LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME FULL ROMS SET TIME TO ADD TO LAUNCH BOX/BIG BOX

SLUGIE79

hi there I want to add my full mame roms set onto lauchbox/ big box

I did super Nintendo and it took eight hours 1000 games roughly 

I want imported a full mame rom set and i just wondered how long it would take?

also I have been using critical cids theme videos for platforms and using box and car art and videos for the platforms eg nes snes megadrive ect

With me and I just want to use themes with the video snaps in the middle is there something have to check when imorting just for that?

9D0FAB72-EE59-4495-894E-1A114CB0726F.png

Edited by SLUGIE79

2 hours ago, SLUGIE79 said:

hi there I want to add my full mame roms set onto lauchbox/ big box

I did super Nintendo and it took eight hours 1000 games roughly 

I want imported a full mame rom set and i just wondered how long it would take?

The import of the roms alone should not take long. You can import the roms first and get that out of the way and then go back and import media. I think the last full rom import I did (game only, no media) took only a few minutes.

The media part is what will take the bulk of the time. That would depend on how many different media types per game you are wanting to download. To reduce time I would recommend unchecking the option for "Remove roughly matched duplicate items". That option compares each image downloaded so it increase download times since it does it on every single image.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 6.56.45 AM.png

Hi Retro808

thanks for that what I want to do is just have main themes for this system and the other arcade systems for each game just like the image attached

I have looked at critical cids theme which are great but having downloaded some there not 16:9 

I have a full mame theme set for each game but they wont work as they are zip files and not mp4 videos

is there a checkbox I can click when downloading media just for themes and videos for each game?

also I have downloaded critical cids plaform themes unified, can you tell me which folder I need to put them in so they work I have attached an image of some of them

thank you in advance

E2CF2D48-6B3C-4CE6-8009-63C55F1DF652.jpeg

235D6B82-D896-4AE2-8D22-787F92C5F708.jpeg