Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Singe 2 (New Emulator) & Launchbox Possible?


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, vgbox said:

I started with Maddog Mcree for test and created a .bat file with the command: 

We are NOT using using the emulation option of LB here.

We are setting the singe2.exe as a direct application to launch and suppling different command line options for each game, to start that game directly without the singe2 menu.

If you want to use the emulation option, you would call your BAT file instead of the singe2 application. In your BAT file you would parse the game name and than have it call the singe2 executable passing the right parameters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Somewhere in the Singe2 directory you should have a controls.cfg.example file. Edit that file and rename it controls.cfg and place it in the same folder as the executable. (It's really easy to edit, you'll see when you open it)

Did as you said. The problem remains.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vgbox said:

Did as you said. The problem remains.

It's in the same folder as the executable?

Are you trying to remap QUIT to a different keystroke or a controller?

Edit: Sorry, quoted wrong person.

Edited by Headrush69
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vgbox said:

Did as you said. The problem remains.

You have the same problem is I had. The problem is that Singe as an emulator always passes the "Rom" with it. Thats why it doesnt work. So you should not use an emulator for these games

Per game you should refer to singe.exe instead of batfile  as an application and add the commandline parameters there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

It's in the same folder as the executable?

Are you trying to remap QUIT to a different keystroke or a controller?

I'm trying to load each game alone from LB.

8 minutes ago, Hummer28 said:

You have the same problem is I had. The problem is that Singe as an emulator always passes the "Rom" with it. Thats why it doesnt work. So you should not use an emulator for these games

Per game you should refer to singe.exe instead of batfile  as an application and add the commandline parameters there.

I directed LB Maddog Mcree ROM file location to Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe location.

What are the commandline parameters to add and where?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vgbox said:

I'm trying to load each game alone from LB.

I directed LB Maddog Mcree ROM file location to Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe location.

What are the commandline parameters to add and where?

 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 4:46 PM, Headrush69 said:

I'm not sure where that came from, as all I implied was most people probably don't want a frontend to call another frontend. Just an opinion.

Pretty sure I mentioned 3 options: BAT file for each game, a single BAT to start all, or directly calling each from LB.

P.S. I have a fully working Singe2 setup too, but I'm patiently waiting for my Sinden light guns! 🙂

No it plays commercial games as well. (American Laser Games for example)

I assume when you say commercial games with Daphne, you are referring to Daphne with the old Singe1. Singe handled those newer games, but used Daphne as the media playing backend.

Sorry, don't know about the XBox controller as I use my cabinet controls. I'll try with my wireless XBOX controllers and see if I can find anything out. 

Edit: Didn't work out of the box with my wireless XBOX 360 controller either. If all else fails a remapper  would likely solve the issue. See below, no remapper like Joy2Key needed in many cases.

Edit 2: Got it working. If you look in the Singe directory there is a controls.cfg.example file. I renamed that as controls.cfg and than edited that file. You'll see in the file it references GAMEPAD_0, in my case it was actually needs to be GAMEPAD_2. Your system will likely be different. You could also just as entries to cover several joysticks. Just add GAMEPAD_1, GAMEPAD_2, GAMEPAD_3 etc. Just copy what is there for gamepads and added new joystick indexes.

Edit 3: For Sinden users, there is a -g option for adding a border not listed on the Singe2 web page. Full information here: Singe2 + Sinden

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for your help and info setting up the new Singe v2 Headrush. Couldn't have got anywhere near setting this up without your help. I've just got my Sinden so will look forward to having a bash at some of these games at the weekend.

Thanks again 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone using the new Singe v2 for the old Daphne games (Dragon's Lair etc) ??

I'm not sure if this is possible and, if so, how you execute the games as my Daphne games don't have a .singe file?

Thanks :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Johnny T said:

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for your help and info setting up the new Singe v2 Headrush. Couldn't have got anywhere near setting this up without your help. I've just got my Sinden so will look forward to having a bash at some of these games at the weekend.

Thanks again 🙂

Glad you got it working. Still waiting for my dual SIndens, but might get my GUN4IR guns running first.

8 hours ago, Johnny T said:

Is anyone using the new Singe v2 for the old Daphne games (Dragon's Lair etc) ??

I'm not sure if this is possible and, if so, how you execute the games as my Daphne games don't have a .singe file?

You have to use the original Daphne still. You can get an awesome updated look my getting better video files though. I have an AI improved set for Dragon's Liar and it looks incredible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Glad you got it working. Still waiting for my dual SIndens, but might get my GUN4IR guns running first.

You have to use the original Daphne still. You can get an awesome updated look my getting better video files though. I have an AI improved set for Dragon's Liar and it looks incredible.

Yep, I saw that. I downloaded it yesterday but waited to set it up in case I could use the new version of Singe?

Although I've always struggled with Dragon's Lair as a game. I remember it from when I was a kid. It was a machine I always wanted to go on but could never afford to!! So I never actually played it when I was young. Although I still remember staring at it being amazed at the graphics.

Now that I can play it as much as I want I don't have a clue what I'm meant to be doing. It seems that it goes soooo fast you don't have time to react to anything. The only chance I have is on the 'movement' rounds as it tends to flash something to tell you which direction to press. On the other rounds (where I presume you're supposed to use your sword or something) there's no flashing indicator and it's over in seconds! :)

I'm going to hunt a YouTube tutorial out one of these days and have a proper crack at the game I think.

Thanks for your advice re: Singe. I thought I'd be able to just port all the games over but no worries. I'll just have two platforms of "Daphne" and "Daphne v2".

Cheers 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Johnny T said:

Although I've always struggled with Dragon's Lair as a game. I remember it from when I was a kid. It was a machine I always wanted to go on but could never afford to!! So I never actually played it when I was young. Although I still remember staring at it being amazed at the graphics.

You could be writing my life story there too. :)

13 hours ago, Johnny T said:

Thanks for your advice re: Singe. I thought I'd be able to just port all the games over but no worries. I'll just have two platforms of "Daphne" and "Daphne v2".

You can keep them in the same platform but use different emulators. I essentially group mine as LaserDisc.

I do a similar thing with lots of systems. Arcade contains ALL games that were arcade machines. Within that I also have playlists for American Laser Games, Sega Model 2, etc. Most people using my cabinet don't know what those platforms mean anyways, but having the playlists also makes it easier for me to maintain and quickly go specific systems.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

You can keep them in the same platform but use different emulators. I essentially group mine as LaserDisc.

I do a similar thing with lots of systems. Arcade contains ALL games that were arcade machines. Within that I also have playlists for American Laser Games, Sega Model 2, etc. Most people using my cabinet don't know what those platforms mean anyways, but having the playlists also makes it easier for me to maintain and quickly go specific systems.

Yep, that's a good idea. I'm planning on spending some time later in the year streamlining the software on the cabinet (making sure I have all the artwork/logos/marquees for every game etc) so might follow your lead on that. 

Thanks for the advice 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...