Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Future pinball - Star trek ultimate pro crashes with no error screen


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, sundogak said:

That is a recent SlamT1LT table and it needs BAM to run since it uses routines that are not in the normal FP.  

BAM? Im Sorry ive heard that before but dont know what it is. I see the link you sent. going to try this now. so just install this and it should run like the other FP cabinets?

Edited by Cnells2000
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cnells2000 said:

BAM? Im Sorry ive heard that before but dont know what it is. I see the link you sent. going to try this now. so just install this and it should run like the other FP cabinets?

see info here and link to detailed info on install of BAM

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sundogak said:

see info here and link to detailed info on install of BAM

 

OK!!! for the first time im playing star trek full screen!!!!. loading it outside of LB it plays fine. but running it through LB or BB gives me the error you see in the video. then i load it up outside and it plays fine. i just didnt show the footage of the game playing BC my recorder does'nt record windows display well. Im almost there!!! could you instruct me how to fix this? My jurassic park acts just like this as well, it just does not come up with the error "problem loading that file"

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Why are you using custom command line arguments?

2) The filename doesn't have the .fpt extension so you aren't pointing to a valid table.

I meant a picture of the settings for Future Pinball in the Manage Emulators section.

Edited by Headrush69
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Headrush69 said:

1) Why are you using custom command line arguments?

2) The filename doesn't have the .fpt extension so you aren't pointing to a valid table.

ok i unchecked that and now star trek loads just like the jurassic park video. what do i need to change?

Untitled.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cnells2000 said:

ok i unchecked that and now star trek loads just like the jurassic park video. what do i need to change?

Not sure what you unchecked,

I need to see the settings for FP in the emulator settings section. (Tools -> Manage Emulators)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

1) Why are you using custom command line arguments?

2) The filename doesn't have the .fpt extension so you aren't pointing to a valid table.

I meant a picture of the settings for Future Pinball in the Manage Emulators section.

i use to different FP. some for slamtilts and some for regulars

Untitled 0.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just use FPloader for both.

I still think the issue is you have somehow imported the rom folders for each table and not the table itself. Each rom should point to a table with the .fpt extension.

Edited by Headrush69
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Just use FPloader for both.

I still think the issue is you have somehow imported the rom folders for each table and not the table itself. Each rom should point to a table with the .fpt extension.

where would i remedy this? it does say the extension in the launching area

2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cnells2000 said:

where would i remedy this? it does say the extension in the launching area

OK, that's good. When you had the custom config it was missing.

If you start Future Pinball, (the original, not FPLoader), if you go to preferences -> Editor settings, is the Load Image option unchecked? (it should be)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Just use FPloader for both.

I still think the issue is you have somehow imported the rom folders for each table and not the table itself. Each rom should point to a table with the .fpt extension.

this is my spiderman config. it has custom line parameters but the game and several others T2, metal slug, etc work perfectly

sp.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

OK, that's good. When you had the custom config it was missing.

If you start Future Pinball, (the original, not FPLoader), if you go to preferences -> Editor settings, is the Load Image option unchecked? (it should be)

it is

editor.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought maybe it was a corrupt file but if you have the issue with several tables, that's unlikely.

That some tables work and others don't leads me to believe that it could be specific features on certain tables. Maybe start Future Pinball and in the Video preferences try the minimum preset and see if the problem tables even load.

Short of that I can't think of anything else right now. If some tables work from LB we know it's not LB settings? 

100% sure you are using FPLoader for all tables and some aren't calling Future Pinball directly still?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

I thought maybe it was a corrupt file but if you have the issue with several tables, that's unlikely.

That some tables work and others don't leads me to believe that it could be specific features on certain tables. Maybe start Future Pinball and in the Video preferences try the minimum preset and see if the problem tables even load.

Short of that I can't think of anything else right now. If some tables work from LB we know it's not LB settings? 

100% sure you are using FPLoader for all tables and some aren't calling Future Pinball directly still?

i just batch changed all to work with FP loader. All act correctly except for jurassic park ultimate and my favorite, Star Trek ultimate

Edited by Cnells2000
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cnells2000 said:

i just batch changed all to work with FP loader. All act correctly except for jurassic park ultimate and my favorite, Star Trek ultimate

Did you try those video changes? Those are both demanding tables. 

P.S. I love that Star Trek table. 🙂

Edited by Headrush69
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...