LaunchBox Community Forums

On 4/29/2021 at 3:15 PM, Pixel said:

OK, then. Let's wait for @Jason Carr explanation. There is 24% vs 24% of voters. Makes no sense to me at all. 

Common sense buddy. As was explained to you several times, the priority was for the TOP 20. 24.85% = #20 and 24.56% = #21. That's why it's not on the list. It's elementary math. Did other things happen to get done along the way? Yeah. Why? Because they were convenient at the time of development and personal interests of the Dev team. That's why. There's nothing to understand or "get" here. It's pretty darn common sense. The features you're complaining about being ignored aren't. They'll show up in the next round of polling and popularity will reset priorities. If your features still don't make the cut you have to face the music - they aren't popular. If your retort is "How can 24% be popular but 24% isn't?" then you fundamentally aren't listening because the answer is in this very paragraph. Read it.

6 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

I know this isn't really a beta issue, and I may be wrong, but seems to me that there use to be regular polls to vote on upcoming features. I haven't seen one or got an email about one for a very long time. If BitBucket is the primary way it is working now, maybe ETA or someone could make a video to show folks how to use BitBucket for voting. I didn't even know there was a voting feature in BitBucket until reading these posts.

BTW: BitBucket could use a good cleaning. I have issues created 3-4 years ago that need to simply be deleted, I couldn't find a place to delete as a user. Not sure if that's possible

Look at the 1st post in this thread. Jason literally pointed out that he's working on the LAST of the features in the Top 20 of the last poll. So if you're wondering why there hasn't been a new poll yet, it's because the last poll isn't finished with yet. There's even a thread that kept track of this ever since the last poll. Simple.

Thank you Jason and C-Beats for your work and democratizing the process at least somewhat. You and the process are a big part of why so many are still around because the community get to participate in a clear and open way. The dynamic works, keep up the good job!

• Like 3
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, beta 2 is out now with the following: New Feature: A complete management system has been built for specifying types of supported controllers for games, including a built-in databa

Hey all, the first 11.12 beta is out now with the following: Fixed: Potential error in Big Box when switching view types and then navigating too quickly Fixed: For theme dev

Beta 7 is out now with the following: Fixed: Missing retro achievements leaderboard in Big Box Fixed: Rare error when opening a "Browse Folder" dialog window Fixed: T

Posted Images

@mcfilmmakers Please see my post just prior to yours. I know your post came only a few minutes after mine and you were likely typing as I posted so I will leave it be. 

Any more comments on polls, Jason’s reasoning on dev decisions (which he owes no explanation to anyone), and/or anything non beta is getting deleted. From this thread or any beta thread moving forward. If you have nothing about the beta to post. MOVE ALONG! 

14 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Still having this issue with Clear Logos not loading up correctly

image.thumb.png.df9a83997648672b18c0b771b2aaceed.png

I am having the same issue.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@RULLUR @Stiles Are those Clear Logo's already cached (they'd be in your \\Launchbox\Images\Cache-BB\ folder)?

Yes I specifically used the option to fully populate the clear logo cache. Some show up, but others do not.

5 minutes ago, Stiles said:

Yes I specifically used the option to fully populate the clear logo cache. Some show up, but others do not.

Could I get you to clear the clear logos from that folder and tell me if it makes the situation better or worse for you?

6 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

image.thumb.png.4eb0ac0639a3877267f834b44f98e4c0.png

Not what I asked. Check the attributes on the \\LaunchBox\ folder, the \\LaunchBox\Core\ folder and the properties on the specific file your installer is failing on and is mentioned in your error message. Also make sure before running the installer that LaunchBox has been completely closed.

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

Not what I asked. Check the attributes on the \\LaunchBox\ folder, the \\LaunchBox\Core\ folder and the properties on the specific file your installer is failing on and is mentioned in your error message. Also make sure before running the installer that LaunchBox has been completely closed.

None of those folders and files are set to read only. LaunchBox/BigBox are set to run as admin because BigBox will crash if this is not set, as per the debug file.

The installation is an automatic process.

1. Open LaunchBox
  2. Download new version
  3. LaunchBox closes in this step and begins the install automatically (If LaunchBox is not closing properly when installing the software then the wait time should be increased before the next process begins or it should terminate the software properly)

Yeah. I'm asking if you could manually close LaunchBox and then manually run the installer in your \\LaunchBox\Updates\ folder.

Also you most definitely should not ever be running LaunchBox or Big Box as admin, nothing in either application requires it and it causes many issues when set.

32 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah. I'm asking if you could manually close LaunchBox and then manually run the installer in your \\LaunchBox\Updates\ folder.

Also you most definitely should not ever be running LaunchBox or Big Box as admin, nothing in either application requires it and it causes many issues when set.

If I run the update manually it says I don't have the framework.

Unfortunately BigBox crashes if its not set to admin.

Don't believe the installer itself requires .NET Core (though I could be wrong). Could you copy the error message you see when you try to run it?

Big Box doesn't require admin ever and so if you are crashing when it is set to admin it would be worth seeing that error message as well.

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Could I get you to clear the clear logos from that folder and tell me if it makes the situation better or worse for you?

I deleted all of the files in that folder and the issue is the same. It populates the first 20 or 21 logos but when I scroll through my list the rest of the logos do not appear.

Just now, Stiles said:

I deleted all of the files in that folder and the issue is the same. It populates the first 20 or 21 logos but when I scroll through my list the rest of the logos do not appear.

If you sit still do they populate? Can you scroll up and see some logos, but not all? If so do they ones that weren't there reappear after a few seconds or no? Trying to see if the cache is stopping entirely or just taking longer than it should. Also could you look in \\LaunchBox\Logs\ and grab a log when you are seeing that behavior and PM it to me so I can take a look, see if there anything in there that could give us a clue as to what is going on.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

If you sit still do they populate? Can you scroll up and see some logos, but not all? If so do they ones that weren't there reappear after a few seconds or no? Trying to see if the cache is stopping entirely or just taking longer than it should. Also could you look in \\LaunchBox\Logs\ and grab a log when you are seeing that behavior and PM it to me so I can take a look, see if there anything in there that could give us a clue as to what is going on.

They eventually did populate, after I deleted all of the clear logos out of that cache folder. I sent the logs to you anyway, as there is something else going on in them. Let me know what you find. Thanks!

Edited by Stiles

Curious if the old cache files were corrupted in some way, or Big Box was having issues reading them for some reason. When you open Big Box after the images have re-cached, do you ever have the problem again or does it go away permanently?

Looks like the issue went away permanently. The clear logos now take seconds to populate after the initial 20 or so immediately display. I've opened Big Box multiple times now to test. Probably some cache corruption that was rectified by removing the old files.

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Don't believe the installer itself requires .NET Core (though I could be wrong). Could you copy the error message you see when you try to run it?

See the second image 

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Big Box doesn't require admin ever and so if you are crashing when it is set to admin it would be worth seeing that error message as well.

See the Debug file 

• Jason Carr changed the title to 11.12 Beta Testing
  • faeran locked this topic
  • faeran unpinned this topic