LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 USING BIN AND CUE ROMS

Posted (edited)

hi Lord monkus

so I would make sure the roms  work on PCSX2 and I would have my ROMs in a folder per game with the bin and que file inside same as PS1 and during the importing process search for the bin files for all the games and import them all at once?

Edited by SLUGIE79

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There

Quick question I have unzipped my PS2 roms and some of them are ISO files and some of them are bin and que all of the roms are in folders in the playstation 2 folder

I know that bin and que files need to be in a separate folder and I know how to import them it’s the same as Sega CD

The question I have is shall I keep the ISO Files in their own folders ot Files in their own or drag them into the main playstation 2 Just like when I import other ISO files for different systems or does it not matter

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, SLUGIE79 said:

The question I have is shall I keep the ISO Files in their own folders ot Files in their own or drag them into the main playstation 2 Just like when I import other ISO files for different systems or does it not matter

That's a personal preference.  You could even have all the iso's, cue's and bin's in a single folder if you wanted.  The bin/cue files for a specific game don't have to be in its own folder, but they do have to be in the same folder as each other.   Personally, I'd convert them all to CHD format and place them in a single folder.  Then you'd have (other than 'disc1', 'disc2'...) each individual game in a single file that will be smaller (but lossless compressed format) than the originals.

Posted (edited)

Hi Joeviking

that’s a good idea but I’ve no idea how to make a CHD and it would take forever to convert them all as i have 620 roms @1.4TB

when i import do i use the que or bin file 

cheers

Edited by SLUGIE79