Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

11.12 Beta Testing


Jason Carr
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, sagaopc said:

@Jason Carr there's any possibility to have a future "lite version" of Launchbox/Bigbox? 

Another question: when a game runs, launchbox reduces RAM consumption? now is consuming 1.3GB of 8GB I had...

Launchbox is already relatively "lite". When idle it uses 0% of my CPU and less than 2GB of Ram, im not sure what more you could do without completely gutting the program of all its features. That seems pretty pointless as so few resources are used already.

image.thumb.png.7cdedd3ccce1cd344492def6f16c88bd.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 1:17 AM, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, beta 2 is out now with the following:

  • New Feature: A complete management system has been built for specifying types of supported controllers for games, including a built-in database with known games, full flexibility for customization, and built-in badge images for various controller types. See Tools > Manage Game Controllers and the Controller Support section of the game add/edit screen for details.

  • New Feature: All import processes will now import the games first before downloading any media, allowing you to edit and play them right away

  • New Feature: Media downloads are now saved and resumed when exiting and restarting LaunchBox

  • New Feature: Downloads for different platforms can now be queued up so that multiple platforms can be imported quickly without waiting for all of their media downloads

  • Improvement: Major performance improvements for the actual import processes (not the download parts)

  • Improvement: The Add/Edit Playlist screen has been overhauled

  • Fixed: Rare dispose error with VLC video playback

  • Fixed: Image file names that differ only in case (capitalized vs. uncapitalized) were sometimes not be recognized as different images

  • Fixed: Potential import issues with multiple versions when using drag and drop (introduced in 11.9)

  • Fixed: Rare potential error when populating game images in LaunchBox

  • Fixed: Changes to a game's name or platform wasn't always migrating images to the proper folders (introduced in 11.10)

  • Fixed: Rare potential null reference error when getting game metadata from the local database

  • Fixed: Error when drag/drop import is asked to import a file that no longer exists

new features sounds very promising. thanks to the dev guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox is already relatively "lite". When idle it uses 0% of my CPU and less than 2GB of Ram, im not sure what more you could do without completely gutting the program of all its features. That seems pretty pointless as so few resources are used already.

image.thumb.png.7cdedd3ccce1cd344492def6f16c88bd.png

I have to disagree... 2GB is what a O.S. use to manage a PC (windows 10). almost all frontends usually use 100 to 200MB RAM. But, ok, thanks for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, sagaopc said:

I have to disagree... 2GB is what a O.S. use to manage a PC (windows 10). almost all frontends usually use 100 to 200MB RAM. But, ok, thanks for your help!

Before this turns south I am going to remind forum members the beta threads are not for feature requests or non-beta feedback topics. Our beta threads have been getting derailed which means our two devs have to waste time reading through unnecessary posts instead getting to the meat of the matter of beta troubleshooting.

In the prior beta thread I advised non-beta posts will be edited or deleted going forward. If you are not providing actual feedback about things broken, fixed, or otherwise related to a beta release please start a separate thread in the appropriate sub-forum. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 2:47 PM, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for the big update LB team. I noticed when I add a controller on the Manage Controller screen, the delete button doesn't work if I try to get rid of that controller.

Same issue, when you mouse over the delete button it isn't highlighted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, how does the new controller support work, I added a controller, Xbox 360 controller, in manage controllers. I then went to PS2 and edit the controller support field for the games, selected full support in the level field and then in the values field for controller support I put Xbox 360 controller (don't know if that is what there should be) or what should be in the values field? Then I went through it all, but when I went to manage game controller it said 0 games associated. So what did I do wrong, if someone could maybe tell me or show me what to do I would appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 7:13 AM, zugswang said:

When downloading metadata/media on latest beta Launchbox is using nearly 100% CPU and crippling my pc for nearly 20 minutes as it clears the image cache.

ps, It has done this on 3 separate occasions now.

