doesn't complete. You can still X out of the application. Upon reload, the bulk edit seems to have stuck.

Weirdly it doesn't happen all the time, but it has occurred at least half of the times I have done a bulk edit (Favorite status) since yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an FYI ... I updated to 11.6 but am still having issues with BigBox not closing or exiting properly, which means I have to manually close the program through task manager. This problem began with 11.4, if I remember correctly.

 

And, yes, I am using several themes for my platforms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, krofftsuperstar said:

Just an FYI ... I updated to 11.6 but am still having issues with BigBox not closing or exiting properly, which means I have to manually close the program through task manager. This problem began with 11.4, if I remember correctly.

 

And, yes, I am using several themes for my platforms. 

At some point in the launchbox updates, launchbox had to work through the cache... it takes a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time. Your problem will keep happening until Launchbox can work through your games list. Leave it running for a few days (not kidding if you have a large list). If it's still running after that, then there's an issue. If not, you won't see it happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

At some point in the launchbox updates, launchbox had to work through the cache... it takes a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time. Your problem will keep happening until Launchbox can work through your games list. Leave it running for a few days (not kidding if you have a large list). If it's still running after that, then there's an issue. If not, you won't see it happen again.

That's a great suggestion. Thank you. I'll do that and post the (hopefully positive) results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

At some point in the launchbox updates, launchbox had to work through the cache... it takes a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time. Your problem will keep happening until Launchbox can work through your games list. Leave it running for a few days (not kidding if you have a large list). If it's still running after that, then there's an issue. If not, you won't see it happen again.

Yes, this could possibly be the reason. Though, it doesn't do anything extra on exit, if a bunch of stuff was triggered while it was running, it will wait for it to catch up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am unable to update from 11.5 to 11.6 I get an error message, which I reported twice through the automated channel through BigBox. Though here it is again just in case. ..

Thread abort is not supported on this platform.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.5
Type:    System.PlatformNotSupportedException
Site:    Void Abort()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

   at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Audio.SoundManager.KillDeviceReleaseThread()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.MenuActions.ExitMenuAction.OnEnter()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.UpdatePopupViewModel.Facvp8fsnc(Object  , EventArgs  )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.Eh7MsEsffNL8xgI0Ul(Object , Object , Object )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.bPA1Tep1A()
   at GkbgAUmj5bjioaM4jI.yfhxLEED2(Object , GkbgAUmj5bjioaM4jI )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.pGau8l2Ch(Object  )
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.<>c.<.cctor>b__6_0(QueueUserWorkItemCallback quwi)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunForThreadPoolUnsafe[TState](ExecutionContext executionContext, Action`1 callback, TState& state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Recent Log:

   5:54:10 PM Exception

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

I am unable to update from 11.5 to 11.6 I get an error message, which I reported twice through the automated channel through BigBox. Though here it is again just in case. ..

Thread abort is not supported on this platform.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.5
Type:    System.PlatformNotSupportedException
Site:    Void Abort()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

   at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Audio.SoundManager.KillDeviceReleaseThread()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.MenuActions.ExitMenuAction.OnEnter()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.UpdatePopupViewModel.Facvp8fsnc(Object  , EventArgs  )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.Eh7MsEsffNL8xgI0Ul(Object , Object , Object )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.bPA1Tep1A()
   at GkbgAUmj5bjioaM4jI.yfhxLEED2(Object , GkbgAUmj5bjioaM4jI )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.pGau8l2Ch(Object  )
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.<>c.<.cctor>b__6_0(QueueUserWorkItemCallback quwi)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunForThreadPoolUnsafe[TState](ExecutionContext executionContext, Action`1 callback, TState& state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Recent Log:

   5:54:10 PM Exception

 

What happens if you close launchbox and manually run that installer from the updates folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

What happens if you close launchbox and manually run that installer from the updates folder?

That worked - installed fine manually, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, ItchyRobot said:

I am unable to update from 11.5 to 11.6 I get an error message, which I reported twice through the automated channel through BigBox. Though here it is again just in case. ..

Thread abort is not supported on this platform.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.5
Type:    System.PlatformNotSupportedException
Site:    Void Abort()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

   at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Audio.SoundManager.KillDeviceReleaseThread()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.MenuActions.ExitMenuAction.OnEnter()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.UpdatePopupViewModel.Facvp8fsnc(Object  , EventArgs  )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.Eh7MsEsffNL8xgI0Ul(Object , Object , Object )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.bPA1Tep1A()
   at GkbgAUmj5bjioaM4jI.yfhxLEED2(Object , GkbgAUmj5bjioaM4jI )
   at Unbroken.RushDownloader.pGau8l2Ch(Object  )
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.<>c.<.cctor>b__6_0(QueueUserWorkItemCallback quwi)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunForThreadPoolUnsafe[TState](ExecutionContext executionContext, Action`1 callback, TState& state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Recent Log:

   5:54:10 PM Exception

 

Thanks, we're fixing this for the next beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installing .NET Core 3.1.6 hangs halfway through.  I haven't updated in quite a while, maybe 11.0. And just tried the automatic update. I get through I think it was 2 dialog boxes and it said I needed the latest .net 64 runtime. I put the mouse cursor on the end of the thermometer bar so I could see if it was moving, and it hasn't for the last 30 minutes. Disk activity and CPU is hard to see what is doing what, but there seems to be no disk activity and minimal CPU usage. Has anyone else seen this?

UPDATE: I tried it several times and then tried by just running the installer for this version out of the updates folder and it worked

Edited by FlightRisk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

Installing .NET Core 3.1.6 hangs halfway through.  I haven't updated in quite a while, maybe 11.0. And just tried the automatic update. I get through I think it was 2 dialog boxes and it said I needed the latest .net 64 runtime. I put the mouse cursor on the end of the thermometer bar so I could see if it was moving, and it hasn't for the last 30 minutes. Disk activity and CPU is hard to see what is doing what, but there seems to be no disk activity and minimal CPU usage. Has anyone else seen this?

UPDATE: I tried it several times and then tried by just running the installer for this version out of the updates folder and it worked

Interesting, I haven't seen this elsewhere. It's certainly odd that a manual install worked, while an automatic install did not. Did you happen to reboot in between attempts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...