Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Error adding new emulator


DeadVoivod
 Share

Recommended Posts

Seems ok now, had to remove it from RetroArch as default emulator first. 

But I encountered another problem, launching the game doesn't work, takes me straight away back to LB, it only works if I right click the game and chose launch with --> Fuse. 

Edited by DeadVoivod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This keeps going on now with everything, even rolled back to 12.1, same error. 

Plus like I mentioned, if I manage somehow to get the emulator associated to the platform, running the game doesn't do anything until I right click on the game and I chose LAUNCH WITH. What's the difference anyways? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 10:25 PM, DeadVoivod said:

Still stuck, tried to start from the beginning, adding as new platform, but I still get that message to add one applicable platform in the grid. Any news on this? Thanks. 

Sorry for the late reply here. Are you still experiencing the same issues with the 12.4 release?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@DeadVoivod @noahdaddy Can you both confirm your version? I'm trying to replicate this so I can correct, but am having problems getting it fire. Is it something that is happening regularly for you or does it come and go? Is there anything you do that reliable gets that message? If so could you give me some reproduction steps so I can attempt to replicate this issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happened first with 12.3, rolled back to 12.1, ditto, after update to 12.4 it's still existing. Never had it in my setup before, and like I mentioned, I didn't change anything in that setup for almost 2 years now, everything is exactly the same. 

Since it happened the first time, it's doing it all the time. I added Atari ST games, went to manage emulators, setup the emulator and associated platforms, and it gives me this error. Tried then with ZX Spectrum, exactly the same. Tried also with different emulators, no change. 

In the beginning I thought it was because RetroArch had the cores for those 2 systems set as emulators, but after removing them from RetroArch, the problem still exists. I even physically removed the 2 cores (Fuse, Hatari) from the RetroArch cores folder. 

The emulator.xml file also doesn't show any of those 2 entries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...