Only noticed this issue on the latest version LaunchBox-11.12-beta-2

162167800932121911.png

FYI, I got this same issue while updating meta data/media for my Mame/Arcade roms.  While it displayed clearing image cache my processor went up to 100% usage on all cores... my CPU cooler went crazy lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

error when migrate platform:

O thread de chamada não pode acessar este objeto porque ele pertence a um thread diferente.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.12-beta-2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void VerifyAccess()
Source:  WindowsBase

   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.GetValue(DependencyProperty dp)
   at System.Windows.NameScope.GetNameScope(DependencyObject dependencyObject)
   at System.Windows.NameScope.NameScopeFromObject(Object obj)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.FindScope(DependencyObject d, DependencyObject& scopeOwner)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.WizardViewModel.NextPage()
   at PublisherAdvisor.CancelInvalidMethod(Object , PublisherAdvisor )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.BulkEditPlatformChangeViewModel.Continue()
   at PublisherAdvisor.CancelInvalidMethod(Object , PublisherAdvisor )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.BulkEditPlatformChangeViewModel.ReadReadableTests()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CalcGenericState()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

   10:54:03 Exception

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sagaopc said:

error when migrate platform:

O thread de chamada não pode acessar este objeto porque ele pertence a um thread diferente.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.12-beta-2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void VerifyAccess()
Source:  WindowsBase

   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.GetValue(DependencyProperty dp)
   at System.Windows.NameScope.GetNameScope(DependencyObject dependencyObject)
   at System.Windows.NameScope.NameScopeFromObject(Object obj)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.FindScope(DependencyObject d, DependencyObject& scopeOwner)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.WizardViewModel.NextPage()
   at PublisherAdvisor.CancelInvalidMethod(Object , PublisherAdvisor )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.BulkEditPlatformChangeViewModel.Continue()
   at PublisherAdvisor.CancelInvalidMethod(Object , PublisherAdvisor )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.BulkEditPlatformChangeViewModel.ReadReadableTests()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CalcGenericState()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

   10:54:03 Exception

Thanks for the report. I was able to determine the cause of this and should be corrected in the next release.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AVissie said:

Hi, how does the new controller support work, I added a controller, Xbox 360 controller, in manage controllers. I then went to PS2 and edit the controller support field for the games, selected full support in the level field and then in the values field for controller support I put Xbox 360 controller (don't know if that is what there should be) or what should be in the values field? Then I went through it all, but when I went to manage game controller it said 0 games associated. So what did I do wrong, if someone could maybe tell me or show me what to do I would appreciate it.

The process to add a new game controller support level to a single game you would do the following:

Go to the game in question, and edit to bring up the Edit Game window
Go to the "Controller Support" tab
Press the "Add Controller" button
In the row created in the left column (labeled "Controller") you select the controller this game uses
In the right column of that same row (labeled "Support (Optional)" you select what support level the game  has for that controller (can leave it blank if you know it uses it but aren't sure the support level)
Press OK to save your changes

You can then use that information to display badges or use them in auto-populate playlists

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

  • Improvement: Added a "Doesn't Require" comparison for Controller Support with auto-populate playlists
  • Improvement: The "Clearing Image Cache" process at the end of the download metadata process should now be faster (will still heavily utilize the CPU - this is of course by design, might as well utilize that fancy CPU)
  • Fixed: Manage Game Controller's delete button now works
  • Fixed: When finding controllers by platform only the first platform was found
  • Fixed: Threading error caused by wizards
  • Fixed: When adding a playlist and selected "Auto-Populate" the grid was populating with the current playlist/category name as a platform filter
  • Fixed: Potential batch EmuMovies media download issues (introduced in 11.11)
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jason Carr changed the title to 11.12 Beta Testing
1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Latest beta the bulk edit option does not show any added controllers in the "add" section. It does show your list of controllers in the "remove" section.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 8.13.43 AM.png

Thanks for that, it had a similar issue to the one we corrected in the Edit Game screen. It has been corrected and will be in next release. Until then if you remove the "Associated Platforms" from the controller you should see it on that list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

  • Improvement: Double clicking a controller in Manage Controllers will now open the edit screen for that controller
  • Fixed: Controllers weren't showing to add in Bulk Edit
  • Fixed: Removing controllers via the Manage Game Controllers window were not removing controllers
  • Fixed: The metadata scraper was only scraping one controller entry per game even if there were multiple
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • C-Beats locked this topic
  • faeran unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...