LaunchBox Community Forums

11.12 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

46 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Disregard, I was able to get it to replicate and have tracked down the source @SqHd. Thanks for the report!

Those struggling because of this issue can use the following work around:
Set sidebar filter to "Platform Category"
Right click a platform
Select Add > Playlist

Should be able to create a playlist that way. Make sure you set the parent correctly after doing it though as this will default it to the platform you right clicked on.

14 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I can't seem to replicate. Are you able to consistently reproduce this? If so, could you explain in more detail HOW you are getting this to happen so I can hopefully track down a cause? Thanks.

Disregard. After I restarted, and made sure I was updated to the latest beta the problem went away.

Edited by mdreffet

I am unsure if this was new in 11.12 or since forever but this bothering me a bit in the workflow while importing media files.

importing wizard ask me if I want to download mentioned media files. below there is a "All" or "none" button as well.

1588406540_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-19um17_37_32.thumb.png.3abd80f0ef758fd57306b0671f95e898.png

the next screen is for the emuMovies media part the all or non buttons are above the media files.

1590912827_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-19um17_37_43.thumb.png.d0731f20d22bc392a56d829a6ecdc7a6.png

would be cool to make both screens a bit more harmonized

59 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

I am unsure if this was new in 11.12 or since forever but this bothering me a bit in the workflow while importing media files.

importing wizard ask me if I want to download mentioned media files. below there is a "All" or "none" button as well.

the next screen is for the emuMovies media part the all or non buttons are above the media files.

Dont know if its better to put this in the feature request thread but on top of that it would be really nice and comfortable

to merge this two separate "media choose screens" into one single single screen.

It happens more than twice when i sometimes revisit games and update media that i forgot to uncheck the

launchbox media or vice versa the emumovies media. It would be imo more comfortable instead of

clicking through the tabs on edit games and it saves one screen in the import games.

2 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

1588406540_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-19um17_37_32.thumb.png.3abd80f0ef758fd57306b0671f95e898.png

1590912827_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-19um17_37_43.thumb.png.d0731f20d22bc392a56d829a6ecdc7a6.png

It has always been that way, its not new to 11.12.

1 hour ago, Isoku said:

Dont know if its better to put this in the feature request thread but on top of that it would be really nice and comfortable

to merge this two separate "media choose screens" into one single single screen.

It happens more than twice when i sometimes revisit games and update media that i forgot to uncheck the

launchbox media or vice versa the emumovies media. It would be imo more comfortable instead of

clicking through the tabs on edit games and it saves one screen in the import games.

But then the list would be so long that you would need to scroll it, which you don't now, and then some users would complain about it being less streamlined, its a lose lose really. Personally i feel that separate screens for separate services is the correct way to handle it. 

I could see the All/None buttons being added into EmuMovies, could you toss in a Feature Request though so I don't forget?

EmuMovies and LaunchBox downloads are separate because EmuMovies requires credentials which we check for on that page. If user's DON'T have credentials we remind them and give them the option to enter them. Putting both on the same page would eliminate that ability. Would also make it far more difficult to easily determine the media source for those who like to prioritize one source over the other, so I doubt we will be converting them into a single screen anytime soon.

Just now, C-Beats said:

I could see the All/None buttons being added into EmuMovies, could you toss in a Feature Request though so I don't forget?

They are there, always have been, just in a different location, our database those options are below the list, emumovies they are above the list, thats all, and it's always been this way.

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

EmuMovies and LaunchBox downloads are separate because EmuMovies requires credentials which we check for on that page. If user's DON'T have credentials we remind them and give them the option to enter them. Putting both on the same page would eliminate that ability. Would also make it far more difficult to easily determine the media source for those who like to prioritize one source over the other, so I doubt we will be converting them into a single screen anytime soon.

mhh touché .. ya i understand that point ..it was just a quick minddrop but yes, you have to see both sides and that make more sense to separate launchbox and emumovies

@Jason Carr I'm not sure if this bug was introduced in recent betas, or if it's even a bug, but I'm on 11.12 final and when importing anything with multiple regions my region priorities are ignored. For example Pokemon Pinball on GBC has 3 versions (USA, Australia), (Japan), and (Europe). I have USA as top priority, but because the rom has "USA, Australia" in the file name LB ignores that it's a USA game and makes the European version the default. It does this with any game with more than one region in the file name.

EDIT: I just noticed LB won't add a region to the metadata if there are more than one region in the filename. Bionic Commando: Elite Forces on GBC only has one region (USA, Australia), and when imported the region field is left blank.

Edited by OhBoy

In 11.12, I've noticed the Game Startup theme "exit" screen doesn't show for Mame when exiting a game. The game just closes and goes back to BigBox or LaunchBox. (It works fine with Retroarch though.) I've doubled checked my settings and tried out various Game Startup themes (including the 11.12 default.) No luck. I'm trying to rule out if it's my Mame installation or not. Can anyone else confirm?  Thx.

8 hours ago, SqHd said:

In 11.12, I've noticed the Game Startup theme "exit" screen doesn't show for Mame when exiting a game. The game just closes and goes back to BigBox or LaunchBox. (It works fine with Retroarch though.) I've doubled checked my settings and tried out various Game Startup themes (including the 11.12 default.) No luck. I'm trying to rule out if it's my Mame installation or not. Can anyone else confirm?  Thx.

I would ask outside of this thread for more visibility.