LaunchBox Community Forums

An error has occurred while parsing the custom ________ (Themes error)

backwardsbud

Everytime I try switching off Default I get a barrage of error messages saying it can’t parse basically everything in the views folder -.- Why does this happen? I’ve tried reinstalling multiple times with no fix. Please send help! I see a bunch of people have this issue and no one has an answer so far!

The reason I asked about the set-up location is this looks similar to an issue that does occur with set-ups on external drives formated in exFAT. Although @backwardsbud yours is not. Though I am not 100% sure it is related, but worth noting. The drive should be NTFS formatted this way symlinks will work properly. You can read a bit about it in this thread. So if you are on an external confirm the formatting of the drive. If it is not NTFS you will need to move the set-up off the drive and then reformat it to NTFS. Then you can copy the build back on. Again, not sure if that is the issue as your error is slightly different. 

I would try getting a theme via the "Manage Themes" button in Big Box and verify that those work. These errors read like some one was messing with the theme XAML files and mistyped a character. I don't see an error that some something akin to "Path not found" which is typically caused by what @Retro808 is referring to above.