LaunchBox Community Forums

Weird Retroarch Issue

Hi All,

So, I moved my LB to a new computer. Everything appears to be working but I am getting this strange issue with Retroarch I can't figure out. I'm using an Xbox 360 wireless controller. Mapped all the buttons, hotkey enabled to the Select button, etc. The problem occurs when I try to save a state, which is Select-R1 for me. I get a series of notifications in the bottom left that in order are:

Waiting for client

You have joined as Player 1

Port Mapping successful

then it shows my WAN IP

At this point, it goes to the quick menu (which I set as L3-R3) and then freezes, no controls work other than Select-Start which exits me. Sometimes it returns to the game but it has a start/play icon in the upper right that doesn't do anything, I'm frozen and can only exit out.

I looked all through my settings, can't figure out what is causing this...any ideas?

Thanks.

As an update: I tried deleting the retroarch.cfg file, and it appears this happens only when LB is running. If I close LB and run Retroarch by itself, I don't get the problem. If I launch a game from Retroarch OR if LB is running in the background and I launch Retroarch, I get the issues I am describing. And, I don't have Steam installed, I saw in a previous thread that this was causing issues, I don't have Steam on this PC not do I have the Steam plug-in installed in LB.

Edited by Gumdoc
2 hours ago, Gumdoc said:

Waiting for client

You have joined as Player 1

Port Mapping successful

then it shows my WAN IP

Some button or button combination is activating the netplay hosting in Retroarch.

1448482905_netplaybinding.thumb.jpg.04887f44d38a6d9dae67757de2aab809.jpg

I'm not sure why this is only happening when Launchbox is active, It shouldn't be affecting Retroarch.

Edited by IainSA

I checked that setting and there's no button set for that; I thought that might be the issue but I don't see that I've set that anywhere. I can save/load if I go to Quick Menu first, but I prefer to do it directly while in-game.

Any other ideas?

I just came across a YouTube video by @ETAPRIME and Launchbox does have a Retroarch netplay feature in the tools menu but I've never noticed or used it so I have no idea if it's related to your problem.

Have you tried changing the hotkey combo for saving/loading and see if it still causes the same issue.

10 minutes ago, IainSA said:

I just came across a YouTube video by @ETAPRIME and Launchbox does have a Retroarch netplay feature in the tools menu but I've never noticed or used it so I have no idea if it's related to your problem.

Have you tried changing the hotkey combo for saving/loading and see if it still causes the same issue.

I'll see if I can find that video, I did click on that option and there's nothing in there. So, I changed the Retroarch config so that enable netplay uses a keystroke I never use (}). That resolved the save state issue, it works now. But, the load state (which is Select-L1 for me) still send me to the Quick Menu but all controls are frozen once I see those alerts at the bottom. Weird....