Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls


Recommended Posts

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

View File

This theme requires LaunchBox v11.10 or above.
---------

The new LaunchBox update is here, and with it comes many new Big Box theming features. The highlight amongst them is a brand new Wall View.

This theme showcases the new wall view by providing 2 inspired views utilizing the new Wall View CoverFlow wheel.

What kind of things can the new CoverFlow wheel do? Download this theme and take a look.

WallView1.thumb.png.3942f99cc4bdbb5ca2732fb970c5ff46.png

WallView2.thumb.png.aa45cec2185d9ade2fbcd1edd45a9e18.png

 

The views use the following artwork:

  • Clear Logos
  • Screenshots
  • Background Fanart
  • BoxArt - Front
  • Game Videos

Don't forget to set your screenshot image priority to screenshot - gameplay.

Have fun.

Thanks to @PlayingKarrde for clarifying that this theme is loosely based on a couple different themes from the Pegasus frontend.


 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls View File This theme requires LaunchBox v11.10 or above. --------- The new LaunchBox update is here, and with it com

Thanks @fdsighfiusgheiu3. Let's see how much of this I can answer: 1. You'll need to replace the following line of code within Wall2GamesView.xaml: <TextBlock x:Name="ActiveGame_Genre

This is true. I asked the theme and it didn't really seem to want to work with other languages. However, after some considerable talking to, I think it has now agreed to work with other languages

Posted Images

Absolutely love this. Is there a way to add video to the platform view? I tried changing the platform to another theme (and keep your POC view for game lists) but it's not working. 

Edited by dvanx010
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, adu said:

Love the second view !

Do you think ArcadeFlow, from AttractMode, can be done with the new wall view ?

From the looks of it, you could get away with creating a similar looking view, but there would be some differences based on the toolset that we currently have and how Big Box functions in general. It is definitely more possible than it ever was before the new wall view changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, leocmp said:

Colleague, tell me something, here in my setup happened to crash a few times, I believe it is something related to the launchbox, did it happen to you?

It hasn't. Maybe you can provide more information about your crashes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, faeran said:

From the looks of it, you could get away with creating a similar looking view, but there would be some differences based on the toolset that we currently have and how Big Box functions in general. It is definitely more possible than it ever was before the new wall view changes.

Hmmm is the community theme creator tool uptodate with the new wall view ? I'm totally awful at coding ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, faeran said:

It hasn't. Maybe you can provide more information about your crashes.

I will activate the debug mode and if I can find something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, adu said:

Hmmm is the community theme creator tool uptodate with the new wall view ? I'm totally awful at coding ....

You'll have to give time to y2guru to get all the new stuff added to the Theme Creator. At the moment, it's only possible through coding XAML.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, leocmp said:

I will activate the debug mode and if I can find something.

Something you can try is to right click the zip file, go into properties and check off "Unblock", before extracting its contents.

image.png.5207b5448a90e1ab496e83f57e8f813d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, leocmp said:

Colleague, tell me something, here in my setup happened to crash a few times, I believe it is something related to the launchbox, did it happen to you?

I'm getting crashes too

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, faeran said:

Something you can try is to right click the zip file, go into properties and check off "Unblock", before extracting its contents.

image.png.5207b5448a90e1ab496e83f57e8f813d.png

I will try to do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Retro808 said:

@adu @mavisbeacon

It would be helpful to us as well as the theme creator if you provide some more insight. Are you getting any errors? When or what are you doing when it crashes? Do you get similar crashes with other themes?

I'll check the logs for errors. The crash has been happening when I select a game in wall view 2, and then back out to the game list without starting the game. It's not consistent, but that's been what I was doing every time it crashed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I was able to identify how to reproduce the problem. If you leave the default player in "VLC" and enter and return to the "GameDetails" screen several times and return, it will cause the "lock" I tested with WindowsMediaPlayer and the problem didn't happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mavisbeacon said:

I'll check the logs for errors. The crash has been happening when I select a game in wall view 2, and then back out to the game list without starting the game. It's not consistent, but that's been what I was doing every time it crashed.

Try to change the video player to WMP and see if the problem happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@adu @mavisbeacon

It would be helpful to us as well as the theme creator if you provide some more insight. Are you getting any errors? When or what are you doing when it crashes? Do you get similar crashes with other themes?

Hmmm, I donty have any errors, just asking about if it was doable :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, leocmp said:

Another thing I noticed is that when the player is VLC in "GameDetails" it does not show the video in the upper part of the coverBox

Yeah I'm seeing this too.

I tried switching to WMP, and now the videos for my steam games won't play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...