LaunchBox Community Forums

11.18 Beta Testing

faeran

Just noticed this issue with the latest Beta. I've updated with each Beta and have not noticed this problem before.

For some platforms, any games that have line spaces between the text in the game details information (i.e. paragraphs), what were previously single lines have expanded to huge spaces of varying amounts of lines.

Funnily enough it's only affected 4 out of my 25 platforms - Arcade, Windows, NES and Genesis. I can't think of anything that ties these together - I've not done anything different with these platforms.

This problem has affected other users also. I made sure it was not theme-related by switching back to the default theme, but the problem persists.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:14 PM, Retrofrogg said:

Just noticed this issue with the latest Beta. I've updated with each Beta and have not noticed this problem before.

For some platforms, any games that have line spaces between the text in the game details information (i.e. paragraphs), what were previously single lines have expanded to huge spaces of varying amounts of lines.

Funnily enough it's only affected 4 out of my 25 platforms - Arcade, Windows, NES and Genesis. I can't think of anything that ties these together - I've not done anything different with these platforms.

This problem has affected other users also. I made sure it was not theme-related by switching back to the default theme, but the problem persists.

Sounds like an issue related to beta 1 that has already been resolved.

Looks like I'm still having issues where whenever at times a new Beta comes around, I have to edit my Playlists back to showing up as Platforms by checking the box for it and renaming, and then linking the video for it all over again. Is there a way this can get fixed in the next Beta too? It's really a hassle they keep disappearing and have to fix them back each time

13 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Looks like I'm still having issues where whenever at times a new Beta comes around, I have to edit my Playlists back to showing up as Platforms by checking the box for it and renaming, and then linking the video for it all over again. Is there a way this can get fixed in the next Beta too? It's really a hassle they keep disappearing and have to fix them back each time

The two things shouldn't be related but I can take a look into it. Not sure what video you are referring to but fairly certain I know the checkbox you are talking about in regard to making the playlist a platform.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The two things shouldn't be related but I can take a look into it. Not sure what video you are referring to but fairly certain I know the checkbox you are talking about in regard to making the playlist a platform.

I'm talking about when you set a video path for when you want to have its own instead of having like a default one set for Arcade. That seems to reset itself along with whatever name the Playlist gets renamed to. Like I tend make the Sega S-TV and Cave playlists appear as a Platform, but once things reset in a new Beta at times, then it goes back to being called Arcade Sega S-TV and Arcade Cave with the video paths reset back to what I have for Arcade instead of the ones I set individual for Sega S-TV and Cave. Thing is all the other media such as Clear Logo, Banner, and Fanart remains as I have set them to even having their own Sega S-TV and Cave folders in the Platform Images section with the rest of the Platforms.

28 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I'm talking about when you set a video path for when you want to have its own instead of having like a default one set for Arcade. That seems to reset itself along with whatever name the Playlist gets renamed to. Like I tend make the Sega S-TV and Cave playlists appear as a Platform, but once things reset in a new Beta at times, then it goes back to being called Arcade Sega S-TV and Arcade Cave with the video paths reset back to what I have for Arcade instead of the ones I set individual for Sega S-TV and Cave. Thing is all the other media such as Clear Logo, Banner, and Fanart remains as I have set them to even having their own Sega S-TV and Cave folders in the Platform Images section with the rest of the Platforms.

I've not been able to replicate that at all, next beta release will hopefully be out soon. Let me know if you see it there as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I've not been able to replicate that at all, next beta release will hopefully be out soon. Let me know if you see it there as well.

Will do! Just seems at most like it unchecks the box where you make the Playlist appear as a Platform, and in result of that, then everything else disappears and resets itself to just being back to the default look of a Playlist