LaunchBox Community Forums
neosean99

BigBox Graphical Glitching v11.3-11.6 *Solved - Page 3*

Also, I will be changing the video I uploaded to a different privacy setting so new launchbox users arent concerned with issues when searching Launchbox vids. I recommend this app to anyone that would be interested, and don't want to spread poor vibes. Easily the best tool for any of us gamers... New or old! ūüėĀ

On 9/17/2020 at 7:42 PM, C-Beats said:

Been looking around and I found there is a known issue with a certain DLL that is used by several third party software that is known to cause issue with WPF rendering in Net Core applications. Do any of you have Sonic Suite installed? Or if you open up Task Manager do you see a "NahimicOSD" listed in Processes or Services tab? Realtek also utilizes this DLL.

I reinstalled windows to try fix this problem and it was fine when i first installed working perfectly, and low and behold it came back. Prior to windows I did have sonic suite installed and not this time.  This time however I had Sonic Studio. Once I closed it however I had Zero issues. That's not really a fix however as i use the app to monitor my computer temperatures and fan speeds.  Is this going to be patched in future updates? 

BTW Sonic Studio does not use the process listed in this thread. Its not listed for me and probably as I dont have Sonic Suite installed this time (funnily enough I couldnt install it as my system thinks its installed and just reboots my computer everytime i try to install it) 

Edited by Vhero

Thank you for your guys help. I figured out how to disable the service and I can confirm that everything on 11.6 is back to normal. Thank you all for your hard work

Glad to hear that we've got this solved for at least most of you guys. Huge thanks to @C-Beats for finding the solution on the web, and thanks for bearing with us.

On 9/19/2020 at 4:54 PM, Vhero said:

I reinstalled windows to try fix this problem and it was fine when i first installed working perfectly, and low and behold it came back. Prior to windows I did have sonic suite installed and not this time.  This time however I had Sonic Studio. Once I closed it however I had Zero issues. That's not really a fix however as i use the app to monitor my computer temperatures and fan speeds.  Is this going to be patched in future updates?

BTW Sonic Studio does not use the process listed in this thread. Its not listed for me and probably as I dont have Sonic Suite installed this time (funnily enough I couldnt install it as my system thinks its installed and just reboots my computer everytime i try to install it) 

This is unfortunate, but no, we cannot "patch" or fix this issue for future updates, as it's not our issue. Please see here:

https://github.com/dotnet/wpf/issues/2493

Keep in mind that even Microsoft Office is affected by this issue, from what I've read. It's an issue with Sonic Studio being poorly developed and improperly interfering with .NET Core. Microsoft's "solution", per the link above is to reach out to these companies and report their issues to them, apparently.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Glad to hear that we've got this solved for at least most of you guys. Huge thanks to @C-Beats for finding the solution on the web, and thanks for bearing with us.

This is unfortunate, but no, we cannot "patch" or fix this issue for future updates, as it's not our issue. Please see here:

https://github.com/dotnet/wpf/issues/2493

Keep in mind that even Microsoft Office is affected by this issue, from what I've read. It's an issue with Sonic Studio being poorly developed and improperly interfering with .NET Core. Microsoft's "solution", per the link above is to reach out to these companies and report their issues to them, apparently.

Ah that sucks I figured that would be the case. I can just close it when using Launchbox or BigBox for now. Least we figured it out in the end :).

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 9:07 AM, Kimjongilist said:

When you disabled it did you ensure to stop the service first and then prevent it's start up under the properties tab in the windows services menu as shown in these screens?

Nahimicservice.png

Nahimicserviceopenservice.png

Nahimicserviceproperties.png

Nahimicservicedisabledstartup.png

This issue has been torturing me since 11.2 and this resolved it.  Thank you SO MUCH!!!

• Like 1
  • Game On 2

Confirmed here too! Fixed it for me! 

I was talking about the same issue in the Noobs section and was redirected here.

Thank you, Kimjongilist!!!!!

• Like 1