LaunchBox Community Forums

Can you view video previews in launchbox?

I just became a premium member and in big box i can view video previews of the games but in launchbox only images. Is it possible to make see video previews in launchbox too?

23 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Under the View menu in Launchbox is the auto play videos option enabled?

It wasnt enabled, i just enabled it but still cant view video previews in launchbox, is there something else i need to do also?
Thanks for the help!

Are they just not playing or do you not see them at all in the game details panel?

If you cannot see them at all you need to go into LB >Tools>Options and in the Visual section look for Game Details section. Check the box for “videos”. 

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Are they just not playing or do you not see them at all in the game details panel?

If you cannot see them at all you need to go into LB >Tools>Options and in the Visual section look for Game Details section. Check the box for “videos”. 

Thank you! That's what i needed to do, check the box for videos. Now when i click on the thumbnail a video plays on the right side but it's in a very small window. Is it possible to have the video play where the thumbnails are as you can change the size and that would make the video much better viewable.

7 hours ago, TimMcLaughlin said:

Retro808 - Thanks !!!

I had the same question (I'm new to LaunchBox/BigBox too) - and your last solution fixed my/the issue

Can you make the window of the video bigger or to play in place of the thumbnail?

10 hours ago, bill said:

Thank you for the info, maybe in a future update we might get it.

Well as pointed out, you can edit that code. You dont have to wait for the dev to do so, as i suspect he has no interest in doing so, otherwise he would of designed it that way already. Thats not stopping anyone else from editing or creating a new theme with that look though.