Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Pulse Theme


Juketsu
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bundangdon said:

That newly updated text filters view looks really nice! I'd give a little more room for the fanart and other artwork, with a little less room for the games list, but that's probably just me :)

I think you maybe right. I might scale down the width. Trying to keep the view in balance, so the menu can't be too small or it looks separate afterthought. I'm trying to keep the menu width the same between views, so it would look consistent when view changes.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Made few minor tweaking and fine tuning. I think this theme is ready to ship soon.

Here are all the views.I think I managed to get enough variation between the views. So they feel unique.

If someone could help me test this one more time, I would be grateful.

 

PLATFORMS

258505425_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-SystemView-2021-05-0717_21_49.thumb.jpg.7ae65e0db3aaa3cdd30b7977247fa433.jpg

1987281728_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-PlatformWheel4FiltersView-2021-05-0717_20_03.thumb.jpg.9f5ff10d46ff6313e363352d49a97d99.jpg

547337749_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-PlatformWheel2FiltersView-2021-05-0717_20_18.thumb.jpg.0021ca4ec3ea1583c850c5e75bc5ff52.jpg

899301456_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-PlatformWheel3FiltersView-2021-05-0717_20_22.thumb.jpg.087bd0e2877ec1532850a17c305f0193.jpg

1015006229_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-PlatformWheel1FiltersView-2021-05-0717_20_13.thumb.jpg.922e00bf4430fe3b1a3006bf4866475a.jpg

825208577_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-TextFiltersView-2021-05-0717_20_09.thumb.jpg.22a0a4e3587a2cee6e7d3dcdeb99fff9.jpg

511900901_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-PlatformWheel2FiltersView-2021-05-0717_22_18.thumb.jpg.7cb3b4d36f0e9ccfa7c95e7f4506ef82.jpg

788167243_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-PlatformWheel2FiltersView-2021-05-0717_22_23.thumb.jpg.034d8152505c90d9b2680eb618d9a401.jpg

1810448461_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-PlatformWheel3FiltersView-2021-05-0717_22_35.thumb.jpg.289e730e8ea573613612f6f15b596b1e.jpg

 

GAMES

1846267127_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-HorizontalWheel1GamesView-2021-05-0717_21_15.thumb.jpg.54e8a0d5e561578fd10030b50a25aadb.jpg

1252588336_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-HorizontalWheel1GamesView-2021-05-0717_30_22.thumb.jpg.16c423cd64737a84479f2587a660550c.jpg

2023995533_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-HorizontalWheel2GamesView-2021-05-0717_21_24.thumb.jpg.e1cdb74e14bed175db22c2155ced4b50.jpg

1586370605_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-HorizontalWheel2GamesView-2021-05-0717_28_40.thumb.jpg.e1f891e74ca57efbdfa300e8d36704c2.jpg

261320216_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-Wheel2GamesView-2021-05-0717_20_51.thumb.jpg.e2256f36fe2bd61a8c2e573013f0d21a.jpg

1968371412_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-WheelGamesView-2021-05-0717_20_45.thumb.jpg.6d185096a8b2aa75dabcc566cf97f4d7.jpg

1743276897_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-HorizontalWheel3GamesView-2021-05-0717_21_28.thumb.jpg.1eabc19abf0fb13e9220702e130127b2.jpg

1473166391_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-HorizontalWheel3GamesView-2021-05-0717_28_48.thumb.jpg.812473f8573b45a9581b69f3e4d108e9.jpg

1384549289_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-TextGamesView-2021-05-0717_20_39.thumb.jpg.77d3460fe323e670678e6a387b0d4b8c.jpg

Edited by thimolor
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Whatscheizer said:

I wish I had something useful to point out, but I'd be pretty excited to use this theme just as it is on my setup. The progress shots look great! ?

It's already live. Hopefully you find it usable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hey I guess that's why it already looks so good. lol.

