LaunchBox Community Forums

Super Mario Bros. Vids

RandyMackDaddy

9 hours ago, RandyMackDaddy said:

I've been trying to download the correct mp4 vids for NES super mario ros. 1 - 3 for 2 years.   Every time i check emumovies and re download i get the same generic vid for super  Mario bros. 1 for all 3. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong at this point. 

Are your roms named poorly? I have the correct videos for all three games here. Also if you are having actual emumovies issues you should tell them, there's nothing we can do about somebody else's website/service.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Are your roms named poorly? I have the correct videos for all three games here.

Ditto.

I have seen this issue in the past as well.

I erased my videos and redownloaded and they all grabbed correctly, they are named as follows:

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3 

The filenames are the same with .zip added to the name.

I believe when I had the issues my roms might have included things like (World) or other identifiers in the name.

16 minutes ago, RandyMackDaddy said:

But should that matter?  I'm using the drop down menu to select super Mario bros. 2. That tells emumovies which game it is. 

Im sorry, what dropdown? All you should be doing is right clicking a game, going to edit, then images or videos tab and clicking the download media button.

image.thumb.png.e3501a122f3b1a2c462b20912473cdaa.png

Correct.  But before i do that i go to metadata, hit X on the launchbox db id and have it search for the game.  Then from that drop down box i choose super Mario bros. 3 and then go to images and video.  I'm downloading the vids directly from emumovies website myself now.  Then putting them in the appropriate folder.