LaunchBox Community Forums

ANNOYING NAHIMIC POPUP

Gamer1000

I have a forever license to Launchbox/Bigbox.  Keeping that in mind I think Jason should include a way to disable that thing. Tired of seeing it every time I launch BigBox. I have been running LaunchBox/Big/Box WITH Nahimic now for just over a year. I have had no problems at all NONE. Seeing how I have a forever license there should be a way to disable that Nahimic popup WITHOUT disabling Nahimic. Anybody have a good explanation to why Jason does not do this?

be easy to put an option to disable it with the understanding you are not responsible for anything that happens. People like me that want to take the risk should be able to. I feel like I paid for an awesome piece of software NOT annoying popups with no way to disable them.

Edited by Gamer1000
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gamer1000 said:

I have a forever license to Launchbox/Bigbox.  Keeping that in mind I think Jason should include a way to disable that thing. Tired of seeing it every time I launch BigBox. I have been running LaunchBox/Big/Box WITH Nahimic now for just over a year. I have had no problems at all NONE. Seeing how I have a forever license there should be a way to disable that Nahimic popup WITHOUT disabling Nahimic. Anybody have a good explanation to why Jason does not do this?

be easy to put an option to disable it with the understanding you are not responsible for anything that happens. People like me that want to take the risk should be able to. I feel like I paid for an awesome piece of software NOT annoying popups with no way to disable them.

I think a good explanation is you might be the first person to actually report not having issues with Nahimic running. Without knowing we have users that do not experience issues in LB/BB with Nahimic running Jason would not know it needs to be an option that users can toggle on/off. 

• 1 month later...

I was having the same issue. It came with my ASUS z790 MOBO, I think. Here is a video on how to disable that service if you need to. 

On 1/22/2023 at 3:09 PM, Gamer1000 said:

Edited by BDeRbDaMaStA

I also dont have issues with nahimic.  I found this searching for the same thing.  I've been using LB/BB for years and has been on the same Asus mobo/pc with nahamic.  I havent used bigbox in a few months (wow expansion came out lol)  but am here because im preparing to return to it and that warning is going to be problematic.  disabling nahimic completely disables the EQ for my sound etc.  

i dont think nahimic itself is the issue it think the sonic radar/sonic studio crap it tries to install is (could be wrong though).  both of which I dont use because I dont need them (and they've been problematic for years with various softwares)

that being said, playnite pops up with the same error, except for it has a checkbox to disable it after having seen/read it.  that ought to be plenty adequate i'd think.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:09 PM, Gamer1000 said:

added a feature request https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/7610/small-feature-request-checkbox-to-disable

• 2 months later...

It's the soundtracker In Nahimic that is causing the graphical issues in Launchbox. Just disabale that function and you can still use nahiimic and launchbox will run just fine. Jason should include info about this when you download Launchbox to relieve him of any liability and disable that popup. I have a forever License. I should NOT get a Nahimic error or any error everytime I open Launchbox. Especially one that has been fixed