Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing


Jason Carr

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@TechBoi Did you download those images in a previous version, or the latest version of LaunchBox for Android? I have fixed some related issues like that in previous versions, so it would be best to delete the platform and the media and re-import/download it. I'm guessing that will fix that issue.

They were screen shots from Version 0.41

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@TechBoi Did you download those images in a previous version, or the latest version of LaunchBox for Android? I have fixed some related issues like that in previous versions, so it would be best to delete the platform and the media and re-import/download it. I'm guessing that will fix that issue.

@Jason CarrI tried several times clearing app cache, deleting app, redownloading and importing same result. Seems to be only affecting the wheel view option. I'm using the official no-intro set, and that naming convention. 

Edited by TechBoi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, C0ntrA said:

Of course! That's why we are here, because Jason and the Launchbox team are developing a premium front end, and we are providing feedback to hopefully help assist in its success!

It's my primary Front End even now, for good reason. It's clean, versatile, and looks amazing as an Android TV setup (my individual use).

 

@C0ntrA @Jason Carr

AMEN to that!! 

I am currently working on getting launchbox running on an ONN streaming device. Not an easy task, but preliminarly I got it working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 5:31 PM, TechBoi said:

@Jason CarrI tried several times clearing app cache, deleting app, redownloading and importing same result. Seems to be only affecting the wheel view option. I'm using the official no-intro set, and that naming convention. 

It seems like your "Region to Prioritize" setting might be set to something other than "North America". I just tested a fresh install, imported NES, and I do not get any of the incorrect images from your screenshot. That setting is available when you perform imports, and when you force download missing images. It's then saved to the platform so that any background downloads use the same settings.

The only other possibility that I can think of is that the previous images are not getting fully deleted in your testing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

0.42-beta-2 is out now with the following:

  • Reduced the potential for crashes related to misbehaving game controllers

  • Added support for FPse64

We're planning to finally release the 0.42 official release early next week. Please let us know if you run into any issues with this beta, as it will be a release candidate for the 0.42 official release.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It seems like your "Region to Prioritize" setting might be set to something other than "North America". I just tested a fresh install, imported NES, and I do not get any of the incorrect images from your screenshot. That setting is available when you perform imports, and when you force download missing images. It's then saved to the platform so that any background downloads use the same settings.

The only other possibility that I can think of is that the previous images are not getting fully deleted in your testing.

Definitely not the region to prioritize. Always have this set to North America. How would you suggest I wipe out my library on LaunchBox and restart with a clean slate? Just clear and delete storage cache, uninstall app, re-download and re-import games? Pretty sure I've tried this already and I have another friend on a different android device experiencing the same thing both of us it's only effecting the wheel view. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TechBoi said:

Definitely not the region to prioritize. Always have this set to North America. How would you suggest I wipe out my library on LaunchBox and restart with a clean slate? Just clear and delete storage cache, uninstall app, re-download and re-import games? Pretty sure I've tried this already and I have another friend on a different android device experiencing the same thing both of us it's only effecting the wheel view. 

The only important thing is just making sure that you remove all of the images and the data files. You can do that manually through a file browser if you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The only important thing is just making sure that you remove all of the images and the data files. You can do that manually through a file browser if you want.

Right but what is the file path to get to this folder? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TechBoi said:

Definitely not the region to prioritize. Always have this set to North America. How would you suggest I wipe out my library on LaunchBox and restart with a clean slate? Just clear and delete storage cache, uninstall app, re-download and re-import games? Pretty sure I've tried this already and I have another friend on a different android device experiencing the same thing both of us it's only effecting the wheel view. 

Excuse my ignorance as I haven't read the entire thread...

But it sounds to me like you have other rom versions in your set (other regions).

I assume this because I recently scanned all of my snes roms (NA/USA) and everything looked correct. I then scanned my super famicom roms under snes (since we don't have a famicom section) and the process seems to have altered "some" of the NA titles to japanese...(I assume that perhaps I had japanese versions of those NA games and because I scanned following NA, the japanese titles had overwritten the NA ones where applicable because it was scanned more recently (after snes).

Not a huge deal really, but hopefully it's in the agenda to add categories for the "funky stuff" like famicom etc.

I assume your friend tried with the exact same rom set as you?

Edited by C0ntrA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...