Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

11.7 Beta Testing

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Not sure when this started, but it may be the latest beta. When you use, "Custom Wheel Images" in a theme, it doesn't look like Bigbox is cacheing those images properly. So if you open the games view, it won't cache any images unless you start scrolling through your games. Also, once the images are cached, if you exit the games view and go back in, sometimes the images are all, or mostly gone.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The check all/uncheck all buttons is still not working for me in beta 4 in the download images/media window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Can you explain this again? I'm not following.

In BigBox I can see Clear Logos for the Platforms just fine, but once I go to the games is when most of the Clear Logos listed don't show up, and even the text for times a game doesn't have a Clear Logo for it. Sometimes when I back out to the Platforms and return is when the game Clear Logos or text for a game's name comes up, and sometimes that doesn't work unless you scroll around, and sometimes it seems to work when you land on a Platform and go in to the games and then Exit from BigBox to then go back in and see most of the game Clear Logos and game name in text will show up. I also am experiencing the problem with clicking the boxing for downloading artwork that sometimes it seems it claims nothing of a game is in the LaunchBox when it actually is, and sometimes it makes it seem like there is no art for EmuMovies either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RULLUR said:

In BigBox I can see Clear Logos for the Platforms just fine, but once I go to the games is when most of the Clear Logos listed don't show up, and even the text for times a game doesn't have a Clear Logo for it. Sometimes when I back out to the Platforms and return is when the game Clear Logos or text for a game's name comes up, and sometimes that doesn't work unless you scroll around, and sometimes it seems to work when you land on a Platform and go in to the games and then Exit from BigBox to then go back in and see most of the game Clear Logos and game name in text will show up. I also am experiencing the problem with clicking the boxing for downloading artwork that sometimes it seems it claims nothing of a game is in the LaunchBox when it actually is, and sometimes it makes it seem like there is no art for EmuMovies either.

Same here.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RULLUR said:

In BigBox I can see Clear Logos for the Platforms just fine, but once I go to the games is when most of the Clear Logos listed don't show up, and even the text for times a game doesn't have a Clear Logo for it. Sometimes when I back out to the Platforms and return is when the game Clear Logos or text for a game's name comes up, and sometimes that doesn't work unless you scroll around, and sometimes it seems to work when you land on a Platform and go in to the games and then Exit from BigBox to then go back in and see most of the game Clear Logos and game name in text will show up. I also am experiencing the problem with clicking the boxing for downloading artwork that sometimes it seems it claims nothing of a game is in the LaunchBox when it actually is, and sometimes it makes it seem like there is no art for EmuMovies either.

 

7 hours ago, deliyuerek85 said:

Same here.

Yeah im seeing it also, it seems to be completely at random though, platforms change, even the games that show/dont show seem to be different everytime. Its almost like the cache isnt fully completing so we are not getting all clear logos in a platform. 

See below image where i have several logos missing right at the start of the list (i have favourites set to show at the top), i should also note i dont think the favourites is the issue either as the three logos that you can see are also favourites.

90735523_Screenshot(48).thumb.png.b997441654c93eb57fdb00712c799f4d.png

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bbweiners said:

Hi,

Not sure when this started, but it may be the latest beta. When you use, "Custom Wheel Images" in a theme, it doesn't look like Bigbox is cacheing those images properly. So if you open the games view, it won't cache any images unless you start scrolling through your games. Also, once the images are cached, if you exit the games view and go back in, sometimes the images are all, or mostly gone.

Thanks

Alright, so it doesn't have to do with "Custom Wheel Images." The issue is if there isn't enough space between images that the wheel is using, the images will disappear some of the time and not load again until you start scrolling through the wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bbweiners said:

Alright, so it doesn't have to do with "Custom Wheel Images." The issue is if there isn't enough space between images that the wheel is using, the images will disappear some of the time and not load again until you start scrolling through the wheel.

Wrong again. The wheel spacing doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Basically, it's just not cacheing game images properly that are used by the wheel. Sometimes all the game images for a platform/collection will appear, other times non appear, and once in a while some appear. The only way to get them to load if they're not appearing is to scroll through the wheel until all the images are populated. 

Has anything changed recently with the way images are cached?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bbweiners said:

Wrong again. The wheel spacing doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Basically, it's just not cacheing game images properly that are used by the wheel. Sometimes all the game images for a platform/collection will appear, other times non appear, and once in a while some appear. The only way to get them to load if they're not appearing is to scroll through the wheel until all the images are populated. 

