LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

11.8 Beta Testing

4 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

bad news like it deleted more than it should be and you cannot choose what kind of duplicates the system should delete or if these are duplicates or planned doublets.

in the beginning I tried that solution and experiences the same and now I am fearing / concerning such solution especially when such solution was not needed before for Videos. 

maybe there needs a better communication towards functionalities with a manual or a Launchbox Wiki for the many features it already have that normally the common user never be aware of.

alternative is, that I make a copy of my 300-400gb of media files and then start this clean up tool and after that I have a long way to check if the tool did the right job because not all media is available in the games DB (which is the reasons for asking of such media art toolkit in launchbox).

The Cleanup media tool doesn't actually delete anything unless you tell it to. Once it scans for unused files and duplicates it lists them out for you and you can pick and choose which files you wish to delete or quarantine. A duplicate means one of two things with that tool. Two files with the same hash value (meaning it is EXACTLY the same file) is in two places, or the rough image match thinks they are the same (only applies to images).

That being said, this tool wasn't touched this version and we would appreciate if any concerns/discussion related to this tool could be moved to another thread. This is for the beta release and we want to make sure any genuine reports don't get lost in the back and forth of an unrelated issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The Cleanup media tool doesn't actually delete anything unless you tell it to.

Actually, I used this tool today, and some games were cleaned completely. Now there are no images at all. 

Looks like something similar has also happened to me, specifically in my Epic platform with my Batman games.

78335714_Screenshot(70).thumb.png.ed77719b94b1f33c913a36967710b547.pngAs well as my Lego Batman games.

1330156365_Screenshot(71).thumb.png.5f0f8d7fb8f0d68d609fbad884e0ee71.pngCould it be the names being similar results in "duplicate" games and deletion? The games still have metadata,

image.thumb.png.c6eb25433d6b64d0c9f2b6a7d8ec964b.pngbut the images are completely gone.

image.thumb.png.d6c3ff026201251e702fe1b3f4d4cd8f.png

Could it be the names being similar results in "duplicate" games and deletion? The games still have metadata,

Basically, it has something to do with ® and ™ in the titles, not a similarity between them. I can see that your games also contain it. 

It marks to delete all images of games containing ® and ™ or something similar in the title.

Edited by Pixel

I don't know if I am the only one having this issue, but I can no longer change the defult emulator for games. Neither indivdual nor in mass. It will save for the sesstion, but then defult back to previous choice on close.

1 hour ago, Pixel said:

Basically, it has something to do with ® and ™ in the titles, not a similarity between them. I can see that your games also contain it. 

It marks to delete all images of games containing ® and ™ or something similar in the title.

Yes, apparently the issue has to do with the rough-matching image checks and files/game titles that include special characters. @C-Beats was able to identify that earlier as well, and is working on a fix.

1 hour ago, Alucard205 said:

I don't know if I am the only one having this issue, but I can no longer change the defult emulator for games. Neither indivdual nor in mass. It will save for the sesstion, but then defult back to previous choice on close.

I just tested this myself and did not run into any issues, either doing it manually or in bulk. By chance, you're not killing the LaunchBox process are you?

2 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Jason Carr @C-Beats I'm a bit out of the loop in theming, which code parts should I add to the neon arcade deluxe launchbox theme to make them work with the new additions of 11.8?

I'm not real familiar with the theme to point you to the exact lines it it but if you look at the default themes GameDetailsView.xaml, lines 650-656 drive the achievement logic. Should just be putting them in (if you have some of the legacy retro achievement stuff still in there that references "HardcoreEarned" and "Earned" achievements, those can/should be taking out and replaced with the lines given).

• Thanks 1

I'm having a weird issue with the Epic Games Importer - for some reason Star Wars: Squadrons won't show up as available for import. It's in my Epic Games Library, but is launched through Origin (which it also doesn't show up under when I try that importer.) For now I've manually added the .exe, but I don't want someone else to have that issue as well. I thought the Epic Importer fixes would solve it, but it's still an issue with the full 11.8 release.

6 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Jason Carr @C-Beats I'm a bit out of the loop in theming, which code parts should I add to the neon arcade deluxe launchbox theme to make them work with the new additions of 11.8?

@Mr. RetroLust This is the code I used to add the Steam Achievements in the GameDetailsView. 

<!-- Steam Achievements-->
                        <TextBlock Text="{Binding AchievementsLoadingLabel}" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsLoadingVisibility}" Foreground="{Binding ForegroundBrush}" TextWrapping="Wrap"
                            Margin="0,15,0,0" FontFamily="{Binding SmallFontFamily}" FontSize="{Binding SmallFontSize}" FontWeight="{Binding SmallFontWeight}"
                            FontStyle="{Binding SmallFontStyle}" />
                        <ContentControl Name="AchievementList" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsVisibility}"/>
        <!-- Steam Achievements END-->

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@Mr. RetroLust This is the code I used to add the Steam Achievements in the GameDetailsView. 

<!-- Steam Achievements-->
                        <TextBlock Text="{Binding AchievementsLoadingLabel}" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsLoadingVisibility}" Foreground="{Binding ForegroundBrush}" TextWrapping="Wrap"
                            Margin="0,15,0,0" FontFamily="{Binding SmallFontFamily}" FontSize="{Binding SmallFontSize}" FontWeight="{Binding SmallFontWeight}"
                            FontStyle="{Binding SmallFontStyle}" />
                        <ContentControl Name="AchievementList" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsVisibility}"/>
        <!-- Steam Achievements END-->

Thanks bro! @C-Beats did the work for me as my brain was rotten today lol :)