LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox graphical glitch

FR0NZ

On 10/21/2020 at 12:13 PM, Retro808 said:

Take a look in this thread and see if the fix there helps you.

So i tryed to fix it, but i dont have a nahimic Service running..

I have reinstalled my graphic drivers, updated to the newest Windows Version. The glitch still occures but the black Bar ist now Transparent and shows the Desktop.

new launchbox install didnt fix it too 

Edited by FR0NZ

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Do you get any graphical glitches in other themes?

Yes, its in all themes but with different glitches after exiting games.

.NET Core is on 3.1.8

The glitch is on launchbox 11.2 too.

Edited by FR0NZ

27 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@FR0NZ It's best to make sure that you're not changing resolutions when starting and exiting games; that could be part of the issue (though it still shouldn't be causing what's happening for you). Do you have startup screens turned on?

What do you mean exactly with changing resolutions?

start up screens are on.

4 minutes ago, FR0NZ said:

What do you mean exactly with changing resolutions?

start up screens are on.

It might be worth trying to turn off startup screens to see if it makes any difference. I'm betting it's still a one-off issue with certain video drivers or some other application conflict. Do check to see if you have the Nahimic service running under Windows services, as that is known to be a problematic service that causes similar issues across a bunch of apps.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Depending on the emulator or game you are launching Windows will change the resolution to match what the game/emulator is requesting.

Okay i wasn‘t sure if jason mean the render resolution. So, im starting N64 games in 1920x1080 like my display resolution..

58 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It might be worth trying to turn off startup screens to see if it makes any difference. I'm betting it's still a one-off issue with certain video drivers or some other application conflict. Do check to see if you have the Nahimic service running under Windows services, as that is known to be a problematic service that causes similar issues across a bunch of apps.

I will try this later with startup Screen off.

I didn‘t have a nahimic Service running.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FR0NZ said:

@Jason Carr so i‘ve tryed it with startup screen off....the black bar appears anyway after exiting games and after 1 second the screen moves to the right where the black bar was and is normal again... :/

I see. For some reason, it sounds like you're seeing WPF video corruption, which we do see from time to time, but it's always either related to background apps or faulty video drivers. I do apologize for the trouble. What video card do you have?

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I see. For some reason, it sounds like you're seeing WPF video corruption, which we do see from time to time, but it's always either related to background apps or faulty video drivers. I do apologize for the trouble. What video card do you have?

Oh okay...

GTX 1050 Ti

3 minutes ago, FR0NZ said:

Oh okay...

GTX 1050 Ti

I see, okay. If you're all the way up to date on video drivers, you might try going to Nvidia's site and looking for beta drivers, or even possibly looking for an older version, if by chance the newest version is bugged. I can't say 100% for sure that it's video driver related, but that would be my guess. Other than that, I would also try exiting all background apps to see if they might have anything to do with it.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:53 PM, Jason Carr said:

I see, okay. If you're all the way up to date on video drivers, you might try going to Nvidia's site and looking for beta drivers, or even possibly looking for an older version, if by chance the newest version is bugged. I can't say 100% for sure that it's video driver related, but that would be my guess. Other than that, I would also try exiting all background apps to see if they might have anything to do with it.

Sooo, i have finally fixed it. Cause was the N64 video plugin „GlideN64“, loading Hi-Res textures.

Glitch does not occur with the video Plugin Glide64_Final. :)

• Like 1