LaunchBox Community Forums

*Updated Jan '24* | 714 Platforms | 701 Playlists | Over 880,000 Games & More | with Updated Zipped Platform & Playlist .xml folders and Platform Icons. Will this ever end?

-McFly-

10 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

What are your inclusion criteria for a platform @Mcfly.?

Generally I'll include anything that I can find Logo media for or Wikipedia / old-computers.com information on, as well as at least 1 rom or OS I can include with it. I'll also include a system that is regarded as an upgrade (Model I, Model II) or a system that was short-lived, one-off or historical for educational or rarity purposes. I don't really think of them as 'Platforms', more 'Systems'... but my wants have changed over time.

I'll make a rare version of a console, handheld etc. if I feel it warrants it, like the GB Micro Mother 3 or Sony Net Yaroze.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 11:57 AM, GIKAS1 said:

Hey! Thank you so much for sharing your HUGE game and art collection! Its been a great source in building and beautifying my LB rom collection. I've actually noticed 2 platforms missing from your collection though believe it or not lol. Pls correct me if Im wrong but you dont seem to have added the TimeTop Gameking 1 and 3 platforms. I've noticed them missing while searching for clear logos for them but I couldn't find them. So if you have actually added them could you direct me to where the clear logos for them are? Many thanks in advance!

I've never heard of them!! Thanks for that, I'll track them down and add them to my collection. I'll include what I find here for you.

• Game On 1

On 4/14/2023 at 11:41 AM, Arthurcoutinho600 said:

Wow this is amazing!

This is the biggest collection in the world

But please make tom & jerry collection,looney tunes collection,ben 10 collection,dragon ball z collection and woody woodpecker collection playlist xml

Thank you!

Tom & Jerry Collection.xmlLooney Tunes Collection.xmlBen 10 Collection.xmlDragon Ball Z Collection.xml

No zipped videos here, I just looked for a usable video for each of these playlists in the Videos folder.

Woody Woodpecker Collection.xml Woody Woodpecker Collection.zip 973579867_LooneyTunesCollection.zip Ben 10 Collection.zip 1350877390_DragonBallZCollection.zip 1858255754_TomJerryCollection.zip

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 11:57 AM, GIKAS1 said:

Hey! Thank you so much for sharing your HUGE game and art collection! Its been a great source in building and beautifying my LB rom collection. I've actually noticed 2 platforms missing from your collection though believe it or not lol. Pls correct me if Im wrong but you dont seem to have added the TimeTop Gameking 1 and 3 platforms. I've noticed them missing while searching for clear logos for them but I couldn't find them. So if you have actually added them could you direct me to where the clear logos for them are? Many thanks in advance!

I found the roms in MAME so created a playlist for them. I also found a pretty cool video on YT, which I've attached here. Theres a few images in there as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

Timetop Game King.zip Timetop Game King.xml

• Game On 1

• -McFly- changed the title to 548 Platforms | 593 Playlists | 650,000+ Games | with Zipped Data .xml folders. (updated April 27th '23). This is getting silly now.
1 hour ago, Mcfly. said:

I found the roms in MAME so created a playlist for them. I also found a pretty cool video on YT, which I've attached here. Theres a few images in there as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

Timetop Game King.zip 242.6 kB · 0 downloads Timetop Game King.xml 2.4 kB · 0 downloads

Amazing finds! Thanks! 

• Game On 1

Hello 

Can you please make this playlist XML?

FIFA Collection

Pro Evolution Soccer (eFootball) Collection

2D Games

3D Games

Sonic 1 Hacks

Sonic 2 Hacks

2D Fighting Games

2D Platform Games

Winx Club Collection

Nickelodeon Collection 

Cartoon Network Collection

3D Platform Games

3D Fighting Games

Mega Man Hacks

SNES Vs Mega Drive

Cartoon Games

Thank you

Edited by Arthurcoutinho600

Hey mate great list, this will keep me busy trying to get some of these into my own collection.

I'm assuming Atari 8 bit is the XEGS (I did manuals & commercials artwork for these too if it helps)?  I also notice QuadPlay isn't on there, I've done RetroFE packs for both so feel free to port them over to your collection.  You might also like the custom carts and intro video I did for Pico 8

Feel free to take, share and reuse any of it, sharing is caring after all & thanks for sharing all the videos, will be getting them downloaded!

Quad play: 

XEGS: 

Pico 8 (custom artworks and nice intro video if you want)

Edited by zestfool

On 5/4/2023 at 7:48 AM, zestfool said:

Hey mate great list, this will keep me busy trying to get some of these into my own collection.

I'm assuming Atari 8 bit is the XEGS (I did manuals & commercials artwork for these too if it helps)?  I also notice QuadPlay isn't on there, I've done RetroFE packs for both so feel free to port them over to your collection.  You might also like the custom carts and intro video I did for Pico 8

Feel free to take, share and reuse any of it, sharing is caring after all & thanks for sharing all the videos, will be getting them downloaded!

Quad play: 

XEGS: 

Pico 8 (custom artworks and nice intro video if you want)

Thanks for these, i'll be adding them to my collection shortly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the list,

Is there a way we can do the same for the emulators, I like the concept of RetroBAT that you will get all the emulators configured and downloaded you just need to add the BIOS's in one folder that will help the users too much 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 11:22 PM, alani said:

Thank you for the list,

Is there a way we can do the same for the emulators, I like the concept of RetroBAT that you will get all the emulators configured and downloaded you just need to add the BIOS's in one folder that will help the users too much 

The emulators would be easy to show if the Emulators.xml file actually showed the emulators chosen for each platform. Otherwise, I'm not sure how I'd be able to share what i've used for what. Maybe someone can create a plugin for this?

I've attached some screen images of all 5 of my LB drives (G,H,I,J,K) as well as the contents of my Launchbox and Emulators folders, for those who may be interested. The Emulators folder itself has a bunch of trial and useable emulators as well as a few that I couldn't get working for one reason or another. I used Treesize Free for these. Let me know if this is useful?

1669595888_Emulators3.thumb.png.21b6152a52018fb54a8cf07d7be9329b.png1867153652_Emulators2.thumb.png.3602491a93720750814c69be0faba10e.pngimage.thumb.png.5254f2f085419e0e0481b1bb30d1dd36.pngK1-4.thumb.png.3f15df5d0ea377bff53145d1fa4240c2.pngK5-8.thumb.png.0c3b74a7ffa9bc4af42189af8dc632d6.png97485539_Emulators1.thumb.png.5f2ebb14166e1410bc6031f98e40f277.pngG-H-I-J.thumb.png.9bc9056b0520db3c0589f8a923865d86.png