I have indeed found it usable, I've been using it for a couple of days now. I finally got around to braving the theme creator and I'm even tinkering with it a bit in there. Thanks! ?

Edited by Whatscheizer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, Juketsu said:

It's responsive and it mostly looks good on 4:3 screens. Should work on 5:4 and 16:10 also.

HJi, friend!
First of all, many thanks for your work, I love this theme so much!

I'd like to know, if, based on two of your game views, were possible to create other views that coud add more description and/or combined info.
I made these mockups as a reference abotu what I'm talking about:
 

ORIGINAL:

672794098_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-WheelGamesView-2021-05-0719_57_01.jpg.d34428c153bd8568fd3c9b7392d55b85.jpg


MOCKUP 1:
With description and video.
It could use a smaller frontbox, or even a 3D animated one.

mockup 1.png


MOCKUP 2:
With clear logo at the top, description and video. 
It could also use a smaller frontbox or a 3D animated one. Gamelist is all in text.

mockup 2.png


I hope you could give me a hint about how I could do this.
Thanks in advance!!

Edited by KaaMoS
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaaMoS said:

HJi, friend!
First of all, many thanks for your work, I love this theme so much!

I'd like to know, if, based on two of your game views, were possible to create other views that coud add more description and/or combined info.
I made these mockups as a reference abotu what I'm talking about:
 

ORIGINAL:

672794098_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-WheelGamesView-2021-05-0719_57_01.jpg.d34428c153bd8568fd3c9b7392d55b85.jpg


MOCKUP 1:
With description and video.
It could use a smaller frontbox, or even a 3D animated one.

mockup 1.png


MOCKUP 2:
With clear logo at the top, description and video. 
It could also use a smaller frontbox or a 3D animated one. Gamelist is all in text.

mockup 2.png


I hope you could give me a hint about how I could do this.
Thanks in advance!!

You could do these changes with the community theme creator tool quite easily. Just download the creator files I have provided for Pulse and start experimenting with it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2021 at 7:18 PM, KaaMoS said:

HJi, friend!
First of all, many thanks for your work, I love this theme so much!

I'd like to know, if, based on two of your game views, were possible to create other views that coud add more description and/or combined info.
I made these mockups as a reference abotu what I'm talking about:
 

ORIGINAL:

672794098_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-WheelGamesView-2021-05-0719_57_01.jpg.d34428c153bd8568fd3c9b7392d55b85.jpg


MOCKUP 1:
With description and video.
It could use a smaller frontbox, or even a 3D animated one.

mockup 1.png


MOCKUP 2:
With clear logo at the top, description and video. 
It could also use a smaller frontbox or a 3D animated one. Gamelist is all in text.

mockup 2.png


I hope you could give me a hint about how I could do this.
Thanks in advance!!

Not something I was specifically planning to upload as it is a bodged personal edit, I wasn't actually aware their was a proper theme editor so just did some trial and error in notepad, but my layout isn't actually a million miles off your last mock up, The text description area is a bit bigger than it was, and I moved the image to the side but it's set to title screen rather than the box, I did debate trying to get the box art under the title screen but I just don't know enough to add new elements, my main focus was on making the video preview larger and tweaked a few bits to work around that.

But If you aren't having any luck with an edit then i'm happy to share the file if it helps

1090865433_pulseknedit.thumb.jpg.180f73bd0383ec65c1837b5ec662ebc0.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 2:18 PM, KaaMoS said:

HJi, friend!
First of all, many thanks for your work, I love this theme so much!

I'd like to know, if, based on two of your game views, were possible to create other views that coud add more description and/or combined info.
I made these mockups as a reference abotu what I'm talking about:
 

ORIGINAL:

672794098_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-WheelGamesView-2021-05-0719_57_01.jpg.d34428c153bd8568fd3c9b7392d55b85.jpg


MOCKUP 1:
With description and video.
It could use a smaller frontbox, or even a 3D animated one.

mockup 1.png


MOCKUP 2:
With clear logo at the top, description and video. 
It could also use a smaller frontbox or a 3D animated one. Gamelist is all in text.

mockup 2.png


I hope you could give me a hint about how I could do this.
Thanks in advance!!

