LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo Wii imported Games are trying to run a different system (Mugen) weird

sonicboom88

hi guys I was wondering if i could have some help with setting up nintendo Wii I have imported the rom files but the games in launch box won't run I click on a game go to open game folder and it shows data for a mugen game its really frustrating i can manually point to the right game but I have a lot of wii games lol😔

Screenshot (17).png

11 minutes ago, sonicboom88 said:

hi guys I was wondering if i could have some help with setting up nintendo Wii I have imported the rom files but the games in launch box won't run I click on a game go to open game folder and it shows data for a mugen game its really frustrating i can manually point to the right game but I have a lot of wii games lol😔

Screenshot (17).png

Not sure i understand here, the image you are showing is clearly a mugen game from the mugen folder and nothing at all to do with Wii, so you imported a mugen game and set it as a Wii game for some reason. If you dont want a mugen game imported to Wii, then just right click and delete it from Launchbox.

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Not sure i understand here, the image you are showing is clearly a mugen game from the mugen folder and nothing at all to do with Wii, so you imported a mugen game and set it as a Wii game for some reason. If you dont want a mugen game imported to Wii, then just right click and delete it from Launchbox.

thanks for the reply I had all systems set up but something was not working in rocket launcher so mugen shows up but not set up but for some weird reason all the wii games i have imported wont launch its like directed to mugen stuff like if i delete the mugen folder it will assosiate the game with another system its hard to explaine 🤯

12 minutes ago, sonicboom88 said:

thanks for the reply I had all systems set up but something was not working in rocket launcher so mugen shows up but not set up but for some weird reason all the wii games i have imported wont launch its like directed to mugen stuff like if i delete the mugen folder it will assosiate the game with another system its hard to explaine 🤯

Well then if you are using Rocket Launcher then it is Rocket Launcher launching your games and not Launchbox, so this is a Rocket Launcher issue, and as most people here do not use it, you may get more help on the Rocket Launcher forums.

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Well then if you are using Rocket Launcher then it is Rocket Launcher launching your games and not Launchbox, so this is a Rocket Launcher issue, and as most people here do not use it, you may get more help on the Rocket Launcher forums.

hi neil9000 it even happens wirh dolphin and retro ark here is what launchbox thinks the game is now that game is pointed to a open bor game lol I dont understand

Screenshot (18).png

Screenshot (19).png

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Solved! I deleted nintendo wii xml from Data/Platforms and imported the games again and now it works! Thanks for the help 2 happy cousins playing wii games tonight 😀