Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and project bezels?


Zeaede
 Share

Recommended Posts

Would it imposible to import bezels as some kind of "plugin" into Launchbox?

Just getting into this, and would like to have as many systems as possible with bezels

Don't need every bezel for every game, to med bezel for each console computer would do

 

Edited by Zeaede
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeaede said:

Would it imposible to import bezels as some kind of "plugin" into Launchbox?

Just getting into this, and would like to have as many systems as possible with bezels

Don't need every bezel for every game, to med bezel for each console computer would do

 

I second this. Retroarch offers bezel support, but some systems (like dolphin) run better with standalone emulators, so I usually have to play GameCube games without bezels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both Retroarch and Rocketlauncher offers bezel, but it would be nice if it could be a plug in for Launch box itself?

Some systems i can't get working with RA but i get it to work with COINOPS but would like to get it to work with Launchbox

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zeaede said:

Both Retroarch and Rocketlauncher offers bezel, but it would be nice if it could be a plug in for Launch box itself?

Some systems i can't get working with RA but i get it to work with COINOPS but would like to get it to work with Launchbox

 

Just use Reshade and you can add bezels to other systems fairly easily.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Just use Reshade and you can add bezels to other systems fairly easily.

Thanks i have a look

But it would be possible with plugin in launchbox?

It's really about png picture, resolution and where to place emulator on screen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeaede said:

Thanks i have a look

But it would be possible with plugin in launchbox?

It's really about png picture, resolution and where to place emulator on screen?

It's a lot more difficult than that, which is why Jason has said on multiple occasions that bezels will not be integrated into Launchbox/Bigbox at a official level. If a user wants to try and do it with a plugin they can try, but im not certain its possible, and certainly without interfering with the startup/shutdown, and pause screens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

It's a lot more difficult than that, which is why Jason has said on multiple occasions that bezels will not be integrated into Launchbox/Bigbox at a official level. If a user wants to try and do it with a plugin they can try, but im not certain its possible, and certainly without interfering with the startup/shutdown, and pause screens.

I know that much you can do bezels with RetroArch, Rocketlauncher and MAME

Some are easaier than others, so that's why it would have been nice with some kind of plugin make this easier

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2021 at 8:26 AM, Zeaede said:

I know that much you can do bezels with RetroArch, Rocketlauncher and MAME

Some are easaier than others, so that's why it would have been nice with some kind of plugin make this easier

 

I am a member of The Bezel Project, and have bezels working for all Retroarch cores. If you are having issues getting bezels to show in Retroarch, you must have something not configured correctly. There are two areas you might want to look at in your Retroarch installation.

1. Your rom names must match the bezel cfg file names.

2. The directory in the config directory containing the cfg files for the bezels must match the core name exactly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...