Mockup 1 is exactly what I'm looking for. If you find out how to do it, please post it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 12:48 AM, knapman said:

Not something I was specifically planning to upload as it is a bodged personal edit, I wasn't actually aware their was a proper theme editor so just did some trial and error in notepad, but my layout isn't actually a million miles off your last mock up, The text description area is a bit bigger than it was, and I moved the image to the side but it's set to title screen rather than the box, I did debate trying to get the box art under the title screen but I just don't know enough to add new elements, my main focus was on making the video preview larger and tweaked a few bits to work around that.

But If you aren't having any luck with an edit then i'm happy to share the file if it helps

1090865433_pulseknedit.thumb.jpg.180f73bd0383ec65c1837b5ec662ebc0.jpg

 

Hi @knapman

I like very much this change.

Can you share this view please?

I will try to do with community editor but it has been a disaster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I tried this theme a few days ago and it crashed my BigBox halfway through the day several days in a row.  I don't know if there is somehow a memory leak or something.  Note that I only have 4 GB of ram.  I am not on the latest beta.  Don't know the exact revision, but my BigBox says 11.8 in the bottom right corner from the menu.  I went back to my previous theme and have not suffered any crashes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Xpendable said:

I tried this theme a few days ago and it crashed my BigBox halfway through the day several days in a row.  I don't know if there is somehow a memory leak or something.  Note that I only have 4 GB of ram.  I am not on the latest beta.  Don't know the exact revision, but my BigBox says 11.8 in the bottom right corner from the menu.  I went back to my previous theme and have not suffered any crashes.

Strange, No one else has reported any crashing problems. It's been made with the latest Community Theme Creator tool. You could try to build the theme yourself and see if it works.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure how much media this has compared to other themes but it's very possible that you don't have enough RAM to store all the images in memory that you are asking the system to display. 4GB of memory doesn't go real far and I'm curious if that may be the cause of some of the issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 10:38 AM, Xpendable said:

I tried this theme a few days ago and it crashed my BigBox halfway through the day several days in a row.  I don't know if there is somehow a memory leak or something.  Note that I only have 4 GB of ram.  I am not on the latest beta.  Don't know the exact revision, but my BigBox says 11.8 in the bottom right corner from the menu.  I went back to my previous theme and have not suffered any crashes.

I thought it was just me so I never mentioned anything. I've had several crashes with this theme as well. However my machine has 8GB of ram. It never crashed with other teams but with this one it seems a bit unstable. I even used the Theme Creator files, made same changed and exported the theme to lunchbox and I'm still experiencing some random crashes. Not sure what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 6:16 PM, Styphelus said:

I thought it was just me so I never mentioned anything. I've had several crashes with this theme as well. However my machine has 8GB of ram. It never crashed with other teams but with this one it seems a bit unstable. I even used the Theme Creator files, made same changed and exported the theme to lunchbox and I'm still experiencing some random crashes. Not sure what it is.

Thanks for the info. Sadly I can't really do anything about it untill I know what triggers the crashes. I'm going to update the theme once the new Theme Creator tool is ready, hopefully that will resolve the issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2021 at 4:43 PM, Juketsu said:

Made some changes to TextGamesView. Good or bad?. Should be more inline with the new views. This maybe my best execution on this monster view to date.

1346166893_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-TextGamesView-2021-04-1822_39_39.thumb.jpg.62b6f424fcad5980d7397b1f0bac957e.jpg

Sorry, friend.
I didn't see you were working on this. It looks pretty yawesome :)

Sorry for asking, but, do you think is possible to you to share a clean (no shadow) version of this icon?
In your theme all plaftorm logos look clear, and are well mixed with background, except for this one. Thanks in advance!

Arcade.png

Edited by KaaMoS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...