LaunchBox Community Forums

How to stop flashing on sega model 3 gun games

SLUGIE79

• SLUGIE79 changed the title to How to stop flashing on sega model 3 gun games
6 hours ago, SLUGIE79 said:

Is there a way to stop the flashing on the shooter games on segal model 3

eg house of the dead 2 ect

HOD2 isn't a Sega Model 3 game.

Which Sega Model 3 light gun game do you have screen flash in?

Edit: If you are talking about Jurassic Park Lost World, make sure you are using these entries in your games.xml.

<inputs>
  <input type="common" />
  <input type="analog_gun1" />
  <input type="analog_gun2" />
</inputs>

Edited by Headrush69
  • Like 1

There are 3 light gun games for Model 3. L.A Machineguns, Lost World and Ocean Hunter. None of which flash when pulling the trigger so you are all good my friend.
EDIT: If you are after the widescreen stuff for Model 3 just check WideScreen and WideBackground. All games work in widescreen apart from Virtua Soccer

Edited by normchomsky

Hi There 

Of course  it isnt its a Naomi game 

Ok so what im trying to say is there a file that can stop the flashing on lightgun game in Sega model 3 and is there also one for Naomi??

Apologise for the mistakes 👍🏻

Does the change in the jurassic park game xml stop the flashing??

Thanks in advance 😊

4 minutes ago, normchomsky said:

There are 3 light gun games for Model 3. L.A Machineguns, Lost World and Ocean Hunter. None of which flash when pulling the trigger so you are all good my friend.

Hi There 

The flashing was on ninja assult and house of the dead 2 is there anyway to stop that and any other naomi games 

thanks

Edited by SLUGIE79

The Lost World doesn't flash for me and I have no special scripts/cheats running. Is it flashing for you? 

As far as I'm aware there is no solution for no flashing light gun games for Naomi at the moment. Via Flycast this would most likely be achieved with a 'cheat code/action replay style code'. Not sure if the cheat community will be on that anytime soon, assuming it's even possible.

I check the Sinden site on the regular as they are the ones who will most likely get this first. I got all my no flash scripts from them and if you are interested in setting up light gun stuff you really should be checking this out. Even tho I don't have a Sinden Light Gun yet I find it an awesome resource. Here's the Flycast link, if they get em they'll put em here https://sindenlightgun.miraheze.org/wiki/Flycastwindows check out their other emulator setup guides as if there is a no flash solution they will provide info/files for this.

Edited by normchomsky

56 minutes ago, normchomsky said:

Lost World supported both CRT light guns and analog guns. If the settings in the Games.xml isn't set as analog you will get flashing as it thinks it's emulating the CRT method.

I think the current Games.xml sets it already, but if you're getting flashing, it's likely not set as analog.

8 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Lost World supported both CRT light guns and analog guns. If the settings in the Games.xml isn't set as analog you will get flashing as it thinks it's emulating the CRT method.

I think the current Games.xml sets it already, but if you're getting flashing, it's likely not set as analog.

I wasn't aware that Lost World had an analogue variant. Nice one :)

Hi Normchumsky

Apologies im sure the Sega model 3 gun games dont flash.

I was referring to the Naomi ones like ninja assault and house of the dead 2 that flash and i would like to be able to disable that somehow.

I have a set of sinden gun but they will be the last thing that i set up on my bigbox build 😊