Has anything changed recently with the way images are cached?

I feel a bit stupid. I just realized that multiple people in this thread are saying the same thing I am. Sorry. I guess I'll just say I'm having the same wheel image issues they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When tagging a launch-Box ID to a game, i am finding that I have to save first before downloading metadata. If I assign a launch-box ID and then try to download images (Metadata) without saving the game ID first, no images are found. Only happens in the past few betas, including Beta4. Happens equally across all platforms. Also, the uncheck all button does not work, and you have to click twice on a metadata object to make any changes to it  - the first time to select it, and the second time to check or UN-check it.... many extra mouse clicks than before.... Ditto on the Clear image wheel caching problem...

Edited by MazJohn [Mr Arcade]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been seeing the clear logo issue on the game wheel not caching properly for a few betas now as well. I can scroll through the whole wheel for a game platform and they will cache but then when I exit out of BigBox they might not be cached again the next time I start BB up again as It totally seems random. The platform clear logos seem to work fine as it just affects the game clear logos. I think it might have started when the caching improvement was put in to save space on cached images.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 5 is out now with an *actual* fix for the check boxes and some extra logging to help with some other issues.

I'll be reviewing the clear logos issue in Big Box. I haven't seen it happen yet myself, but with everyone experiencing it, it should be easy enough to reproduce.

3 hours ago, MazJohn [Mr Arcade] said:

When tagging a launch-Box ID to a game, i am finding that I have to save first before downloading metadata. If I assign a launch-box ID and then try to download images (Metadata) without saving the game ID first, no images are found. Only happens in the past few betas, including Beta4. Happens equally across all platforms. Also, the uncheck all button does not work, and you have to click twice on a metadata object to make any changes to it  - the first time to select it, and the second time to check or UN-check it.... many extra mouse clicks than before.... Ditto on the Clear image wheel caching problem...

My understanding was that @C-Beats fixed this for beta 4. Perhaps we need to review? What version did you test with?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

My understanding was that @C-Beats fixed this for beta 4. Perhaps we need to review? What version did you test with?

Its fixed in beta 5, so i assume it was the same in beta 4, although i didnt test it there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey is there anyway we can get a tweak to the image section when editing a game where if you remove an image it goes to the next image not to the previous one?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

either the last release or the one before stopped the movie scraper plugin from working (Posted the Link to it below). Is there any way of fixing it or does the person who made the plugin need to change it? doesn't seem like he logs in anymore. 🤥

 

 

Edited by darreldearth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, darreldearth said:

either the last release or the one before stopped the movie scraper plugin from working (Posted the Link to it below). Is there any way of fixing it or does the person who made the plugin need to change it? doesn't seem like he logs in anymore. 🤥

 

 

The original author would have to fix it, is it's a community plugin. Jason and C-Beats don't have the source code for these, let alone the time to be fixing community plugins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to provide some new information regarding the RetroAchievements lockup I was experiencing. It may be specific to the lambda 1.1 launchbox theme. Using the default theme I'm not having the issue.

Visually it looks like the default theme loads the achievements sequentially and lambda tries to load them all at once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 5 is out now with an *actual* fix for the check boxes and some extra logging to help with some other issues.

I'll be reviewing the clear logos issue in Big Box. I haven't seen it happen yet myself, but with everyone experiencing it, it should be easy enough to reproduce.

My understanding was that @C-Beats fixed this for beta 4. Perhaps we need to review? What version did you test with?

Just tested beta 5, and yes indeed the above issues with check boxes and select/clear all seem to be fixed and working correctly now.🙂 thanks Jason. @Jason 
By the way, to answer your above question, my testing was primarily done with beta 3 & 4 when the above behaviors had occurred.

- Mazjohn-  aka Mr. Arcade

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I'll be reviewing the clear logos issue in Big Box. I haven't seen it happen yet myself, but with everyone experiencing it, it should be easy enough to reproduce.

I'm not sure if this is obvious or not, but the wheel is having the same issue with any images, not just clear logos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lockian said:

I wanted to provide some new information regarding the RetroAchievements lockup I was experiencing. It may be specific to the lambda 1.1 launchbox theme. Using the default theme I'm not having the issue.

Visually it looks like the default theme loads the achievements sequentially and lambda tries to load them all at once.

Wow, that's good info. Now it makes a lot more sense. I'll take a look at the lambda theme to see if there's anything we can do to fix it, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...